Divorce Ring?!

Well, when I got divorced, I got nice gold blue ring with smaller diamonds. Why? To celebrate the end of my sad married life into next better chapter in my life. I was proud of myself for finally have the guts to leave. I was married for 19 years and it was hard. I was single for a few years. Now I'm happily married to my 2nd husband and I still have divorce ring to remind myself to appreciate the current husband that I have now.

That's sweet! Maybe I should get one too. :)

Never heard of a divorce ring. Either it is a culture thing or a new trend. :dunno:

That soo weird. It might be how she was raised and her culture.

Also, she might of had a real bad, abusive relationship, and that can be like a power source, strength, that she uses to remind herself not to fall for the same things again. Most women that get in an abusive relationship tend to get back into one. That might be her way to help her stay out of one.

That soo weird. It might be how she was raised and her culture.

Also, she might of had a real bad, abusive relationship, and that can be like a power source, strength, that she uses to remind herself not to fall for the same things again. Most women that get in an abusive relationship tend to get back into one. That might be her way to help her stay out of one.

Yupp maybe you are right..

The day I got my divorce was one of the HAPPIEST day of my life!!!!!!!!!!! I celebrated like crazy, and my friends even decorated my car like they did when I was married except this time the sign said, "Just Divorced!"

I'd wear that ring ANYTIME! In fact, I'm gonna buy one today if I can find it.

:deal:

It's probably made up by her... simply a wedding ring that's been obviously damaged.

it's not necessary to have such a ring. That's ridiculous! lol

I am not sure if you notice I was not around here for 3 days, I was at the fair in Puyallup near Seattle fairground, selling the Native American Jewelries, it was a temporary job, anyway.

One woman that I was helping to look around the jewelry. She seems was staying there alittle long, and then she showed me her ring, it does not look like a Wedding Ring, it is quite look like a white stone with shiny broke cracky inside the stone on the ring and she told me:

"That's my divorce ring." She seems like very proud of it and smiling when she say that.

But my thought, what the heck? Divorce Ring? Does anyone really have it? If I was offered by the divorce rings, I wouldn't get it because it will remind me of my ex. Curious your thoughts?

Was the woman Native American?

Anyhow, I have never heard of a divorce ring. Maybe it is her way of saying she is single and free again.

Now I have seen people send dead black roses to their ex's

Honestly, this make me :lol:... It's weird to burying a ring while the ring is just a thing..

Yeah, I found it to be asinine and I just couldn't really understand why there's a coffin for a wedding ring, ha.

Granted, I'd understand why divorced women/or men would want to use that idea as a closure to move on and leave it alone but to get a coffin for it? To me, that is beyond the mind.

Was the woman Native American?

Anyhow, I have never heard of a divorce ring. Maybe it is her way of saying she is single and free again.

Now I have seen people send dead black roses to their ex's

No, she was not Native American, she was just orginally blonde woman.

Yeah, I found it to be asinine and I just couldn't really understand why there's a coffin for a wedding ring, ha.

Granted, I'd understand why divorced women/or men would want to use that idea as a closure to move on and leave it alone but to get a coffin for it? To me, that is beyond the mind.

*Nods* agreed.

I wonder...

You know,

I am wondering if the "crackly" thing is similar to Mother of Pearl. They have sparkly/crackly look to it. It would have been a little impossible to break a diamond like that.
As for the Divorce ring..that's a little bizarre, however - Suppose she goes out to a bar to meet men and stuff, WITHOUT the ring. Most likely the men will not talk to her because they see a tan line where the wedding ring is. Similar concept when you see a white band on a guy's hand.

So if the gal gets the divorce ring that is not complete circle, that shows to other guys that she is divorced.

OR maybe she's just nuts.

You know,

I am wondering if the "crackly" thing is similar to Mother of Pearl. They have sparkly/crackly look to it. It would have been a little impossible to break a diamond like that.

Yupp I know the Pink Mother of Pearl, I work selling the jewelry with that rock. I didn't mean by "diamond", I mean it look sorta of a diamond but creamy.

As for the Divorce ring..that's a little bizarre, however - Suppose she goes out to a bar to meet men and stuff, WITHOUT the ring. Most likely the men will not talk to her because they see a tan line where the wedding ring is. Similar concept when you see a white band on a guy's hand.

So if the gal gets the divorce ring that is not complete circle, that shows to other guys that she is divorced.

Well or other guys would probably thought she was married while she was wearing the divorce ring.

OR maybe she's just nuts.

:lol: Maybe she is..

Im not so suprised. I was reading in a magazine a few years ago about a 'divorce party'. The 'ex' couple invited some friends around and had a party... to celebrate their relationship period. It's nice for people to break up without bitter feelings towards each other.

When I broke up with my fiance, we did consider a 'splitting-up party' but decided against it because the idea was too radical, out of the norm, and people would have thought we were nuts. So we didn't have the party... dang!

Back