Show Us Your Car(s)

I want a Jeep badly!!!! I've been told a few times "they're loud" when I've told someone that. I get the same response when I say I want a Harley. It's like.....you're shittin me right? They're loud?? Why would I care about that?

Being loud :) they are, but like it matters, right ? If you look at the pictures on my profile you can see my Harley, now IT is loud :lol:

I still have the same Ford SporTrac after buying it almost 7 years ago. I'll buy a newer car after I graduate and land a steady job.

I have had this for about 1 year now.

2009 Ford XR6 Turbo

Attachments

• DSC_0594.jpg
    DSC_0594.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 21
I have had this for about 1 year now.

2009 Ford XR6 Turbo

Very nice.....

A mate of mine had a late BA XR6T some years ago. That was an absolute rocket ship, he bought it brand new imported from NZ into Adelaide (worked out way cheaper that way) and drove it back to Perth across the Nullabor
He only kept it for a year and traded it in for a HiLux, it attracted too many hoons trying to race him!

I have a feeling if I owned one of these, I'd lose my licence very very quickly....... :)

Ahh then that Turbo is a straight 6, for sure.

I can tell by the photo because if it is a V6 or V8, a bump in the middle of the bonnet/hood would show, but that 2009 model doesn't which means it is I6

Going to snap a picture of my super dirty car. Haven't had an opportunity to wash it since I moved and it has thousands of miles of dirt and road salt on it still, but it has been rained on a few times, which didn't really help wash it off. only made the spots on the windows worse.

I can tell by the photo because if it is a V6 or V8, a bump in the middle of the bonnet/hood would show, but that 2009 model doesn't which means it is I6

Never trust your eyes. Easy to fool you.

Like that.

What's type of engine it is? (look the picture)

Turbocharger can fit for all engines as H-4, I4, I6, V6, V8.

I6 always get HIGH torque than V6 for gasoline motor. Diesel I6 got torque monster than diesel V8. That's why 99% of semi-truck use Diesel I6. I like I6 better over any V engines. Why? Easy for maintenance and overhaul. Mostly V8 gasoline last around 300k mileage and most I6 diesel last around 600k mileage. For semi-truck with heavy duty I6 diesel would last over one million.

also I6 motor is heavy than V8 motor.

V engines are better than inline engines for MPG and afford but short life.

Attachments

• volkswagen-vr6_engine_4.jpg
    volkswagen-vr6_engine_4.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

no a bump is just for show, or for the intake in where the carb is situated in the - aka the V8 or V12, but v12's tend not to be so 'showy'

Like that.

What's type of engine it is?

I6 always get HIGH torque than V6 for gasoline motor. Diesel I6 got torque monster than diesel V8. That's why 99% of semi-truck use Diesel I6. I like I6 better over any V engines. Why? Easy for maintenance and overhaul. Mostly V8 gasoline last around 300k mileage and most I6 diesel last around 600k mileage. For semi-truck with heavy duty I6 diesel would last over one million.

yes that's true, I6 cranks are longer and more difficult to make and the blocks are longer also which can mean more difficulty to get the centre of gravity more 'correct' for better handling....

but i love straight six's, like the Torana's XU1's (LJ) not the LC too fickle as they tend to push pistons thru the block!- yes that bad!!!

Like that.

What's type of engine it is? (look the picture)

Interesting, thank you. I learnt something new.

Interesting, thank you. I learnt something new.

I took these pictures today, the camera does a poor job of showing the dirt, but it's a dirty car..

Attachments

• 2014-02-09 16.44.37.jpg
    2014-02-09 16.44.37.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 15
  • 2014-02-09 16.45.00.jpg
    2014-02-09 16.45.00.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 13
back from skiing trip in Vermont last month

1522060_10103467242734649_698814217_n.jpg

Back