Declaration of Occupy Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pepper spray poses no health risks? You might want to double check your information on that one. Numerous deaths have been linked to it's use.:cool2:

Steiny begged you to come here because he was doing a horrid job of discussing the topic on his own. You are here as his back-up, pure and simple. Otherwise you would never have joined this forum. Don't patronize with your words of love and respect. :cool2: You know nothing of the deaf community.

Jillio,

You no nothing of me! My wife was a speech language pathologist with her masters degree. She learned ASL in college and has always had many deaf friends. One of which was invited to our wedding and an interpreter was supplied. Many years later she became involved in starting a deaf ministry in our church with several other ladies. I am friends with at least a half a dozen deaf folks that attend and have met and know a few more. So don't tell me what you think you know! Steiny is my friend and did not beg but only asked if I was interested in participating as a LEO. We have been doing this on another forum for years now. Don't insult my intentions! One thing is correct. I probably would not have joined without his invitation but unless you are a fortune teller or mind reader don't try and get inside my head! By the way you are the one who needs to do their own research. Pepper spray in and of itself has killed no one. It may have assisted in killing only a few due to other health complications or drug usage. Unless these conditions are present or the person soaks oneself in gasoline then it is harmless in 99% of the cases of it's use. I have been certified in it's use several times and have been using and dealing with it for 18 years!

Last edited:
Alex, I don't think that I feel she is inferior but I guess it just bothers me somewhat that someone from a foreign country got to such a place of authority. If she is truly qualified for the job and a U.S. citizen then it really shouldn't matter. These are just some of the prejudices that we are taught and grow up with. Most need to be put away as the way I see it we should only be prejudiced against bad actions or behaviors such as criminal ones. Not racial or religious.

:shock: Dude, if you really are a fully trained law enforcement officer, and not just the security guard that many more than I believe you to be (if even that), you have no business with a badge of any sort with an attitude like that.

She came from a country other than the U.S. and made more of her life than you have of your own? Is that what bothers you?:roll:

Jillio,

You no nothing of me! My wife was a speech language pathologist with her masters degree. She learned ASL in college and has always had many deaf friends. One of which was invited to our wedding and an interpreter was supplied. Many years later she became involved in starting a deaf ministry in our church with several other ladies. I am friends with at least a half a dozen deaf folks that attend and have met and know a few more. So don't tell me what you think you know! Steiny is my friend and did not beg but only asked if I was interested in participating as a LEO. We have been doing this on another forum for years now. Don't insult my intentions! One thing is correct. I probably would not have joined without his invitation but unless you are a fortune teller or mind reader don't try and get inside my head!

welcome. I see that you've had some rough welcome. that's ok.

so how do you know Steinhauer? You are several states away from him.

No, that 82 year old woman shouldn't have placed herself in such a situation as this. The other protesters didn't help her safety much either. She chose to put herself at risk. I feel bad for her but let me tell you something, old folks can pack a heck of a punch sometimes! Never underestimate the elderly!

Like I said, it's becoming clearer and clearer that you are not a trained law enforcement officer. But, I think, even so, it might be a good idea to track your IP and report you to the local enforcement agencies for your words expressed here. I'm sure they would be interested to know that one of their own is showing such insensitivity and is guilty of trolling a deaf forum.:cool2:

Jillio,

You no nothing of me! My wife was a speech language pathologist with her masters degree. She learned ASL in college and has always had many deaf friends. One of which was invited to our wedding and an interpreter was supplied. Many years later she became involved in starting a deaf ministry in our church with several other ladies. I am friends with at least a half a dozen deaf folks that attend and have met and know a few more. So don't tell me what you think you know! Steiny is my friend and did not beg but only asked if I was interested in participating as a LEO. We have been doing this on another forum for years now. Don't insult my intentions! One thing is correct. I probably would not have joined without his invitation but unless you are a fortune teller or mind reader don't try and get inside my head! By the way you are the one who needs to do their own research. Pepper spray in and of itself has killed no one. It may have assisted in killing only a few due to other health complications or drug usage. Unless these conditions are present or the person soaks oneself in gasoline then it is harmless in 99% of the cases of it's use. I have been certified in it's use several times and have been using and dealing with it for 18 years!

That's your wife, not you. Don't rest on your wife's laurels. Go out and earn some of your own.:roll:

And again, you are incorrect. You stated that pepper spray carried no long term health consequences. You are dead wrong on that one. Check the available information.

Jillio,

You don't realize it yet, but you just invited her to get into your head and make it spin. :lol:

I'll agree with you on the part that our prejudices should only be towards bad actions and behavior, but that doesn't help me understand where you sit in this issue. Why do you feel threatened that a non-native born American is in such a place of authority? That woman has been in the United States for longer than the vast majority of the students under her charge have been alive, much longer.

Here is her bio page: Chancellor Linda P.B. Katehi

Do you know how difficult it is to become a member of the American Academy of Arts & Sciences? They don't pass these things out like candy to any foreigner who comes through the door.

She has a very distinguished professional career thus far: top teaching and administrative positions at Michigan, Purdue, Illinois, and now Davis. These are all top institutions. If she sucked, believe me, she wouldn't be moving up.

Alex,

Sounds like she is indeed a very talented and intelligent lady. I don't begrudge her but I am just telling you what makes me tick. Are these feelings wrong? In most case yes they most certainly are. I need to change my ways but unfortunately my inner man comes out sometimes when I want it to be quiet. I sincerely apologize if I have offended anyone here regarding this issue.

ah that buffoon who compared Obama with Hitler and supported by Sarah Palin for that? also that buffoon whose research on price gouging was debunked by Nobel Price economist Amartya Sen? and that very buffoon whose book was criticized for its fallacious argument by William Julius Wilson, a sociologist who holds 41 honorary degrees and a bunch of highest honors and awards?
This is nothing more than appeal to authority. Anyone commenting on economics or social matters is going to have disagreement from prominent thinkers on the other side. The existence of critics does not discredit anyone. I'm much more interested in the merits of an argument than the prizes the critics have won. To quote Dr. Sowell, for every expert there is an equal and opposite expert, but for every fact there is not necessarily an equal and opposite fact.

