Show Us Your Car(s)

Very nice.....

A mate of mine had a late BA XR6T some years ago. That was an absolute rocket ship, he bought it brand new imported from NZ into Adelaide (worked out way cheaper that way) and drove it back to Perth across the Nullabor
He only kept it for a year and traded it in for a HiLux, it attracted too many hoons trying to race him!

I have a feeling if I owned one of these, I'd lose my licence very very quickly....... :)

A Family member had a BA XR6T and it went very well. I like the BA/BF a lot as the engine has a larger turbo then the FG and get options like sunroof. I bought the FG as its got a F6 engine with 6 speed ZF auto.

I6 always get HIGH torque than V6 for gasoline motor. Diesel I6 got torque monster than diesel V8. That's why 99% of semi-truck use Diesel I6. I like I6 better over any V engines. Why? Easy for maintenance and overhaul. Mostly V8 gasoline last around 300k mileage and most I6 diesel last around 600k mileage. For semi-truck with heavy duty I6 diesel would last over one million.

also I6 motor is heavy than V8 motor.

V engines are better than inline engines for MPG and afford but short life.

I had a mate who was working on a EA falcon once and this car had 100,000km on the clock but was soooo worn and scratched, when the owner came back he asked why it was so worn but had only 100,000km, the owner said it was a ex taxi and had done 1,100,000km, Never rebuilt only regularly serviced. I6 is a world class engine just not enviromently friendly.

Here is my car, as promised. Sorry for the blurred one, it was zoomed in from a rather large photo.

v3ogo0.jpg

I heard it's quicker and cheap than Mustang. Is it I6 motor? Stupid USA don't like gasoline I6 anymore due EPA.

Yup I6 although Dohc and generally messed about with - plus mahoovise turbo. Ford should have exported these to the USA and marketed them as a four-door Mustang, I think they missed an opportunity there...

These will be more soon though sadly, Ford is closing Car Manufacturing in Australia soon, along with Holden (General Motors Aussie arm) and now Toyota.

It's a pity cos the Ford Falcons have always been good, solid ( although built down to a price, and these days totally old-fashioned ) cars.

Few months ago, sold my Harley Davidson F-250. Now own new SUV and my family and friends are crazy over this. LOL Very roomy, huge and friend of mine love it, couldn't believe only 3/4 tank over 759 miles. LOL
Thinking about getting 6.0L? My suggest scrap that thought! Its nice engine, powerful but not worth the maintenance headache.
Yup New one runs on Diesel, but not 6.0L

Im stuck alone at home, my family is out in real North East and having serious fun.

Few months ago, sold my Harley Davidson F-250. Now own new SUV and my family and friends are crazy over this. LOL Very roomy, huge and friend of mine love it, couldn't believe only 3/4 tank over 759 miles. LOL
Thinking about getting 6.0L? My suggest scrap that thought! Its nice engine, powerful but not worth the maintenance headache.
Yup New one runs on Diesel, but not 6.0L

Im stuck alone at home, my family is out in real North East and having serious fun.

what is it?

10-3-09004Medium.jpg

Biggest mass produced SUV ever built.
Gets close to 1 Kilo miles on a tank, (summer highway driving)
Even though that photo is not mine, but that vehicle, color, style and everything exact same.
Rust free from Kissimmee, Florida.

Last edited:
Last production was 2006 in Mexico 2005 in the states. It is just single generation excursion. Some comes with v-10 engine, a gasser! Mine is first year 7.3L DI V-8 (1995.5 to 2005 for states)
Thanks mate. Never seen that car before. It is not available here at all.

Last production was 2006 in Mexico 2005 in the states. It is just single generation excursion. Some comes with v-10 engine, a gasser! Mine is first year 7.3L DI V-8 (1995.5 to 2005 for states)
Fair enough, why change cars?

Thanks mate. Never seen that car before. It is not available here at all.

Yeah. My friend have one in Salt Lake City, Utah. It is great vehicle to climb uphill mountains without any trouble. It feels like semi-truck driving downhill. It comes with 15 mpg (6.3 km per liter) and its tank capacity is 44 gal. It would cost you about $176 means $194.87 (Australian Dollar) to fill up. :eek3:

Yeah. My friend have one in Salt Lake City, Utah. It is great vehicle to climb uphill mountains without any trouble. It feels like semi-truck driving downhill. It comes with 15 mpg (6.3 km per liter) and its tank capacity is 44 gal. It would cost you about $176 means $194.87 (Australian Dollar) to fill up. :eek3:
Jeez! That amount of money, no thank you. Thank god, my SUV costs me $85 to fill up.

