Vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin evading a mother
of a deaf child?
Jessica Haas, Sioux City, Iowa, a mother of a 2-year old
deaf son, approached Palin after her speech, asking what
she could do to help the deaf.
Palin, being evasive, was "rescued" by security that
pulled her away.

From Deafdigest

I read a blog which had commentary about this particular issue and one person said "Maybe one of the antlers she acquired as a trophy hunter punctured her brain."

:laugh2:

Some dumbass left a comment on the website Hear Again just linked us to recently.

Would helping this deaf child cost MONEY? Sorry. The kid is on his own. Every man, woman and child for himself. We can''t be spreading any wealth around.

Would helping this deaf child cost MONEY? Sorry. The kid is on his own. Every man, woman and child for himself. We can''t be spreading any wealth around.

hmmm...:hmm: I'm trying to see the poster's point of view but I just can not get my head that far up my a$$.

She was unable to answer the question directly...not good at all considering she has a son with special needs. It makes her sound like she doesnt really know what goes on in the educational system especially for deaf children.

Sounds like the person who wrote that was being scarcastic. However, I could be wrong.

You could be right, that thought did occur to me when I first read it. Although it is easy for one to take it the wrong way.

Maybe it is.

Some dumbass left a comment on the website Hear Again just linked us to recently.

It probably shows that people are so hurt by the economy and their way of thinking has been affected by it.

It is possible Palin had some of her aides to talk to Ms. Haas.

People like McCain/Palin and Obama/Biden running for office have to leave to attend other events even if they wanted to stay speaking to people. They don't have much times to hang out with people whenever they wanted to.

I honestly can't tell whether or not this poster is being sarcastic. :hmm:

She was unable to answer the question directly...not good at all considering she has a son with special needs. It makes her sound like she doesnt really know what goes on in the educational system especially for deaf children.

Thats why i said..."Huh?"....lol!
I was dumbfounded since she has a child with
special needs..geez.

It is possible Palin had some of her aides to talk to Ms. Haas.

People like McCain/Palin and Obama/Biden running for office have to leave to attend other events even if they wanted to stay speaking to people. They don't have much times to hang out with people whenever they wanted to.

Good point. Especially if they are attending events in 7 different states.

Just more of the McCain/Palin campaign not giving any real answers. They are more than willing to make statements such as "Parents of special needs children, you will have a friend and an advocate in the White House" but unable to give any specifics of just exactly what that advocacy would entail. She doesn't know what the problems are, and therefore doesn't have a clue as to what is needed to solve them.

Good point. Especially if they are attending events in 7 different states.

Obama manages to work the details of his vision into his speeches. Is it too much to ask that the other candidates do the same?

Just more of the McCain/Palin campaign not giving any real answers. They are more than willing to make statements such as "Parents of special needs children, you will have a friend and an advocate in the White House" but unable to give any specifics of just exactly what that advocacy would entail. She doesn't know what the problems are, and therefore doesn't have a clue as to what is needed to solve them.

Exactly.

In fact, if you read an article that was posted by dreama in the political forum (unfortunately I can't remember the name of the thread -- I think it was "A Friend in the White House"), you can read a speech Palin gave to parents of children who have special needs. No specifics were given as to how she would solve the issues these parents deal with on a daily basis.

Back