Breast-Feeding Baby Doll

I replied to the other thread on this:

I think this is great! Breastfeeding rates are DISMAL in the US exactly because people think that breastfeeding is somehow sexual, or "personal" or even disgusting and lower class.

This is how all human beings are supposed to be fed. Exposing children to it is NOT wrong.

Children watch puppies nurse and other animals. Some children see their parents nurse.

Nursing is a natural thing.

I find Barbie Dolls more offensive than the breast feeding baby doll.

Barbies are so un-natural and unrealistic.

Agreed. Barbie dolls set up standards for girls that no one can meet. Can you say "eating disorder"?

It is very serious on on harm on because breed reason prevent to illness something birth! that is warned many people don't like on breed on on baby, silly no sense I believe it breed affect to harm sex offender and reason abused family serious! avoid!

Why would any parents want to buy this for their little girl ?? I do not know of one girl that ever pretended to nurse their doll! Why are parents in such a hurry to have their kids grown up? Some of the clothes for little girl today look like they made for hookers! In fact I know more women are not having babies today. There is more to being a women than having babies!

You haven't seen little girls nursing their dolls, but you've probably seen a LOT of dolls with little bottles being used by little girls.

And therein lies the cultural issue. Artificially feeding a baby or babydoll with fake breastmilk and fake nipples is considered absolutely normal, whereas a doll which stimulates how human beings are NATURALLY supposed to eat is considered abnormal.

Many girls who play with dolls do not grow to become women with children. But teaching them to nurse, if they become mothers or not, makes them voices for nursing in the future.

Around 25% of babies in the US were never nursed a single time in their life last year, and around 40% leave the hospital with their mothers having given up on exclusively nursing, or nursing at all. By 3 months, 67% of mothers have stopped exclusively nursing, and by six months, 87% have.

In contrast, the world health organization recommends that all babies are exclusively breastfed until 6 months, and that nursing continues with complimentary foods for -at least- two years.

The world health organization estimates that about a million babies die yearly worldwide from nursing-preventable causes. The american academy of pediatrics estimates that 720 babies per year would be saved in the US alone by nursing.

I think changing this disgusting trend towards artificial feeding is well worth a 89$ doll and the "threat" of exposing girls to what their breasts are naturally designed to do.

My 2 years old great-nephew plays with Barbie doll, too.
My niece's spouse took a picture of him with Barbie doll and say "Bribery material for a teenage boy!" :lol:

This reminds me of something my oldest did when she was four...she had seen me nurse her baby sister..and she was always asking me questions about the process...one day I picked her up from the daycare and the director came out to me, laughing. She said that my daughter had took off her shirt and proceeded to nurse a baby doll. The teachers did not discourage her but they did explain that she would have to be discreet...and she looked surprise and said Oh yeah! My mommy use a blanket to cover the baby! But you don't have any blankets...and the baby has to eat! (using my exact words when I had explained to my mother why I was breastfeeding my baby when she thought it was the "wrong" time and place. LOL

If I had a little girl I would not buy it for her, but for those who do, more power to you.

That would be sickening when a full grown man uses it to do uhhh... you know.

Imagination is a powerful tool for their future brain development. You don't need a machine to do things for you.

Don't need to. Women are already nature to understand when they're have baby.

im surprised people give this much thought to toys..just throw them outside with some toys, a water hose, and whatever else they can wrangle up and just let them be.
that aside, i would never pay 90 bucks for a doll..ever.

While I get some cultures are different from others... If I had a child I still would not buy them this doll.

$90 could do wayyy more than that! a trip to the beach, a museum, aquarium, learning games, day at a park.

Sure kids see animals nurse and stuff, its ok for them to learn about that but why set them up for something they themselves aren't ready for?
If there was a doll that taught about sex would you buy it for them? Its after all still a part of human nature.

Thats just something bad waiting to happen, just saying.

i never breastfed, but my daughter saw our cat nursing her kittens..and next thing i know, shes laying on her side with her stuffed animals parked up against her stomach..it was funny!

While I get some cultures are different from others... If I had a child I still would not buy them this doll.

$90 could do wayyy more than that! a trip to the beach, a museum, aquarium, learning games, day at a park.

Sure kids see animals nurse and stuff, its ok for them to learn about that but why set them up for something they themselves aren't ready for?
If there was a doll that taught about sex would you buy it for them? Its after all still a part of human nature.

Thats just something bad waiting to happen, just saying.

Because breastfeeding isn't about sex at all, and kids SHOULD see nursing! The world health organization recommends that children are nursed exclusively until 6 months, and nursed with complimentary foods for at least two years.

By contrast, -one in four- american children is never breastfed even once in their life, and only 13% make the six-month WHO marker.

Children need to learn that nursing is good and normal good and early. We need to STOP making baby dolls with bottles and giving them to children, and start encouraging any "play feeding" with the dolls, be it a regular doll or a nursing doll, to happen at the breast and not with a plastic container.

i never breastfed, but my daughter saw our cat nursing her kittens..and next thing i know, shes laying on her side with her stuffed animals parked up against her stomach..it was funny!

Yes. This is actually how kids learn to parent...through observation and imitation. It is also how they develop their gender roles.

Because breastfeeding isn't about sex at all, and kids SHOULD see nursing! The world health organization recommends that children are nursed exclusively until 6 months, and nursed with complimentary foods for at least two years.

By contrast, -one in four- american children is never breastfed even once in their life, and only 13% make the six-month WHO marker.

Children need to learn that nursing is good and normal good and early. We need to STOP making baby dolls with bottles and giving them to children, and start encouraging any "play feeding" with the dolls, be it a regular doll or a nursing doll, to happen at the breast and not with a plastic container.

Exactly. Even a child a year old can grasp an explanation of "this is how the baby eats." Only when the parent has hang-ups does the subject become sticky.

Kids who witness breast feeding during their childhood are much more likely to become breasfeeders as parents. This would be a wonderful thing, as it is the healthiest and most beneficial way to feed a baby...for both mother and child. More breast feeding = heathier children.

Back