Good bye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lillys dad

Reaction score
Well, after several arguments and ambush attacks here on all.deaf, I have come to the conclusion that I am finished here. I can no longer tollerate senseless, unprovoked attacks here simply because of some of the choices I have made for my family and my deaf daughter. For a group of people to consistently preach understanding, openmindedness, and inclusion, this webpage is filled with some of the most negative, hate spweing, closedminded people that I have ever encountered. It seems that a majority of members here are nice and polite until you say or think something they do not agree with, then they show themselves for who they really are.
Fortunately, I have met some very nice people that have helped me make soem tough decisions. TO those people, I say thank you.
It really is sad, when a group of people that have been historicaly oppressed, treated badly, and been looked down upon, do the exact same things to others. I guess it is the old philosophy of "whats good for the goose..." mentallity. The actions of these peopl eare actually hurting the progress of deaf people as a whole.
I really am disappointed by alot of the peopl eon this site. They fail to accept that they are responsible for thier own outcome in life. Whether you are hearing or deaf, no one gets a free ride in life. No one is entitled anything. IF you want anything in life, you must get off your ass and go get it. By sitting back complaining about being a victim of this or that, you are simply turning yourself into an eternal victim. I would have thought that the struggles and fights of the deaf people that came before would have inspired the deaf of today. In several cases, I have read stories of thsoe that have been inspired, and have overcome very hard circumstances. But unfortuantely, there are many here that choose to sit on thier asses and complain.
I am following the advice given to me from a post earlier today.
"Don't bother with the deaf culture, they have scars that won't go away. Just focus on your daughter and make she doesn't have the same scar."
Good advice.. Who knows, maybe in ten or twenty years, alot of the crap will subside. Then I may give it another try. But just remember, when you all are complaining abou thearing people dont understand, or dont care about the issues that deaf people deal with, there are seferal of us that do/did care, but we were simply pushed away.
For those that I have talked to away from this site, you know how to get in contact with me. If not, and you think about it, there are a few here that have my emailed addresses. Contact them, to contact me.
Good bye.

I'm very sorry. :sadwave:

Don't bother with the deaf culture, they have scars that won't go away. Just focus on your daughter and make she doesn't have the same scar."
Huh? Where in the heck did that come from? Lilysdad...........I actually think this place is really very moderate. There's no Sweetminds here...............
Please, please continue with exposing Lily to Deaf Culture. Sure its no utopia........but the benifits from it, can be amazing for a hoh kid. Most hoh kids already have the skills and abilty to be a part of the hearing/ mainstream world.
Please, please don't not expose Lily to the Deaf world and ASL and things like that. Shel's family and mine and countless others did that, but we didn't do that great. Just b/c some people here don't quite agree with your choices, it doesn't mean that everyone does! You know..............a lot of those scars that the person who posted refer to, are basicly from the negativeness/frustration of being totally oral and then being introduced to something that could really help us.
Please don't wait ten or twnety years to reintorduce Lily to ASL and Deaf culture.....you don't want her discovering it and you and your wife thinking "We should have done this earlier".......................You're doing an awesome awesome job raising Lily! Please please don't let the negativity of a few scare you away!

Well...good luck then. Try to ignore the idiots in real life if you can; I fear for your blood pressure a bit.

:bye: :fingersx:

I was referring to deaf culture who treat you with disrespect because you are hearing and all , cussing at you and everything just because they didn't like how you handle your daughter. I am telling you pay no attention to them. I didn't mean all deaf people.

We only speak out to make sure the parents do not take the same path that our parent made. Nothing wrong with that is it?

I'm sorry to read that but I fully support your decision when you don't feel comfortable about this situation. I wish you the best of luck after alldeaf!

