Breast-Feeding Baby Doll

I would rather give a girl a computer or toys that tell her she is worth more than her reproductive ability.

Nah..will not buy this for my child. They can use their imagination to play with dolls. Dont need one that targets breastfeeding only and take away their imagination.

I'm not really sure. I'm more concerned about potential sex offenders watching these little girls with their dolls....

And isn't it true that men do get turned on by seeing a woman's breast? Even when they are breast-feeding...it's natural....and I've read also, that a woman's hormones are enhanced if they breast feed...

I think people are saying "OMG this will sexualize little girls!" just because the idea of having a little girl's nipple being sucked on (even if its just pretend) seems very sexual. Sort of like how some people perceive a little girl sitting on a guy's lap as being sexual.

In my opinion, it's fine to me. Not my thing though. I would worry a little too much that my daughter will take it a little too literally and actually lift up her shirt to use it!!! Nah Im kidding, I just prefer other toys for my future kids.

Nah..will not buy this for my child. They can use their imagination to play with dolls. Dont need one that targets breastfeeding only and take away their imagination.

Children watch puppies nurse and other animals. Some children see their parents nurse.

Nursing is a natural thing.

I find Barbie Dolls more offensive than the breast feeding baby doll.

Barbies are so un-natural and unrealistic.

Children watch puppies nurse and other animals. Some children see their parents nurse.

Nursing is a natural thing.

I find Barbie Dolls more offensive than the breast feeding baby doll.

Barbies are so un-natural and unrealistic.

It costs $90 from what I understand. Dont need to spend money on a doll that targets breastfeeding. I like buying simple dolls and let the child's imagination run free.

It costs $90 from what I understand. Dont need to spend money on a doll that targets breastfeeding. I like buying simple dolls and let the child's imagination run free.

Gotcha!

I have seen girls play with dolls, and pretend to breast feed before.

What if boys want to play with it?

Let him. Nothing wrong with boys playing with baby dolls. They already do.

Someone posted on my FB that she would never let her sons play with dolls but is ok with this. Interesting.

Why would any parents want to buy this for their little girl ?? I do not know of one girl that ever pretended to nurse their doll! Why are parents in such a hurry to have their kids grown up? Some of the clothes for little girl today look like they made for hookers! In fact I know more women are not having babies today. There is more to being a women than having babies!

Someone posted on my FB that she would never let her sons play with dolls but is ok with this. Interesting.

My boys played with dolls in the past. My daughter played with them when she was much younger. She was more into the boys toys. She is into sports and playing with trucks than dolls growing up. I never stopped them.

I have seen boys and girls at the pre school pretend to nurse.
The boys loved to play pretend in the housekeeping center right along with the girls.

I do not see the harm in this. It is a natural thing for girls wanting to relate to taking care of babies. Many people are in an uproar on this. Saying it sexualizes young girls.

Breast-feeding Baby Doll Arrives in U.S. Markets : Discovery News

Discuss away!

There is nothing sexual about breast feeding. People need to get a grip. If it promotes the healthiest way to feed an infant, and results in more people breast feeding, I think it is a great thing!

That is interesting. My younger nephew carried a baby doll around with him until he was about 3. And if you teased him about it, he put the baby down, whipped some butt, and then picked his baby back up.:lol: He is now the alpha male in the family, but the most nurturing parent you could ever see. And, he and his wife have 7 kids!

Why would any parents want to buy this for their little girl ?? I do not know of one girl that ever pretended to nurse their doll! Why are parents in such a hurry to have their kids grown up? Some of the clothes for little girl today look like they made for hookers! In fact I know more women are not having babies today. There is more to being a women than having babies!

I know of many. Those who had younger sibs that were breastfeeding and imitating their mothers. This doesn't have anything to do with becoming too grown up. It has to do with learning how to parent by being parented.

My boys had water babies. They loved those dolls in the bathtub. Giving them a doll and a washcloth kept them still long enough that I could wash them. :D

My boys had water babies. They loved those dolls in the bathtub. Giving them a doll and a washcloth kept them still long enough that I could wash them. :D

I forgot all about water babies. They were so cool.

Back