I read the column in question. It's a bit more nuanced than is commonly made out. It doesn't compare Obama to Hitler, but rather makes the point that dictatorships, including fascist Germany and the Soviet Union, thrive on the ignorance of the masses, so we need an informed citizenry to be strong. He then argues that we can't just order companies to pay up without due process, even if such an action is popular. His point isn't that Obama is Hitler but rather that such actions create precedents that could lead to strongman leaders. Considering how overused Hitler is in discussion, it would be best for him to find an example that doesn't involve Hitler, but there is merit to his point.

That comment alone ought to be enough for further investigation and surveillance under Patriot Act for the suspicion of inciting subversion of state power or advocating or approving the commission of acts of violence to overthrow the government of the United States.
He did nothing of the kind. What a tyrannical comment. I'm absolutely serious.

Pepper spray poses no health risks? You might want to double check your information on that one. Numerous deaths have been linked to it's use.:cool2:

Steiny begged you to come here because he was doing a horrid job of discussing the topic on his own. You are here as his back-up, pure and simple. Otherwise you would never have joined this forum. Don't patronize with your words of love and respect. :cool2: You know nothing of the deaf community.

So you have changed your mind since Oct 27th?

Last I checked, pepper spray hasn't killed anyone. It simply disables them so they can be subdued with the least amount of harm to all. Since we were discussing the difference in humane reactions, that is, as we were saying, much more humane than killing them.

http://www.alldeaf.com/1948736-post514.html

Like I said, it's becoming clearer and clearer that you are not a trained law enforcement officer. But, I think, even so, it might be a good idea to track your IP and report you to the local enforcement agencies for your words expressed here. I'm sure they would be interested to know that one of their own is showing such insensitity and is guilty of trolling a deaf forum.:cool2:

Jillio,

I am who I say I am and I'm proud of it. Am I always proud of the way I feel sometimes when I act human? Definitely not. Do us all a favor and look in the mirror and tell me what you see. Sounds like the pot again calling the kettle black! Does it make you feel better to put others down and call them names? Do what makes you feel good about yourself even at others expense!

welcome. I see that you've had some rough welcome. that's ok.

so how do you know Steinhauer? You are several states away from him.

We are both believers and followers of Jesus Christ and ride motorcycles! We know each other from a motorcycle forum but met a couple of yeas ago in GA for dinner.

Alex,

Sounds like she is indeed a very talented and intelligent lady. I don't begrudge her but I am just telling you what makes me tick. Are these feelings wrong? In most case yes they most certainly are. I need to change my ways but unfortunately my inner man comes out sometimes when I want it to be quiet. I sincerely apologize if I have offended anyone here regarding this issue.

She's more than just talented and intelligent. She is every bit the equal of you or me, or any other in terms of her right to be an American. In fact, she has contributed more to America than all the people on this board: Ten books, uncountable research papers (all written in English, BTW), nineteen U.S. patents, five more forthcoming, hundreds of students educated, etc. etc.

And yet there are still people in this country who will hear her voice and will doubt that she has earned every ounce of her own success and authority.

At least you're honest, but that still doesn't make it right. Yes, you are wrong for feeling like that, and you should work diligently to correct it. I'll leave out commenting on how this relates to your profession, but what scares me is that there are many, many LEOs out there who have much more obtuse views than yourself without the conscience to question whether they are wrong.

Jillio,

I am who I say I am and I'm proud of it. Am I always proud of the way I feel sometimes when I act human? Definitely not. Do us all a favor and look in the mirror and tell me what you see. Sounds like the pot again calling the kettle black! Does it make you feel better to put others down and call them names? Do what makes you feel good about yourself even at others expense!

Hypocrit.

Do ya'll remember when a armed man came to a school board meeting and a woman hit him only armed with her purse? She came in from outside of the meeting and wacked him with her purse to distract him. Brava! The press praised the dude in charge for keeping his cool. This woman kicked ass. The gunman yelled a gender slur at her, of course.

I confess that I chased a guy that robbed my house and called him a f*cker. I was so pissed off. The cops gave me a lecture. :roll:

She's more than just talented and intelligent. She is every bit the equal of you or me, or any other in terms of her right to be an American. In fact, she has contributed more to America than all the people on this board: Ten books, uncountable research papers (all written in English, BTW), ten U.S. patents, ten more forthcoming, hundreds of students educated, etc. etc.

And yet there are still people in this country who will hear her voice and will doubt that she has earned every ounce of her own success and authority.

At least you're honest, but that still doesn't make it right. Yes, you are wrong for feeling like that, and you should work diligently to correct it. I'll leave out commenting on how this relates to your profession, but what scares me is that there are many, many LEOs out there who have much more obtuse views than yourself without the conscience to question whether they are wrong.

Honest bigotry is no less bigotry.

Do ya'll remember when a armed man came to a school board meeting and a woman hit him only armed with her purse? She came in from outside of the meeting and wacked him with her purse to distract him. Brava! The press praised the dude in charge for keeping his cool. This woman kicked ass. The gunman yelled a gender slur at her, of course.

I confess that I chased a guy that robbed my house and called him a f*cker. I was so pissed off. The cops gave me a lecture. :roll:

What? They didn't pepper spray you, you out of contro,l hormonal, dangerous woman, you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back