:sadwave:

Well, after several arguments and ambush attacks here on all.deaf, I have come to the conclusion that I am finished here. I can no longer tollerate senseless, unprovoked attacks here simply because of some of the choices I have made for my family and my deaf daughter. For a group of people to consistently preach understanding, openmindedness, and inclusion, this webpage is filled with some of the most negative, hate spweing, closedminded people that I have ever encountered. It seems that a majority of members here are nice and polite until you say or think something they do not agree with, then they show themselves for who they really are.
Fortunately, I have met some very nice people that have helped me make soem tough decisions. TO those people, I say thank you.
It really is sad, when a group of people that have been historicaly oppressed, treated badly, and been looked down upon, do the exact same things to others. I guess it is the old philosophy of "whats good for the goose..." mentallity. The actions of these peopl eare actually hurting the progress of deaf people as a whole.
I really am disappointed by alot of the peopl eon this site. They fail to accept that they are responsible for thier own outcome in life. Whether you are hearing or deaf, no one gets a free ride in life. No one is entitled anything. IF you want anything in life, you must get off your ass and go get it. By sitting back complaining about being a victim of this or that, you are simply turning yourself into an eternal victim. I would have thought that the struggles and fights of the deaf people that came before would have inspired the deaf of today. In several cases, I have read stories of thsoe that have been inspired, and have overcome very hard circumstances. But unfortuantely, there are many here that choose to sit on thier asses and complain.
I am following the advice given to me from a post earlier today.
"Don't bother with the deaf culture, they have scars that won't go away. Just focus on your daughter and make she doesn't have the same scar."
Good advice.. Who knows, maybe in ten or twenty years, alot of the crap will subside. Then I may give it another try. But just remember, when you all are complaining abou thearing people dont understand, or dont care about the issues that deaf people deal with, there are seferal of us that do/did care, but we were simply pushed away.
For those that I have talked to away from this site, you know how to get in contact with me. If not, and you think about it, there are a few here that have my emailed addresses. Contact them, to contact me.
Good bye.

it saddens me to see that it is happening to you...
i tried to contact you but you didn't leave any contact information on your profile... and not only that, i don't know who you have contacts with here/ or who your friends are... i hope you are reading this so i can hear from you!!! :bowdown: :D

Huh? Where in the heck did that come from? Lilysdad...........I actually think this place is really very moderate. There's no Sweetminds here...............
Please, please continue with exposing Lily to Deaf Culture. Sure its no utopia........but the benifits from it, can be amazing for a hoh kid. Most hoh kids already have the skills and abilty to be a part of the hearing/ mainstream world.
Please, please don't not expose Lily to the Deaf world and ASL and things like that. Shel's family and mine and countless others did that, but we didn't do that great. Just b/c some people here don't quite agree with your choices, it doesn't mean that everyone does! You know..............a lot of those scars that the person who posted refer to, are basicly from the negativeness/frustration of being totally oral and then being introduced to something that could really help us.
Please don't wait ten or twnety years to reintorduce Lily to ASL and Deaf culture.....you don't want her discovering it and you and your wife thinking "We should have done this earlier".......................You're doing an awesome awesome job raising Lily! Please please don't let the negativity of a few scare you away!

i have to agree with deafdyke! (sigh)

I was referring to deaf culture who treat you with disrespect because you are hearing and all , cussing at you and everything just because they didn't like how you handle your daughter. I am telling you pay no attention to them. I didn't mean all deaf people.

We only speak out to make sure the parents do not take the same path that our parent made. Nothing wrong with that is it?

he/she is right!!! i have been in your shoes! and i don't let those people get to me otherwise i wouldn't be able to live my life! :ugh:

not all of us have bashed you! have we? like me... NOPE! so why leave the forum because of "SOME" OF THOSE NEGATIVE PEOPLE??? there are many others like me out there that can be supportive of you, etc... simply ignore those people ... don't read their threads/posts either...

i don't even read everything in here anymore because it is time consuming and also it can be stressful because there are a lot of negative/bashing people in here that i don't need to deal with and hate getting the negative vibes in here a lot of the times anyway... i like to come in here for fun and also to give/or gather information related to CI, etc... i am sure you noticed that i am not in here that much! :D

Guys, no need to ramble on and convince him, he already left the AD House for good.

The mod should close this thread now..

Guys, no need to ramble on and convince him, he already left the AD House for good.

Oh SHIT.... I wish Lily'sDad did not let IDIOTS win....I like him.. he is really nice....

You are right...Sweetmind quit coming here to make posts.. but there are ONE OR TWO does copies and paste to inform her whats going on.... not long ago I found out.. i was surprised she knew certain posts... one AD'er is very young boy... he had not been in here lately now... but every time i see him in here... i stay away.... he keeps her informed...

why close this thread??

we are trying to show him support because we care! :squint: ... and i wouldn't be surprised if he is reading this thread :P and hopefully he will come back in here after "cooling off" and getting over the "hurt" ... i empthaize with him!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back