Good bye

Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW, lillyDad is a police officer, It is a very stressful job. My brother-in-law (who married my deaf sister) is a prisoner guard (guard murderers), he deals negativity day in and out at work. And just hates dealing with it at home too.

I hope Lilly's Dad will feel better and come back.

BTW, lillyDad is a police officer, It is a very stressful job. My brother-in-law is a prisoner guard (guard murderers), he deals negativity day in and out at work. And just hates dealing with it at home too. He blows up on my sister (the deaf one) all the time.

I hope Lilly's Dad will feel better and come back.

Yeah, I can truly understand that, I'm sure a lot of us here have some stressful job too, ....

are you DRUNK??? :confused:

cuz you posted this three times! :lol:

No wonder...I was posting it from my pager and it kept saying the website has timed out so I pressed it again..happened again...now I am using the computer...ooops! :)

Honestly, I do feel bad if what I said made him upset. It was not my intention. Next time, I will be more careful about what I say..I have nothing against him..just some things he said that pissed me off and then I replied without thinking. Not good to do that. OOOps.

No wonder...I was posting it from my pager and it kept saying the website has timed out so I pressed it again..happened again...now I am using the computer...ooops! :)

Honestly, I do feel bad if what I said made him upset. It was not my intention. Next time, I will be more careful about what I say..I have nothing against him..just some things he said that pissed me off and then I replied without thinking. Not good to do that. OOOps.

Awww... you are only a human being...you made mistakes... I do make mistakes at times... sometimes I blow up my temper and say something in which i regret.... hugz ...

Hey Lily'sdad! I hope you read this thread and we all are begging you to stay!! We surely miss you and love to hear your story abt your daugher with her CI. Don't leave us!!!

Oh well..I guess iam partly responsible for it cuz I made some comments that pissed him off even though it wasn't my intention. I have apologized to him.

The fact is we r all different and not perfect. We will say things that may mean something else to another AD member and hurt that person's feelings. However, I felt I explained why I posted that POV that got him upset and if he is still reeling from that POV even though I apologized and explained my reasons, then there is not much more I can do.

We r all humans and not perfect but who is perfect anyway? It is too bad that Lillysdad felt that way about deaf culture cuz the majority of us r not like that. Sure, we get frustrated and upset about some issues and express them so if others don't like it, then what's the point of being able to share our feelings, opinions, frustrations, and so forth?

As for directly bashing him..don't know about that.

No, it wasn't you.. it was someone else who posted in this thread did it to him in other thread of other section under "The Greatest Irony" and this person is hypocrite to say that this person like lilly and didn't want him to leave. tsk! Although that post in question was removed at my request because it was bashing and offtopic and not related to videos that I posted about. you will see his post there which he said why this person's post was removed. I already let him know about that after seeing his post.

I don't understand why some people here on AD keep bashing lilly regarding sign language when he is learning and using it with lilly in some situation when his daughter is not wearing it.

Now some people needs to learn that it is stupid to be hypocrite!

Hey Lily'sdad! I hope you read this thread and we all are begging you to stay!! We surely miss you and love to hear your story abt your daugher with her CI. Don't leave us!!!

He told me he's taking break from all those negativity on AD for unmentioned length of time. Maybe he will come back till everyone who bashed him cool down and cool off and start paying respect. you know, respect is two way street right? Also, learn not to be hypocrite from time to time. (for example bash him in other thread then say I like him and will miss him... hmm )

cheers

I agree. I think he's raising his daughter well, and the way he feels is best for her. So I appauld him. And I think it's great he's doing what he feels is best..

People should have more respect for him than to insult him. Personally, I appauld him for doing what he thinks is best. So I hope he comes back someday. And I hope people understand that he's doing the best he can.

:) Hope he comes back soon. I like hearing about parents who are trying to raise deaf children. Because It helps me understand how my mom felt while raising me.. yeah, I was raised by hearing parents.

No, it wasn't you.. it was someone else who posted in this thread did it to him in other thread of other section under "The Greatest Irony" and this person is hypocrite to say that this person like lilly and didn't want him to leave. tsk! Although that post in question was removed at my request because it was bashing and offtopic and not related to videos that I posted about. you will see his post there which he said why this person's post was removed. I already let him know about that after seeing his post.

I don't understand why some people here on AD keep bashing lilly regarding sign language when he is learning and using it with lilly in some situation when his daughter is not wearing it.

Now some people needs to learn that it is stupid to be hypocrite!

