Does CI affect some nerves?

Good point she seems to have no qualms posting all over AD about how she hates those F****** cis and the ignorant hearing parents of kids with those F******* cis (Wonder if the parents of her ci students know how she actually feels about them?) but when asked to refute something negative about those F********* cis, she suddenly has nothing to say. Just like how she never talks about her students who are actually doing well with their F******* cis.

But in reality, given her anti-ci bias she is the last person, no wait, the next to last (forgot about her leader) to offer a credible opinion as to those F********* cis.

I will tell you that based on my experiences which far exceeds hers, while I do not personally know anyone who sustained permanent facial nerve damage I am aware of a few who had temporary nerve damage and a few who experienced twitching during mappings but had it corrected through the mapping procedure.

Rick

It is your audist views that I f***************** hate not the CIs. themselves. You and your fabulous 4 keep forgetting that. Oh, did I forget to mention boobs too?

Excuse me, but Shel had no problem referring to these children when she was saying this:

Still, for me even referring to just 10 from her own experience,
is good enough.

Fuzzy

I am not going to feed yours and others agenda. I posted what I said but I know what you and the other fabulous 4 are up to. Not gonna fall for it.

Well Shel, you participated in this discussion with no problem earlier, didn't you?
And you do have more experience with CI children, don't you, comparing to some of us.

I for one, would be interested in your opinion - so, how many CI children
have you seen with "damaged nerves", please?

Fuzzy

You and the others are trying to twist what I posted into something that will fit your and the others' agenda. Not gonna fall for it this time.

It is your audist views that I f***************** hate not the CIs. themselves. You and your fabulous 4 keep forgetting that. Oh, did I forget to mention boobs too?

Speaking of the boobs, I've heard rumors that one of the fab 4 is an exhibitionist. :whistle:

You and the others are trying to twist what I posted into something that will fit your and the others' agenda. Not gonna fall for it this time.

Nobody is trying to twist what you posted.
YOU wrote what you wrote, and I only QUOTED it.

YOU stated you have seen a number of children with CI, and YOU stated that so far YOU have NOT seen or witnessed any nerve damage
to the best of my understanding.

You were asked in regards in this statement the most straightforward follow up question that would NOT discriminate anybody,
but would only SHED LIGHT on this whole fucked up matter for everybody.

Why would you withhold such a material piece of information that would serve everybody - most of all those who are confused what REALLY CI
can or can NOT do,

in other words, that would help DISPEL some myths that are plenty in this unfortunate community -

is beyond me.

Fuzzy

Nerve damaged people don't tend to exposure themselves in the public anyway. Know one that has withdrawn. Her face is not balanced anymore.

I've seen two so far. It really makes it challenging to engage in social interaction so these folks don't go out as often as they don't like getting stared at all the time. If it happens to me, I don't know how I will handle it.

I didn't realize you were considering a CI or worried about the surgical risks.

I've seen two so far. It really makes it challenging to engage in social interaction so these folks don't go out as often as they don't like getting stared at all the time. If it happens to me, I don't know how I will handle it.
I've seen no children having facial paralysis...The only person I have seen with CI having spasms was a child with CP, who was able to communicate with his parents after he received CI..
Not a child who I would place in your "Fucked up wearing CI" category..

one side of his face paralyzed and his eye. So he cares about the others. =/
Joking about a surgery that takes away te sense of a child is not my way of caring, or humor..
Taking away a sense would be an example of "fucked up without CI"

I've seen no children having facial paralysis...The only person I have seen with CI having spasms was a child with CP, who was able to communicate with his parents after he received CI..
Not a child who I would place in your "Fucked up wearing CI" category..

Here is one picture of a kid with facial paralysis due to CI, and the site link.
Ginger and Elana (in case you can't tell here, Elana IS smiling, she has some facial paralysis so she doesn't smile with her whole mouth. Also if you're wondering what the black straps she has on are, it's for her cochlear implant so she can hear...)

e7dwkn.jpg

golden retriever forums How are golden retrievers with little children - Page 2 - Top Golden Retriever Sites Discussion Forums

As a person with facial paralysis that was a side effect from damage to my auditory nerve, I can say that it isn't fun or a joking matter.

Here is one picture of a kid with facial paralysis due to CI, and the site link.
As a person with facial paralysis that was a side effect from damage to my auditory nerve, I can say that it isn't fun or a joking matter.
Definitely not.. That's why I wasn't joking.
How do you figure it's due to CI operation?

Operations have a risk. So does driving a car.
So does being deaf..

I havent seen any kids at my work with that problem but then again, there are many that I dont work closely with on a day to day basis so who knows? All I just said that I havent seen any so far. Doesnt mean that they never had any problems with their CIs.

That is the problem with trying to suck me into saying something like what I said and make it sound like another poster is lying. I have had several friends who have told me of knowing people with CIs who have nerve damage even paralysis but because I havent seen that myself, doesnt mean that they are liars.

That is how I see getting my name brought into it ...by using what I said to say that other ADers are liars.

Not going to get sucked into it. I am tired of this.

Now what Shel :aw:
if you come from a sure place, you don't have a problem with answering simply and honestly,
and without precipitating a plethora of possible outcome from who knows where, nor predicting unsure outcomes.

You were simply asked what did YOU and only YOU saw, period.

All you had to say was at most 5 possible variables:

a/ none of CI children had nerve damage
b/ less than half had nerve damage
c/ 50-50 had nerve damage
d/ more than half had nerve damage
e/ all of the CI children had nerve damage

Who cares what your friends told you?
You personally can't neither confirm nor debunk it, so it's irrelevant.

We asked YOU for an opinion, and an honest response is either yes or no.
And you know what?
If you truly believe in what you believe, you are NOT afraid of your answers,
for you know nothing will shake the truth of what you stand for.

Is that simple.

Fuzzy

She's already stated numerous times. In fact, you already quoted one of her answers.

Finally you can read Shel's answers.

Yes, case closed for the few kids Shel sees.

For 70,000 others?

Back