Sarah Palin dont like deaf people!!

What details did he say about deaf children? I missed that speech.

Have you listened to any of his speeches regarding health care and education? All can be applied to deaf children.

Have you listened to any of his speeches regarding health care and education? All can be applied to deaf children.
So his speeches wouldn't answer Mrs. Haas's specific questions either.

So his speeches wouldn't answer Mrs. Haas's specific questions either.

If her questions were regarding the health and education of deaf children, it would have. If her questions were regarding tax issues that would provide her with more actual disposable income to spend on the care of that child, they would have. If the questions were cultural in nature, perhaps she should have addressed them to one of the 4 interpreters that Obama has at his speeches. Oh, wait, was there a terp available at the Palin rally?

From the link:

"After the encounter, I asked Haas [the mother] whether she was satisfied with Palin’s answer.

'I was pretty content with it, yeah,' she said.."

So if the mother was satisfied, what's the problem?

And what, exactly, was the answer? News reports say that Palin was, once again, wisked away.

And what, exactly, was the answer? News reports say that Palin was, once again, wisked away.
From CBS News' Scott Conroy:

(DES MOINES, IOWA) - After Sarah Palin spoke to an overflow crowd in Sioux City, Iowa, a woman in the crowd approached the governor to query her about what specific things she’d do to improve special needs care.

Palin asked the woman — who later identified herself as Jessica Haas from Le Mars, Iowa — whether she had heard her speech in Pittsburgh on Friday about the subject. Haas said that she had not.

Haas explained that she was having trouble getting her two-year-old son—who is deaf—access to the services to which he’s entitled.

“Have you been working with your local elected officials?” Palin asked.

Haas said that she had been doing so but was not satisfied with the results. A Palin staffer then tried to break up the conversation, reaching down from the stage and putting his arm between Palin and Haas.

Palin asked the woman if she had a specific question.

“I mean, what can we do so that parents don’t have to demand that the rights be given?” Haas said.

“Well, you need to have faith that your—that your elected officials will demand that for you, so the bureaucracy is—is enabling you to get those things, well, taken care of,” Palin said. “… as the advocate in the White House, that’s what I will ensure.”

“OK, I hope so because it’s been a rough ride,” Haas said.

After the encounter, I asked Haas whether she was satisfied with Palin’s answer.

“I was pretty content with it, yeah,” she said.
Woman With Deaf Son Questions Palin On Special Needs Care - From The Road

From the link:

"After the encounter, I asked Haas [the mother] whether she was satisfied with Palin’s answer.

I was wondering that too. I can't read any of Obama's speaches. After a while the insinserity of it all makes me want to be sick.

I was wondering that too. I can't read any of Obama's speaches. After a while the insinserity of it all makes me want to be sick.

I feel the exact same way when reading McCain/Palin speeches.

Nevertheless, I still read them so that I can be a more informed voter.

Perhaps if you took the time to read them, you would be more accurate in your assessments of his position. It is obvious that you have not bothered to inform yourself regarding his politics. You would be surprised. They are actually full of answers and content. Unlike the double speak spouted by McCain and Palin that only sounds good if you don't bother to look too deep. Try finding a single specific in any of their speeches. Can't be done.

From the link:

Jessica Haas wasn't completely satisfied with Palin's answer.

Originally Posted by Byrdie714
No because they are too busy trying to mock Obama. *wink wink*.

Secondly--one is better orator than the other and we know who that is. *wink wink*.

:rofl2:

Perhaps if you took the time to read them, you would be more accurate in your assessments of his position. It is obvious that you have not bothered to inform yourself regarding his politics. You would be surprised. They are actually full of answers and content. Unlike the double speak spouted by McCain and Palin that only sounds good if you don't bother to look too deep. Try finding a single specific in any of their speeches. Can't be done.

Good point.

It's easier for some people to just dismiss a candidate without ever looking into their policies.

I really think this is a non-issue. Palin was extremely busy, and with all that going on around her, you can't expect her to drop what she's doing, sit down, and have a ten-minute conversation. It's not that she "hated Deaf people." That's ridiculous.

I would compare this to someone stopping Obama on his way up to the podium to deliver a speech and asking him, "Okay, so my cousin is trying to have gastric bypass but her insurance company said they wouldn't cover it, and I called them back..." You can't expect a well-thought-out answer from someone who is in that much of a time crunch.

-Amanda (who voted against McCain AND Palin)

No need to argue without hard evidence to prove.

Only you need to pay attention to Obama how he would handle when he is going to take over the office.

According to this article, Haas was pretty content with Palin's answer. In other words, she wasn't completely content.
Is anyone in that situation ever completely content? What can one realistically expect from a rope-line moment?

Back