That's the thing, I don't think anyone was bashing him. I know I wasn't. I was just expressing my thoughts about why deaf culture can be rude and what could possibly went wrong. And I think it is because of lack of parental roles. I wasn't pointing at him either because I already know he signs to his daughter. I just think it is dangerous for doctors to tell parents not to let their child learn ASL. I didn't think he would took it as an insult. But you know, all my life on the internet, I have seen people like this. And it has nothing to do with deafness. Some has to do with Religion or childrearing, etc. Some of them get upset easily when someone else express their thoughts and quit the forum. But they usually come back with thicker skins, and learned not to take everything personal.

What a shame it is when we let the other side win

While I can understand Lilly's dad's position, I am not sure that I totally agree with it. And to those of you that just cant seem to live and let live, I say shame on you. I truly see audist attitudes from some deafies on this board. It's a shame because you have always complained about the hearing world not accomidating you and when you get hearing people involved to the level of Lilly's dad and others, you push them out. Tsk tsk tsk. I bet you also bitched and moaned when HA's came out crying about the demise of the deafer than thou culture. I have complete respect for those that choose to emerse themselves in deafness and are proud of it. There is nothing wrong with that as long as you realize that is your choice and you are entitled to it just as those that make other choices on assimilation are entitled.

Just as it's not mine or anyones place to tell others how to live the same applies to you. The choices we make for ourselves and families are personal private choices that are made out of love and what we feel is in the best interest of our children. I will be damned if ANYONE is gonna tell me what's best for my child. I and Lilly's dad and others are intelligent sane adults that are more than capabable of making thought out decisions that will impact our families. We don't need any outsiders dictating what is best for our children. Getting advice and opinions from others is more than welcome and helps in the decision making process but you must do that with respect. It's ok if you are anti CI for children or anti parents choice but you must voice that with objectivity and respect to others. If you don't, then you are really hurting your cause on a level that you can't even imagine.

To Lilly's dad if you are reading this I would only say that you will encounter these deaf audist's where ever you go in life. They are the scab on the ass of the true deaf culture just as we have scabs on the ass of the hearing world. Don't run because of them but rather stay and make a stance. You will have to do it here or anywhere you go if you choose to remain involved in the deaf world. I honestly hope that you do stay involved for Lilly's sake and for your own. Please do return and use your intellect and experience to put the assholes in their place. Hell, I will help you to that end if I am aware. PM me if someone is giving you crap and we can double or even triple team them using objective, respectful and intelligent responses to put them in their place. Its easy to win when you are in a battle of wits with an unarmed person. They should be the ones driven out, not you. Cool off a bit my brother and please return. Weither you realize it or not, your insight, opinions, experiences and comments do make a difference. I would bet that myself and you and others have opened the minds of some on this board. Ignorance is bliss but you can't address it if you are not sharing. You can't share if you are not around. Think about it...........................

Ouch, I don't know about what happened but used to argued with him in long time ago and not anymore after figured out via PM, also he's nice person but can be disagree with other people. I know about one member, Kalista and she bashed on him about her daughter with bulky bandage on head and that upset him so badly. This picture isn't bother or gross me off but that's his personal about want see if Lilly is alright after CI surgery.

Lilly's dad, Don't let HA fanboy or anti-CIers to get you, also let whipping them ass off after you report to moderator, also AD isn't designed for anti-CIers or Alex will kick them off.

What Pacman said!! I sure hope you stick around, Lilly'sdad!

That's the thing, I don't think anyone was bashing him. I know I wasn't. I was just expressing my thoughts about why deaf culture can be rude and what could possibly went wrong. And I think it is because of lack of parental roles. I wasn't pointing at him either because I already know he signs to his daughter. I just think it is dangerous for doctors to tell parents not to let their child learn ASL. I didn't think he would took it as an insult. But you know, all my life on the internet, I have seen people like this. And it has nothing to do with deafness. Some has to do with Religion or childrearing, etc. Some of them get upset easily when someone else express their thoughts and quit the forum. But they usually come back with thicker skins, and learned not to take everything personal.

Hi nightcrickets and others... Whoa! I haven't posted for a long time, about a month... I can assure you that lillysdad has plenty THICK skin and at the same time a real good daddy to his little girl. Night, you joined only this month (March 2007) while lillysdad joined almost a year ago and I joined soon after him (we didn't know each other at the beginning). I have observed negativity against him and other hearing parents of CI children. I also have observed poor (and unfair sometimes) moderating practices on here which was why I stopped posting for a while. I don't blame lillysdad for saying, "bye bye AD" -- respect is a two-way street. Just in case you don't know who I am, you can look up my past posts.

Have a good evening all...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back