Breast-Feeding Baby Doll

More breast feeding = heathier children.

More breast feeding = more living children, an even more important statistic. In the studies and resources I cited previously, over 1 million more living children in the world per year, and 720+ more living children in the US alone per year.

That's not counting people who survive artificial feeding induced diseases. Just the avoidable -deaths-.

More breast feeding = more living children, an even more important statistic. In the studies and resources I cited previously, over 1 million more living children in the world per year, and 720+ more living children in the US alone per year.

That's not counting people who survive artificial feeding induced diseases. Just the avoidable -deaths-.

You are absolutely correct. The immunities passed from the mother and the increased function of the immune system in a breastfeeding infant are two of the most valuable benefits.

oh don't get me wrong, I believe breastfeeding is better for the baby, but I wouldn't spend that kind of money on a doll for them to learn.

oh don't get me wrong, I believe breastfeeding is better for the baby, but I wouldn't spend that kind of money on a doll for them to learn.

If a child witnesses a sibling being breastfed, they will imitate the mother using any baby doll they have, or a stuffed animal,whatever. A special doll really isn't necessary.

If a child witnesses a sibling being breastfed, they will imitate the mother using any baby doll they have, or a stuffed animal,whatever. A special doll really isn't necessary.

Thats pretty much the point I was trying to make.

i dont see anything wrong with bottle feeding dolls either though. personally, i think either way is perfectly acceptable.

i dont see anything wrong with bottle feeding dolls either though. personally, i think either way is perfectly acceptable.

Bottlefeeding dolls teach children that bottlefeeding artificial formula is normal, and perpetuates the cultural acceptability of bottlefeeding artificial formula.

Feeding artificial formula from a bottle kills children.

... you don't see a problem with that?

I Heard it news I saw behavior on stranger children teach odd suspect, who influence serious risk because prevent to behavior, I aware it! mom said stranger!

really? i dont want to blow your mind too much, but i have 7 kids who were bottle fed and they..ARE STILL LIVING. in fact, they are not only living, but highly intelligent.
its ok..let it sink in for a while.

Bottlefeeding dolls teach children that bottlefeeding artificial formula is normal, and perpetuates the cultural acceptability of bottlefeeding artificial formula.

Not all bottles are just formula that would be a narrow minded way of looking at bottle feeding. Some mothers opt out on breast feeding but promotes her own breast milk in a bottle. My mom gave my brother's her breast milk, but from a bottle. Still getting the same nutrition of breast milk, just not as fresh. Both brothers turned out fine.

i cant stand breast feeding militants..they are almost as ridiculous as "intactivists", as they have chosen to label themselves.

really? i dont want to blow your mind too much, but i have 7 kids who were bottle fed and they..ARE STILL LIVING. in fact, they are not only living, but highly intelligent.
its ok..let it sink in for a while.

If all children were breastfed (in the us), then it should prevent 1.8 postneonatal deaths per 10 000 live births ... 720 postneonatal deaths might be prevented or delayed each year at little cost or risk.

Breastfeeding is one of the most effective ways to ensure child health and survival. A lack of exclusive breastfeeding during the first six months of life contributes to over a million avoidable child deaths each year.

Stating a fact (more breastfed children survive than artificially fed children) does not imply that all artificially fed children die. But it does factually state that some do die as a consequence of their parent's choices.

I'm sorry to hear you had seven children but are so defensive on the topic of feeding them appropriate food.

i cant stand breast feeding militants..they are almost as ridiculous as "intactivists", as they have chosen to label themselves.

I'm like -super- militant about reducing childhood deaths and artificial-feeding related illnesses, because I'm an awful person and totally ridiculous. :laugh2:

Not all bottles are just formula that would be a narrow minded way of looking at bottle feeding. Some mothers opt out on breast feeding but promotes her own breast milk in a bottle. My mom gave my brother's her breast milk, but from a bottle. Still getting the same nutrition of breast milk, just not as fresh. Both brothers turned out fine.

Pumping into a bottle exclusively is a failing strategy, though. Women who try to exclusively pump often fail because you cannot usually produce as much milk with a pump as you can while nursing from a breast. If your mother managed to feed your brother 6 months of exclusive breastmilk and 2 years of supplemental breastmilk with a pump (the world health organization's minimal breastfeeding recommendation), good on her! But that places her in a minority that can be dedicated and successful with exclusive pumping.

That said, the majority of bottlefeeding in the US is not bottlefeeding breastmilk, it is bottlefeeding artificial formula. 25% of newborns in the US are still not breastfed or given breastmilk in a bottle even once in their life, and 87% do not receive 6 months of exclusive breastmilk (from bottle or breast).

Bottlefeeding artificial formula is absolutely pervasive in american culture. Teaching children to use a tool of artificial feeding (a bottle on a doll) only perpetuates the acceptability of artificial feeding.

Why would any parents want to buy this for their little girl ?? I do not know of one girl that ever pretended to nurse their doll! Why are parents in such a hurry to have their kids grown up? Some of the clothes for little girl today look like they made for hookers! In fact I know more women are not having babies today. There is more to being a women than having babies!

I've not seen a child "nurse" before, however giving a bottle to a baby is usually the way they do it.. take Baby born for instance; you can feed the toy doll with a bottle and put it on a potty etc.

Growing up, I never had any idea that babies were nursed, I always had a bottle to feed my toy baby with and that felt normal.

Would it not be awkward especially for a male to be in a room with a female child who is pretending nursing a toy baby?

-P

Next there will dolls getting pregnant and having babies!! I saw this weekend
Today Show and 24 % were for it and 76 % against it.

I've not seen a child "nurse" before, however giving a bottle to a baby is usually the way they do it.. take Baby born for instance; you can feed the toy doll with a bottle and put it on a potty etc.

Growing up, I never had any idea that babies were nursed, I always had a bottle to feed my toy baby with and that felt normal.

Would it not be awkward especially for a male to be in a room with a female child who is pretending nursing a toy baby?

-P

OK guys let hear from you, would it be awkward ??
I can see giving a baby doll a bottle, but having a 'baby' put on 'fake nipple' to nurse a fake baby is too much for me. For cried it loud stop forcing kids to grown up!! I would had never brought this for my child if it was on the market. And my daughter never pretended to breast feed her dolls. She was outside playing or learning how to swim . ride a bike etc. She was busy being child not being molded onto some little Stepford wife.

Breast is best.. Breast feeding is natural and normal.
I prefer breast feeding over bottle feeding. Although I am not in favor with bottle feeding a baby.. Again this is something that is a choice of the parent.

Breast is best.. Breast feeding is natural and normal. I prefer breast feeding over bottle feeding. Although I am not in favor with bottle feeding a baby.. Again this is something that is a choice of the parent.

And beauty! ;)

Yes. This is actually how kids learn to parent...through observation and imitation. It is also how they develop their gender roles.

There more to being a woman than having babies... I feel it's programing little into thinking they have have baby. It just feel too weird to me, maybe I am getting old fashion with age... I bet my clients would have freaked out about this.
I had one 80 plus woman tell she was shocked about teen having babies and sex so young. She said when she was a child she did not know her mother was pregnant. Then one day her mother when into her bedroom and came out two days later with a baby. My client said she had no idea how the baby got there.
Times has sure changed ..

Back