Ahmadinejad Wins Iranian Vote

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are trying to make up for your excuse that confirm about Obama is different and CNN said he's toughen talk on Iran.
Obama toughens his talk on Iran - CNN.com

What you think is not my problem.

Yes Obama is different as McCain when they want to do something on foreign countries.

Darkdog´s link at his post #131 is the best.

Except that's pretty much the sort of speech McCain was telling Obama to make- supporting and respecting the people of Iran while condemning the brutal government.

Obama is right to not take McCain´s advice what McCain want Obama do is meddling on Iran´s election soon and said in his first speech that there´re not much difference between Ahmejidad and Mossaiv soon after Ahmejidad won at second election.

So you're saying Obama would have been wrong to condemn the government of Iran if they had not first accused Obama of meddling. I can maybe understand if Obama's initial silence were some sort of coherent tactic, but you're saying it's a moral issue, not a tactical one. Why is it a moral imperative to remain silent while a tyrannical regime inflicts brutality on its people for peacefully protesting?

Actually, I would love to see ANY countries including US tough on Iran Government and demand reglious leaders to remove and vote form of Government but I know it´s wrong because its up to Iranians. They should have known that they should protest to remove reglious leaders first, not protest for want Mossavi or Ahamiejdad.

No, hostage crisis was being attacked by Iranian students and US Embassy bomb by anti-american terrorist group, not Iranian Government.
So, Wikipedia is wrong? If so, why do you quote them?

Éxactly, then not tell other countries to do with nuclear weapons if the USA have one. Leave them alone.
:confused:

I am trying to make more clear.

If America don´t want other countries own nuclear weapons then they should destory their nuclear weapons first because America start it to tell other countries what to do. It´s okay for America to own nuclear weapon, not okay for other countries which is not right.

That´s why I said that EVERY countries including America has the right to defend/protect their country.

Its about fair.
But you're still saying that America should destroy their weapons first. That would leave America defenseless. That doesn't make any sense.

No, you should read my post more carefully...

I did said IF IF IF ... which mean is IF
Is this the statement to which you refer:

"If USA and other countries want to stop Iran or any countries, they should destroy their own nuclear weapons/progam first." (#42)

It still means that the USA would have to first destroy their own weapons.

It still makes no logical sense for America to leave itself defenseless.

I guess it's pointless to continue this circle of repetition.

wow, Please be honest yourself...

Yes you understood my response post to ADer prefect that it´s about me as an employee for US military base. It´s about me, ADer referred to, not people from American military. Please go back and re-read my response post toward ADer.
I got it.

Americans don't hate Iran.

The American military don't hate Iran.

You don't hate Iran.

Good. :)

oooooooooo - "Iran's president tells President Obama to stop "interfering" in Iran's affairs"

Iran opposition delays rally after crackdown

(CNN) -- An event to remember the victims of Iran's post-election protests has been postponed Thursday, a day after security forces crushed a planned demonstration.

The postponement was announced on the Web site of presidential candidate Mehdi Karrubi's party Wednesday evening.

"Thursday's ceremony was meant to commemorate the 'the martyrs of the republic and freedom,' " the statement on the party site said.

The event was postponed for a week, but the site did not offer an alternate date.

Also Thursday, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, the declared winner in the disputed June 12 election, told President Obama to stop "interfering" in Iran's affairs, the semi-official Fars news agency reported.

"The question is, do you want to use this kind of literature to address Iran and create a dialogue?" Ahmadinejad said. "If this is your position, then there is nothing to talk about."

Obama is walking a diplomatic tightrope in finding the right response to the crisis. Since taking office, the U.S. leader has sought rapprochement with Iran, but this week he said he was "appalled and outraged" by the post-election violence.

The White House said Wednesday that it was rescinding invitations to Iranian diplomats overseas for Independence Day celebrations.

Seventeen people have died in clashes with government forces since the protests began more than a week ago, according to official figures.

CNN has received unconfirmed reports of as many as 150 deaths related to a popular uprising on Saturday alone.

The mood in Tehran on Thursday was "defiant but nervous," said one resident, whom CNN is not identifying for safety reasons.

Life was returning to routine, "but not like before the election," the resident wrote. Security forces were ever-present, he said. And after days of protest, the city was calmer.

The number of demonstrators venturing into Tehran's streets had fallen since Sunday, said CNN's Reza Sayah, who returned Wednesday to the U.S. from Iran.

Sayah said exhaustion from consecutive days of protest may have combined with fear of government reprisals.

CNN has received numerous accounts of nighttime roundups of opposition activists and international journalists by government forces.

After opposition leader Mir Hossein Moussavi met with university teachers Wednesday, police arrested 70 attendees and took them to an undisclosed location, his Web site said. CNN hasn't been able to verify the site's authenticity.

The key to what happens next depends on what role Moussavi plays, Sayah said. Moussavi's supporters say he was robbed of a victory and are demanding a fresh election. The official results gave Ahmadinejad a landslide win.

Meanwhile, Iran's ambassador to Mexico defended his country's actions in an interview Wednesday with CNN en Español. Ambassador Mohammad Hassan Ghadiri said there are acceptable ways of addressing electoral fraud, if any had occurred.

"But they go out on the street, they attack buses, they attack banks; that affects the security of the country," Ghadiri said.

"The minority can't impose their opinion on the majority. They can't impose a dictatorship, saying that the majority is not going to govern."

In the face of protests, authorities offered a partial recount. The Iranian Interior Ministry said Wednesday that it conducted a recount of some ballot boxes in the presence of another defeated candidate's representatives -- and found no discrepancies. VideoWatch more on the protests »

Iran's government has restricted media access in the country, making it difficult to ascertain exact figures.