Is that gas or Diesel? My excursion is now in maine, hits 20MPG and it is Diesel, its with my family and friends having fun. I can't go due to health issues. Yup $175 to fill up, LOL

For one, Ford Mechanic warned me to get rid of my old truck, may need new head gasket which will burn my bank down (At least $5,100) plus will need new injectors within couple years and it is going to cost over $3k. I just learn that 6.0 has design flaw, that is, 6.0L gets twice horses, twice torque than 7.3L, got EGR system in it has only 4 bolts per cylinder, compared to 7.3L has 6 bolts per cylinder. Because of that, the head gasket gets shorter lifespan, will always cause all of common kinds of problems. It is GREAT engine if used aggressively, how could I use it aggressively with fancy bell and whistles?
I ended up decided want Excursion because it is perfect family vehicle where we can travel not just by family, I wanted my kids to tag along with their friends so they can have fun. Ever since I bought that truck, I always end up having one or two heads too many. Excursion solves that problem, and I don't want to refill too often when going on trip, I think mine will need refill every 900 miles no problem. Also, it has hauling capacity of 5 ton, meaning can haul 5 ton no problem. I just found out that U-haul will not lend trailer on any SUV and Excursion is the only exception, simply because it is on F-250/350 frame.

Fair enough, why change cars?

Is that gas or Diesel? My excursion is now in maine, hits 20MPG and it is Diesel, its with my family and friends having fun. I can't go due to health issues. Yup $175 to fill up, LOL

Diesel.

It cost more than gas in California. $3.51 for 87 and $3.75 for diesel. It's a great truck. I'm sure gas is cheaper in Maine compares to CA. :lol:

$4.59 in Maine, LOL Its winter blend which usually cost more, summer blend will guarantee gel up fast up there.

Really, several of northeast states jacked up highway taxes on Diesel at this time. Not yet on gas, but soon will. Thats because most of state DOT is broke and need revenue.

Diesel.

It cost more than gas in California. $3.51 for 87 and $3.75 for diesel. It's a great truck. I'm sure gas is cheaper in Maine compares to CA. :lol:

For one, Ford Mechanic warned me to get rid of my old truck, may need new head gasket which will burn my bank down (At least $5,100) plus will need new injectors within couple years and it is going to cost over $3k. I just learn that 6.0 has design flaw, that is, 6.0L gets twice horses, twice torque than 7.3L, got EGR system in it has only 4 bolts per cylinder, compared to 7.3L has 6 bolts per cylinder. Because of that, the head gasket gets shorter lifespan, will always cause all of common kinds of problems. It is GREAT engine if used aggressively, how could I use it aggressively with fancy bell and whistles?
I ended up decided want Excursion because it is perfect family vehicle where we can travel not just by family, I wanted my kids to tag along with their friends so they can have fun. Ever since I bought that truck, I always end up having one or two heads too many. Excursion solves that problem, and I don't want to refill too often when going on trip, I think mine will need refill every 900 miles no problem. Also, it has hauling capacity of 5 ton, meaning can haul 5 ton no problem. I just found out that U-haul will not lend trailer on any SUV and Excursion is the only exception, simply because it is on F-250/350 frame.

That's why I don't like any V types engine for diesel. 80% of semi-truck use I6. Also few of people own F-250 with Cummin 5.9L motor (only 6 cylinders) and it's better than V8 6.0L for high torque and MPG.

Funny thing, Ford F650 have two choose motors for 6.8L V10 and it's only 362 hp @ 457 lb-ft torque and Cummins 6.7L I6 and it's 360 hp @ 800 lb-ft.

800lb-ft is torque monster for just straight six cylinders.

Diesel.

Because of tax! Diesel as itself is cheaper than gasoline and diesel got 40% better MPG than gasoline and give engine long life.

VW Polo with 1.4L 3 cylinders diesel and it got 72 MPG from Europe. I don't understand why USA don't have one!

Volkswagen_Polo_6R_TSI_Comfortline.jpg

Smart car is 1.0L 3 cylinder gasoline and it got 40 MPG. Smart is smaller motor and body than VW POLO. Smart car is a big joke!

Back