Marijuana

Either legalize marijuana OR illegalize alcohol. Stop the hypocriscy.

People's choice that your words might not help ~or~ might help them at all. :(

If you want my lengthy opinion , here it is:

i have used marijuana medically for the past year now, and can say that it has relieved my symptoms. i have smoked 1 gram of marijuana daily for the past year, and i haven't suffered any "amotivational syndrome" etc. Quite the contrary, I could say I have been most productive during this time.

I think that I would prefer to have my kids getting high at home, rather than out drinking and driving with their friends. You know, alcohol is the "party " drug and marijuana is the evil drug that corrupts youth--or so this is how society portrays it. In a pharmacological sense, marijuana is harmless. You simply can't consume enough cannabis to fatally overdose. Keep in mind, many people do die from overdosing on alcohol; oftentimes this is unintentional. There seems to be a lack of knowledge about the dangers of alcohol...

You know, American culture is so hypocritical. Politicians like former California governor Gray Davis will tell you that it would set a bad example to legalize marijuana, hence he does not favor it. Why then does alcohol, the most widely-used and accepted drug in the world, remain legal? Prohibition did not work when the government tried it in the 1920's. It's the same thing that's happening now; have DARE to indoctrinate children in school with anti-drug bullshit and mindless biased conclusions, comparing marijuana to heroin( Ha!) In the 1920's we had Aslinger's babbling propaganda and rhetoric to convince us that Marijuana is addictive, will make you kill people, cause insanity and that black jazz musicians use it to seduce poor poor white women into their sinful and lustful ways. It was all lies and deception then and it's all lies and deception now... honestly, we have to be fucking kidding ourselves if we think marijuana will ruin society, when humans have used it for thousands of years.

*lights spliff* :fingersx:

I am 31 and I have never used drugs, don't want them, don't need them
and am to darn good for them! as for marijauna, I had my first encounter
with it last year,two idiots I was associating with thought it would be hilarious
to introduce me to the world of drugs without me knowing it,I knew the room stunk, of what I did not know but I was getting a very bad headache so finally put 2+2 together and can say I very much did not appreciate their attempt to get me high.

I am all for legalizing medical marijuana.

Smoking pot for recreation is NOT medical marijuana. Marijuana can cause undesirable effects; I only recommend for people who need it medically.

FDA unfortunately plays politics and ignored the majority of scientists saying that marijuana is not dangerous and can be beneficial for some ailments. FDA clearly abuses that power.

I honest think marijuana isnt a drug.. its a natural thing! If ppl think its a drug obviously they add something inside the marijuana to make it more dangerous.

LisaMarie said:
I honest think marijuana isnt a drug.. its a natural thing!
Well, poop is "natural" too, but I wouldn't roll it up in a paper and smoke it.

"Natural" does not always mean "good for you".

Reba said:
Well, poop is "natural" too, but I wouldn't roll it up in a paper and smoke it.

"Natural" does not always mean "good for you".
common sense!! i wouldnt smoke up the sh*T! Did i said all natural are good for you? no...

hootster said:
I m stoned right now if thats saying anything.
LOL if ur stoned then how come u are up all and dancing? just kidding.. (looking at the guy dancing.. thats funny!)

netrox said:
I am all for legalizing medical marijuana.

I agree with you on that...

Catmandu said:
Yes, I have a mind and that's why I don't use it. If I want to get silly then I'd get a few drinks. Preferably extra strength White Russians.

Me too *me pouring some of the White Russians in the glass* and say, "here you go, drink your self silly!" :D

ROE said:
I am 31 and I have never used drugs, don't want them, don't need them
and am to darn good for them! as for marijauna, I had my first encounter
with it last year,two idiots I was associating with thought it would be hilarious
to introduce me to the world of drugs without me knowing it,I knew the room stunk, of what I did not know but I was getting a very bad headache so finally put 2+2 together and can say I very much did not appreciate their attempt to get me high.

LOL - Wanna know something, I'm 43 and I too never used drugs all my life. Not even one small hit or puff of pot. However, I had a similar situation as you were. You see, when I was about 19 years old, I use to belong in NJ Deaf Club and played softball for a few years before I'd moved down to Fla. Anyway, in one Summer season, we went to Montreal Canada for a softball tournament. And as we drove on the way to Canada, there were five of us guys in the car and here I was, sitting in the middle of the back seat minding my own business while they were smoking pot like crazy. It was bad enough that they were smoking pot, they wanted to keep all the door's windows shut, just in case, ya know...so, I'm like "Aw shit, get me the f*** out of here, I can't stand it any longer!!" And by the time we got there, I was pretty much in "high"... LOL So, I can understand where you were coming from...

Cloggy said:
I'd rather see someone that's high on marijuana than someone who's drunk. Unfortunately, alcohol is the legal drug.
This is the first time that I'm agreeing with you :)
I also think the drunks are worse than stoners.

Nuty said:
Why, are you a stoner? :D
LOL I'm not even though I've smoked it three or four times in the past :)
But I know some friends who are heavy stoners. I compared them to drunkards whose behavior I have found to be worst than those who are stoners. That's my opinion.

ButterflyGirl said:
LOL I'm not even though I've smoked it three or four times in the past :)
But I know some friends who are heavy stoners. I compared them to drunkards whose behavior I have found to be worst than those who are stoners. That's my opinion.

lol, I know, I was only busting your chops...but I think you are right that drunkards are far worst than the stoners. You know who really needs to get stone? That friggin' Heath! Because he or she...is sooo friggin' doofus! LOL

Nuty said:
lol, I know, I was only busting your chops...but I think you are right that drunkards are far worst than the stoners. You know who really needs to get stone? That friggin' Heath! Because he or she...is sooo friggin' doofus! LOL
:rofl: Yes, he definitely needs it!!
Betta run before he sees this :scatter:

LisaMarie said:
LOL if ur stoned then how come u are up all and dancing? just kidding.. (looking at the guy dancing.. thats funny!)

Lol, actually one time I drank some red bull after I smoked, I turned into that guy!

Red bull + mary jane = stoner speed. lol. I heard about it, so I thought I would try it out one night.

Lets just say that the night didnt turn out well. lol. It makes you all hyper and paranoid. Never try it!

I use it once in a while for special occassions such as July 4th etc and I have a lot of friends who use it so I have nothing against it but one thing I know for sure is that I'd rather ride in a car with someone who is high than drunk.

I think we should legalize pot and tax it. It will definitely make our economy BLOOM which is what we definitely need. There are high taxes on cigs and alcohol, etc.

I read somewhere that the reason why the gov't wont legalize pot is because they will not be able to control those who grow it for personal use.

Two world of marijuna users

I hope this debate still going on because I've got to say something about this 420 issue.

Only I can say is two world of people who use it.

This cateogry is who people are well-educated, hard working and motivated to put world at better place for our children and grandchildren. They will just will be not an avid smokers but use as "once in while " users.

Honsetly, I'm not sure if you ever notice that there are highly professionals except "doctors" or suregons or whatever that cannot deal with this kind of drug but some highly professionals might just go home after really world-changing day and just to smoke it up and relax. I'm sure they dont smoke around children because they care.

Another cateogry is who people are un-motivated, become careless because they just want to be stoned, really stoned... forget about what world is really about and want to spend all on greenies which is not nesscary to do that. Some kind of hippies are like just wanna to be chilled or "fuck the world".

So you have think about what's good decision of drug use, of course I am not talking about over A-Z drug list. I am narrow to the point of this marijuana use.

I guess I'll never understand why people need to waste their money, and risk their reputation for pot. Why do they need pot to "relax"? It just doesn't make sense to me. :dunno:

Back