Closed Captioned Glasses and Regal Cinemas

Well, the glasses worked about as well as they usually can manage tonight. Granted that still means that some 5-10% of the dialog isn't captioned at all, but still an improvement over nada.

Posted from Alldeaf.com App for Android

With everyone going to the bathroom with these glasses on, it's a great way to transfer shit, another minus for the system!

I'm sure they say they do, but I doubt they actually clean it in a way that gets it truly clean. They probably spray it and wipe it with a cloth.

I'm sure they say they do, but I doubt they actually clean it in a way that gets it truly clean. They probably spray it and wipe it with a cloth.

so bring your own disinfectant stuff :lol:

Sadly, the only way to really disinfect it is to soak all the parts with solution, and then I'd probably electrocute myself if the unit didn't break before that.

Captiview is my favorite. one version has red text and a similar one has white text. I prefer the white text being red green colorblind. red is a bit hard to see. I have seen a few movies with the glasses including a 3D one and the insert for 3d goes onto the glasses. All the AMC theaters I have gone to use a version of the Captiview...
http://www.doremilabs.com/products/cinema-products/captiview/
images

Captionfish lets you search all movies nationwide by movie or by type of caption device they use with show times...
http://www.captionfish.com/
click on filter and u can select the type of captioning u r wanting

Is that your business to know? :roll:

does it matter? and if you're being like a stuck-up whiny crybaby.... then why are you getting all nosy since I've never asked you a question in the first place? learn how to mind your own business :roll:

Those glasses are annoying. They work, but they're annoying. Last movie I saw the thing completely fell apart twice so in the dark I had to search for the box under my seat. And they're not very comfortable on my nose - they dig in.

The movie theatre 30 minutes from me has had those glasses for about 2 years and I've worn them twice. The one 5 minutes from my house JUST got them in about a month ago. I'd still rather wait for the movie to be out and watch it at home with CC than pay $12+ for a ticket... I had all my friends who went to the new movie theatre local ask for the CC glasses to pester them. Each time they went.... I don't know if it was because of the pestering but it worked and they're in!

If you're in NY they play movies with CC at a Drive-in up near Rochester! I took a road trip for a triple feature. Something like $7 for 3 movies.

If you're in NY they play movies with CC at a Drive-in up near Rochester! I took a road trip for a triple feature. Something like $7 for 3 movies.

You use vehicle s sun visor shade w/ CC instead of Sony glasses. :lol:

Back