Divorce Ring?!

Hwy99

Reaction score
I am not sure if you notice I was not around here for 3 days, I was at the fair in Puyallup near Seattle fairground, selling the Native American Jewelries, it was a temporary job, anyway.

One woman that I was helping to look around the jewelry. She seems was staying there alittle long, and then she showed me her ring, it does not look like a Wedding Ring, it is quite look like a white stone with shiny broke cracky inside the stone on the ring and she told me:

"That's my divorce ring." She seems like very proud of it and smiling when she say that.

But my thought, what the heck? Divorce Ring? Does anyone really have it? If I was offered by the divorce rings, I wouldn't get it because it will remind me of my ex.

Curious your thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
That's what I thought so...

WHAT :eek3: I never heard in my life that they bought divorce ring to be proud themselves... What a :crazy:

:crazy: I never heard of it! My mom is divorced and she moved her ring from left to right. I thought she would sell it but she didn't.

i wouldnt want to buy one to show off that im divorced? nah.. not need to.. i will leave my ring finger empty.. i guess everyone are different?? maybe due to their culture? who knows??

Ohh oops, yupp that's correct spelling, thank you!

MODS REQUEST: Please edit the "Dircove" to "Divorce" on the title of this thread. Thank you.

Your request has been answered. ;)

As for having a Divorce Ring, I find it odd because I've never really seen one around here. Maybe it's just me but I think it'd be a little bit weird to keep the ring on your finger and to say it's a divorce ring. I don't know.

Perhaps, The woman who was showing you her "divorce" ring has not really got over her divorce and wanted to have some closure to a chapter. Who knows?

I am not sure if you notice I was not around here for 3 days, I was at the fair in Puyallup near Seattle fairground, selling the Native American Jewelries, it was a temporary job, anyway.

One woman that I was helping to look around the jewelry. She seems was staying there alittle long, and then she showed me her ring, it does not look like a Wedding Ring, it is quite look like a white stone with shiny broke cracky inside the stone on the ring and she told me:

"That's my divorce ring." She seems like very proud of it and smiling when she say that.

But my thought, what the heck? Divorce Ring? Does anyone really have it? If I was offered by the divorce rings, I wouldn't get it because it will remind me of my ex.

Curious your thoughts?

perhaps,she had a bad marriage so she is happy to get divorced and wants to show her happiness :dunno:

Did the woman's ring had a fracture cut in the ring? If so, most England women continue wear their wedding rings after they're divorce. I supposed that's their culture.

I never heard of a divorce ring. Like Cheri said, if this woman was from England it could be part of their culture.:dunno:

Well, when I got divorced, I got nice gold blue ring with smaller diamonds. Why? To celebrate the end of my sad married life into next better chapter in my life. I was proud of myself for finally have the guts to leave. I was married for 19 years and it was hard. I was single for a few years. Now I'm happily married to my 2nd husband and I still have divorce ring to remind myself to appreciate the current husband that I have now.

Your request has been answered. ;)

As for having a Divorce Ring, I find it odd because I've never really seen one around here. Maybe it's just me but I think it'd be a little bit weird to keep the ring on your finger and to say it's a divorce ring. I don't know.

Perhaps, The woman who was showing you her "divorce" ring has not really got over her divorce and wanted to have some closure to a chapter. Who knows?

Thanks again :)

Maybe she is just trying to get over the divorce...

perhaps,she had a bad marriage so she is happy to get divorced and wants to show her happiness :dunno:

Probably more likely, I agree with you..

Did the woman's ring had a fracture cut in the ring? If so, most England women continue wear their wedding rings after they're divorce. I supposed that's their culture.

No, it look like a stone, not a diamond or any kind of "crystal", just a stone with shiny cracks inside, it even don't look like real ring.

Well, when I got divorced, I got nice gold blue ring with smaller diamonds. Why? To celebrate the end of my sad married life into next better chapter in my life. I was proud of myself for finally have the guts to leave. I was married for 19 years and it was hard. I was single for a few years. Now I'm happily married to my 2nd husband and I still have divorce ring to remind myself to appreciate the current husband that I have now.

Well you got something to be proud of yourself :) It's just a new thing to me ;)

I got mine on June 5 this year and it cost me $17,000 to get it. It's a very clean one, no alimony attached to it.

Richard

Divorce ring? why would someone want a divorce ring?.....:eek3:

Back