Health Care to "control the people"

Status
Not open for further replies.
To quote my grandmother:

"Hope in one hand and shyte in the other. See which one fills up the fastest."

:lol: I certainly hope it will turn out for best but right now - I'm not very thrilled about mandatory insurance. well too late now. they passed it. now we're all together in the boat with holes so it's best we all row the boat together to the nearest island and see what happens in the end instead of bickering while the boat's sinking.

:fruit:

Screw that I am swimming.

Screw that I am swimming.

you could do that :lol:

2dgnyhl.jpg

or... when we're all together in the boat, some of us can use their hands to cover the hole while rest of us row together to get to the island faster.

Only USA, out of all industrialized countries, have no healthcare. Finally we're getting it.

Japan has it. European countries have it. Australia has it. NZ has it. Are they complaining and wanting them removed? Nope. They want it. Still... after all those years!

Get over with it. It's here to stay. Any attempt to remove it will make you unpopular.

Only USA, out of all industrialized countries, have no healthcare. Finally we're getting it.

Japan has it. European countries have it. Australia has it. NZ has it. Are they complaining and wanting them removed? Nope. They want it. Still... after all those years!

Get over with it. It's here to stay. Any attempt to remove it will make you unpopular.

that's because we have PRIVATIZED healthcare where majority of the world benefits from us. only about 15% of Americans are not insured.

wondering what's next.... requiring each household to have a computer and internet in order to improve our education system? :hmm:

that's because we have PRIVATIZED healthcare where majority of the world benefits from us. only about 15% of Americans are not insured.

wondering what's next.... requiring each household to have a computer and internet in order to improve our education system? :hmm:

It will likely happen! :)

After all Obama is proposing that 100 million have broadband access. :)

And in some schools, computers are required. If you cannot afford it, they will provide for free or really cheap.

I mean, seriously, you have to pay for paper, pens, clothes, lunch, etc. So, deal with it.

I hear a lot of talking from opponents of the bill that it is unconstitutional. How so? Congress is empowered by the Constitution to regulate interstate commerce. Opponents argue that Congress's mandate that individuals must purchase insurance from private vendors is unprecedented, because uninsured individuals can't participate in commerce. Others argue that the health insurance mandate is clearly under the Constitution. Would the Supreme Court say that Congress can't regulate people who are participating in the $1 trillion health-care market? Naw. The lawsuits soon to appear before the Supreme Court simply don't have any legs both as a matter of precedence and as a matter of common sense.

I hear a lot of talking from opponents of the bill that it is unconstitutional. How so? Congress is empowered by the Constitution to regulate interstate commerce. Opponents argue that Congress's mandate that individuals must purchase insurance from private vendors is unprecedented, because uninsured individuals can't participate in commerce. Others argue that the health insurance mandate is clearly under the Constitution. Would the Supreme Court say that Congress can't regulate people who are participating in the $1 trillion health-care market? Naw. The lawsuits soon to appear before the Supreme Court simply don't have any legs both as a matter of precedence and as a matter of common sense.

We will see.....doesn't hurt to try.

Universal health care - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Health care in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

International_Comparison_-_Healthcare_spending_as_%25_GDP.png

See this: Think Progress Why George Washington would disagree with the right wing about health care’s constitutionality.

See this: The Militia Act of 1792 <-- this was done after the Constitution was ratified.

Hmm...channeling George Washington, too? What's next?

You know that the health insurance did NOT exist in America when the Constitution was created?

George Washington was being a fascist for making all men have those items! OUTRAGEOUS!

You know that the health insurance did NOT exist in America when the Constitution was created?

George Washington was being a fascist for making all men have those items! OUTRAGEOUS!

Have fun paying taxes. :)

Mourning? I am not sure what you mean. Mind clarifying? I doubt seriously that society as a whole would mourn your death, lol.

oh. I think I misunderstood your answer. I thought you were referring to the impact of my death on family members and friends.

your quote in response to my previous post that in health care - it affects only me - "Not quite true when you look at the results of health care that affect the others in your life, as well as society as a whole."

new response - I am not responsible for their well-being.

There were similar arguments when the Texas legislature passed a law requiring motorcyclists to wear helmets. Some people don't like the helmets. They are hot and less comfortable than no helmet. Some people want to take the risk of smashing their skulls on the pavement. Texans are an independent, stubborn lot, just like my dear friend, TXgolfer. :D

The problem is that when these people smash their skulls on pavement, they end up in our trauma care racking up huge medical expenses that society pays. There's also the tragedy on the personal level, when a young person has brain damage and is permanently impaired. That's another cost to society as well, losing a productive member of society.

Doctors who work in emergency rooms have a name for people who don't wear helmets-- "organ donor." That does for bicyclists, too. Please protect your brain. You might need it some day.

That's another cost to society as well, losing a productive member of society.

Maybe....maybe not. Might be the end of a sloth or pedophile too. If they are not smart enough to wear a helmet maybe maybe we are just thinning the herd.

Insurance cos could always create a surcharge for not wearing a helmet. Designate such on the insurance card and then create large fines for people who claim to be helmet wearing riders. Also since riding a motorcycle is a priviledge and most end up toast when they crash helmet or not.....you could always require them to carry health ins......

Maybe....maybe not. Might be the end of a sloth or pedophile too. If they are not smart enough to wear a helmet maybe maybe we are just thinning the herd.

Insurance cos could always create a surcharge for not wearing a helmet. Designate such on the insurance card and then create large fines for people who claim to be helmet wearing riders. Also since riding a motorcycle is a priviledge and most end up toast when they crash helmet or not.....you could always require them to carry health ins......

Actually, she meant those bedridden people will end up being supported by taxpayers because they're completely unable to get a job, but it's also inhumane to end their lives... So effectively, they become a societal burden on social security because they made a reckless mistake of not wearing proper gears.

Once you've broke your skull or your neck, it's kinda hard to get yourself un-bedridden (or off of life-support in a wheelchair even) for the rest of your life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back