Good bye

Status
Not open for further replies.
why close this thread??

we are trying to show him support because we care! :squint: ... and i wouldn't be surprised if he is reading this thread :P and hopefully he will come back in here after "cooling off" and getting over the "hurt" ... i empthaize with him!!! :D

No, he is not currently reading this at all if you go to main page;
http://www.alldeaf.com/ then scroll to bottom to see who is currently online(he didn't make his username invisible)

No, he is not currently reading this at all if you go to main page;
http://www.alldeaf.com/ then scroll to bottom to see who is currently online(he didn't make his username invisible)

not everyone makes themselves "visible" :D :P

FYI, i just checked his profile and i DO know that he did read this! :P

Let him do what he wish to. It's not up to us to decide what he can do or cannot do.

I think he's just having a bad week. If he really do intend to cut the deaf community off from his life and his daughter's, that's his decision.

:sigh sadly:..:( I'm sorry to see you go Lily's Dad, I don't blame you for want to leave here, there are times I don't like being here myself cause of the lack of support and respect in this forum, but I'm still around and I hope you will stick around too, I know it's hard to ignored some posts here but you got a lot of great supporters here and you have made some wonderful friends as well too.....

Maybe down the road, you may want to sneak in and let us know how you and your daughter are doing, I would love to hear how she is doing well with her implants etc.....Hang in there :hug:

Last edited:
not everyone makes themselves "visible" :D :P

FYI, i just checked his profile and i DO know that he did read this! :P

what you see in his profile is that this was last place he posted not read :)

If you look at those long list of members that was here TODAY, You will see lilly there but as currently online, nope.. (you won't see me in both currently online and online today)

Oh well..I guess iam partly responsible for it cuz I made some comments that pissed him off even though it wasn't my intention. I have apologized to him.

The fact is we r all different and not perfect. We will say things that may mean something else to another AD member and hurt that person's feelings. However, I felt I explained why I posted that POV that got him upset and if he is still reeling from that POV even though I apologized and explained my reasons, then there is not much more I can do.

We r all humans and not perfect but who is perfect anyway? It is too bad that Lillysdad felt that way about deaf culture cuz the majority of us r not like that. Sure, we get frustrated and upset about some issues and express them so if others don't like it, then what's the point of being able to share our feelings, opinions, frustrations, and so forth?

As for directly bashing him..don't know about that.

what you see in his profile is that this was last place he posted not read :)

If you look at those long list of members that was here TODAY, You will see lilly there but as currently online, nope.. (you won't see me in both currently online and online today)

it doesn't matter... when i saw his first post in this thread, i tried to email him but his contact info. wasn't there... then i said something in my previous post at the beginning of this thread -- later i went back into his profile- i noticed a change in his profile... :D so obviously he did read this! :D

people say i would make a good detective if i was hearing :D don't i wish! :lol:

Oh well..I guess iam partly responsible for it cuz I made some comments that pissed him off even though it wasn't my intention. I have apologized to him.

The fact is we r all different and not perfect. We will say things that may mean something else to another AD member and hurt that person's feelings. However, I felt I explained why I posted that POV that got him upset and if he is still reeling from that POV even though I apologized and explained my reasons, then there is not much more I can do.

We r all humans and not perfect but who is perfect anyway? It is too bad that Lillysdad felt that way about deaf culture cuz the majority of us r not like that. Sure, we get frustrated and upset about some issues and express them so if others don't like it, then what's the point of being able to share our feelings, opinions, frustrations, and so forth?

as i have mentioned, i am not in here that much so i don't know which thread/posts you guys are referring to that might have triggered his anger, whatnot... but all i can say is, he is "new" to deaf culture... so i can understand and see where he is coming from... i used to be VERY "HEARING" for years... and was in his shoes and all that... he is just not used to this kind of deaf culture... maybe he is in a culture shock.. :dunno:

lastly, i hope he will cool off and get over the "hurt" or whatsoever... and come back in here...

My advice to Lillysdad, coming from someone that works with kids who are implanted, she's your daughter, you DID what you felt is in her best interest. Irregardless of what others may think or say, it boils down to you being the responsible person for her and making decisions for her now that will mold her into the person she becomes when she's 25. aka...being a parent.

If you have a bad taste in your mouth about the deaf community, well then you experience the other side of the CI isle. Those who feel that CI's attempt to "Cure" her of her deafness, which they feel isn't something that needs to be cured. I assure you that they are the minority (atleast in my experience).

are you DRUNK??? :confused:

cuz you posted this three times! :lol:

I am sorry... i am idiot for asking you.. What is POV???? please explain

Umm I was thinking the same thing as you were, OR if she is still pressing the submit button :giggle:...

at three different times??? unless she copied and pasted while being inebiated (sp?) :giggle:

I don't think it is your fault at all. LillyDad seem like he is on the edge lately. I don't think you were bashing him at all. You were only speaking of your experience hoping that medical advisors and teachers would change their advice to parents for the sake of future deaf children. He should know that you are both for oral communication and ASL. Not ASL only or Oral only. I think he is having a bad week and keep misunderstanding our posts, thinking we are bashing him.

at three different times??? unless she copied and pasted while being inebiated (sp?) :giggle:

*off-topic*

Now you and Angel need glasses-- :D

It's okkk...I removed the duplicate posts--have seen duplicate posts a few times, but 3...that's a first...:lol: (j/k ofc ;) )

*back on topic*

Whether or not you check back to this thread, whatever it is that you'll do, I can only hope the very best for you and your lovely and sweet girl, that the bond will only get tighter, the closeness surpasses all understanding, above all, the loving support gives 'life' an enjoyable meaning and purpose. Of course, no one needs to go through such bickering, the belittling, etc., when it comes to certain issues and circumstances, however, that is what makes the world unique and diverse...the challenges before us, we can choose to turn the other way, ignore it, not let it 'get to us'...or we can go head on with these challenges...even if others are at the point of vehemously opposing yours, and others' views/opinions...it's like one of my favorite line/quote in a movie (Independence Day):

"Good morning. In less than an hour, aircraft from here will join others from around the world. And you will be launching the largest aerial battle in the history of mankind. "Mankind." That word should have new meaning for all of us today. We can't be consumed by our petty differences anymore. We will be united in our common interests. Perhaps it's fate that today is the Fourth of July, and you will once again be fighting for our freedom... Not from tyranny, oppression, or persecution... but from annihilation. We are fighting for our right to live. To exist. And should we win the day, the Fourth of July will no longer be known as an American holiday, but as the day the world declared in one voice: "We will not go quietly into the night! We will not vanish without a fight!" We're going to live on! We're going to survive! Today we celebrate our Independence Day!"

--The above quote speaks in huge volumes, pertaining to our rights to 'live--exist', however, the part where it's highlighted (bold)...I, myself, often think back to this line, gives me that personal boost to move forward--hopefully, for you Lillys Dad and any others can lean on and have that certain courage to proceed ahead in this life, for oneself, for the sake of loved ones, family and friends.

..Good luck-- ;)

~RR

(sources: Mutant Reviewers from Hell do "Independence Day" )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back