AllDeaf's Biggest Loser

Use a stick, tie a string to it and hang something in the front of you that you really like and chase after it. :lol:

Chasing a hot pizza up and down the stairs? I am canny. I think that pizza would lose fast!:lol:

I'm motivated only by my need to be thin. Sounds crazy, but if you tell yourself you need this, your more likely to do it. Just the same way as you need to go to work, you need to cook dinner for the kids, you also need to workout. Shel has done a fantastic job of this. She dropped 30 pounds.

It's 9:52 om here and I'm starting my workout. this should be fun. sleep be dammed!

Its nearly 2:00 am here and I just finished my workout. I feel flabbish still, but I'll do a complete body test again tomorrow evening when I get home from work to see if I've actually lost anything.

I better catch a nap, I have to rise again at 4:45!!

mm, I think i should use the dumbells that my little sister gave me for xmas and run up down the stairs as it's like 18 degress outside. :cold:

I lost a lot of weight since my heart surgery but my doctors tell me most of that was fluid so now I need to do some real excerising.

I probably lost about 5 lbs from puking my guts out since 430 PM yesterday. I cnat even stand which is why I am still on the computer. Trying to gather energy to get back in bed.

Had my weigh-in and it wasn't good. I gained 2.5 pounds. I think I may quit the group as it's getting impossible to follow the program. They do not even try to work with me and it's frustrating. I know what I need to do and I just need to do it, but medical limitations keep me from doing much.

For now, it's back to the Weight Watcher's plan to see if I can get back on track.

My goal is to lose another 30 lbs this year. See if I accomplish that. If not, at least be toned in all areas!

I finally can cross my legs now so that is a big accomplishment for me. I missed getting into the comfortable position of crossing my legs while relaxing.

I did a body test today and I have lost 3.1 pounds, so its a start! Just 27.9 more pounds to go!

Im mad though because my Wii limited how much I could workout on it. The limit is 3 hours per day! I was going for 4 hours. I think I'll buy the Wii Fit Plus so I can do more.

I worked 8 hours today and I was looking forward to having a good solid exhausting workout (I love that feeling you have when your done exercising.)

Tomorrow I will workout for the full 3 hour time allotment- regardless of how I feel at work. I will force myself to do it, and I'll feel better knowing I did it.

As for food, I hate some vegetable alfredo chicken helper. And that's it for all day.

I gained five pounds over the holidays... which really isn't bad compared to what I probably should have gained. We also got a new scale, which is digital and more accurate. When I said I was 183 earlier on, I was actually 186. :Oops: I went by what the old scale was telling me, but when we got our new one, I found out that it was wrong. :P But I gained 2 pounds before the holidays and it went up to 185 (according to the old scale - 188 according to the new scale). When I weighed myself on Monday (I said I would wait a week, but I decided against it) it said that I was 192.6 pounds. So this means that my actual start weight was around 198 pounds. :Oops: I want to lose my five pounds again so I can get back to 188. I weighed myself today and I was 191, so I've lost almost 2 and a half pounds in 2 days. I'm not surprised, however, because I knew that I would be able to lose the same 5 pounds quite quickly again after I started back into my same routine. I would love to be able to lose those 5 pounds by the end of the week, but then go back to losing a low amount of weight a week (1 pound a week). I don't want to lose weight too fast because I don't want excess skin........

I did a body test today and I have lost 3.1 pounds, so its a start! Just 27.9 more pounds to go!

Im mad though because my Wii limited how much I could workout on it. The limit is 3 hours per day! I was going for 4 hours. I think I'll buy the Wii Fit Plus so I can do more.

I worked 8 hours today and I was looking forward to having a good solid exhausting workout (I love that feeling you have when your done exercising.)

Tomorrow I will workout for the full 3 hour time allotment- regardless of how I feel at work. I will force myself to do it, and I'll feel better knowing I did it.

As for food, I hate some vegetable alfredo chicken helper. And that's it for all day.

:eek3: work out for 3 hours? Wow! I couldnt have the energy for such long and intense workouts. 90 mins is my max.

Does extreme housework count as a work-out? It leaves me huffing and puffing and very tired.

I guess I should explain, when I sweep and mop the eat-in kitchen, I have to move the furniture and today I swept the floor twice (tile and the sand stays in the grout lines) and mopped it 3 times. I also vacuume3d the whole house twice and that means moving furniture except for dressers and beds. So the sofa, loveseat, dining table, desks and chairs and recliners and tables all got moved. Then it was windows cleaned, dusting, bathrooms cleaned and mopped, and the walls in the living room had to be polished (wood paneling).

Does that count as exercise?

Does extreme housework count as a work-out? It leaves me huffing and puffing and very tired.

I guess I should explain, when I sweep and mop the eat-in kitchen, I have to move the furniture and today I swept the floor twice (tile and the sand stays in the grout lines) and mopped it 3 times. I also vacuume3d the whole house twice and that means moving furniture except for dressers and beds. So the sofa, loveseat, dining table, desks and chairs and recliners and tables all got moved. Then it was windows cleaned, dusting, bathrooms cleaned and mopped, and the walls in the living room had to be polished (wood paneling).

Does that count as exercise?

As long as your heart rate is at the target area for fat burning for at least 20 mins then yes, it is a workout.

For my age, if my heart beats around 112 to 125 per minutes for at least 20 mins, I start burning fat. It takes 20 mins to start burning fat..which is why I have fat burning exercises for around 40 to 45 mins after I weight lift during my 90 mins workouts and one hour of fat burning workouts 2 times a week.

As long as your heart rate is at the target area for fat burning for at least 20 mins then yes, it is a workout.

For my age, if my heart beats around 112 to 125 per minutes for at least 20 mins, I start burning fat. It takes 20 mins to start burning fat..which is why I have fat burning exercises for around 40 to 45 mins after I weight lift during my 90 mins workouts and one hour of fat burning workouts 2 times a week.

Well - I guess it counts then. My heart rate took quite a while to settle down. I was busy for at least 5 hours doing all this and still cooking and unpacking quilts from the garage. Only now am I able to sit and relax.

:ty:

Well - I guess it counts then. My heart rate took quite a while to settle down. I was busy for at least 5 hours doing all this and still cooking and unpacking quilts from the garage. Only now am I able to sit and relax.

:ty:

was it kept at that rate for at least 20 mins without stopping? If it slows down and then goes up constantly without a steady rate, then it doesnt count. That was what my former personal trainer told me.

However, you did burn calories but burning fat..it depends if you kept your heart rate at a steady target rate for more than 20 mins.

was it kept at that rate for at least 20 mins without stopping? If it slows down and then goes up constantly without a steady rate, then it doesnt count. That was what my former personal trainer told me.

However, you did burn calories but burning fat..it depends if you kept your heart rate at a steady target rate for more than 20 mins.

It stayed up quite fast for easily an hour at a time. I tend to kick people out when I start cleaning and then go for it, so I didn't have to wait for people to move out of the way. They went from room to room. Since I am the driver I couldn't send them totally away.

:eek3: work out for 3 hours? Wow! I couldnt have the energy for such long and intense workouts. 90 mins is my max.

Well, there are days I don't have energy but I do it anyway. Like yesterday my feet and legs were killing me, but I went ahead and did the workout anyway.

I got busy counting money this evening and looking at the weather radar constantly to see if it's actually going to snow or not. It's past midnight now, so starting a workout now would be useless. But because I didn't workout today, I ate less. Trying to balance everything out a bit.

I have officially lost the 5 pounds I gained over the holidays... and in only one and a half weeks. :) 2 more pounds until I get back to my 12 pound loss. :)

Back