On Wednesday afternoon, security forces used overwhelming force to crack down on protesters who had flocked to Baharestan Square near the parliament building in Tehran, according to more than a half-dozen witnesses.

Police charged at the gathering -- clubbing demonstrators with batons, beating women and old men, and firing weapons into the air to disperse them, witnesses said. VideoWatch what Iranian television is reporting »

"They were waiting for us," one witness said. "They all have guns and riot uniforms. It was like a mouse trap."

The melee extended beyond the square, one woman said.

"They emptied buses that were taking people there and let the private cars go on ... and then, all of a sudden, some 500 people with clubs of wood, they came out of the Hedayat Mosque, and they poured into the streets and they started beating everyone," she said.

Government-run Press TV gave a starkly different account, saying about 200 protesters had gathered in front of the parliament and 50 others in a nearby square. All were dispersed by a heavy police presence, it said.

Someone who answered the phone at the nearby Bank of Melli hospital said no one had been admitted as a result of any clashes.

Iran's supreme leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, who has endorsed the election results, reiterated Wednesday that the government "will never give in to coercive demands with regards to Iran's presidential elections," Press TV said.

Also Wednesday, Iranian authorities said they had arrested foreign nationals, some with British passports, in connection with the country's post-election unrest. VideoWatch more on the diplomatic standoff »

The British Foreign Office said it was looking into the claims. It said it knew that one of the arrested nationals was Washington Times reporter Jason Fowden, who also goes by the name Iason Athanasiadis.

The Iranian government has long blamed other countries, especially Britain, for meddling in its affairs but has offered no proof.

Iran also said that Neda Agha-Soltan, 26, whose videotaped death has made her a face of the protests, might have been shot by mistake.

The state-run Islamic Republic News Agency said snipers may have mistaken her for the sister of a Monafeghin.

Monafeghin refers to the People's Mujahedin Organization of Iran, which promotes a Marxist government and has waged a campaign against the fundamentalist Islamic regime.

Ahmadinejad, shut up the fuck and you are ultimate evil, I'm really want cut his head off with sword.

Conservative muslim need stop interfere with people who aren't muslim.

I'm sure that Obama will dismiss at this comment as well.

Oh, gosh. Barbara Ann song is playing in my head now. Ba ba ba ba black sheep.. Ba Ba Ba Ba Barbara Ann.. Ba ba... pffftt!

Honestly, I can't stand The Beach Boys after even my mom and aunt personally were friends of one of the members of The Beach Boys since they were teens. Saved by the Bell is sooooooooooo cheesy.

Yeah, I've read headlines that Ahmadinejad said that "Obama is acting like Bush." No wonder Secretary of State Clinton informed US embassies and consulates to rescind all July 4 invitations to Iranian diplomats.

Ahmadinejad calls Obama meddler, likens him to Bush

TEHRAN, Iran (CNN) -- Iran's President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad on Thursday called the U.S. president inexperienced, compared him unfavorably to President George W. Bush and suggested he apologize for "interfering in Iran's affairs."

"Do you think that this kind of behavior is going to solve any of your problems? It will only make people think you are someone like Bush," the semiofficial Fars news agency quoted Ahmadinejad as saying.

"You are at the beginning of your way and you are gaining experience, and we do not wish the scandals of the Bush era to be repeated during your term of office," the Iranian leader said.

President Obama, who has been in office for five months, has been treading a careful line on Iran, which has seen two weeks of street demonstrations following a disputed presidential election there. Watch how U.S.-Iran relations got to this pointVideo

Pro-government security forces have cracked down on the protests, with officials saying 17 people have died. Unofficial reports suggest the number is much higher.

Official results gave Ahmadinejad a 2-to-1 victory over his nearest rival, former Prime Minister Mir Hossein Moussavi. Moussavi says the results were rigged.

Obama has said Iranians must be free to demonstrate peacefully, and his administration Wednesday withdrew invitations to Iranian diplomats around the world to attend U.S. embassy Fourth of July parties.

The extension of invitations last month was seen as a cautious outreach to Iran, which has not had diplomatic relations with Washington for 30 years.

Obama wrote secretly to Iran's Supreme Leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, before the election, Iranian sources confirmed Wednesday. PhotoSee photos from post-election violence »

Obama said Tuesday that Iran's government must justify itself not in the eyes of the United States, but in the opinion of its own people.

"A sizable percentage of the Iranian people themselves ... consider this election illegitimate," he said at a White House news conference.

"It is not too late for the Iranian government to recognize that there is a peaceful path that will lead to stability and prosperity," he said. "We hope they take it." Timeline of election violence »

Ahmadinejad said Thursday that even 5- and 6-year-olds would not allow insults to the Iranian nation, telling Obama: "We hope that you will avoid interfering in Iran's affairs and somehow express your regret so that the Iranian nation can become aware of your regret. If there is real change, the Iranian nation will welcome it."

hmmm.... firm and tough.... i guess the definitions of firm and tough mean the same thing after all...... :lol:

oooooooooooooo!!!!!

Obama dismisses Ahmadinejad apology request
WASHINGTON — President Obama on Friday had some of his strongest words for Iran President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and his country's disputed election, which has resulted in protesters being beaten and killed.

Mr. Obama said he doesn't take seriously Mr. Ahmadinejad's request for an apology for the U.S. meddling in the June 12 election. He also said Mr. Ahmadinejad should instead "think carefully" about his obligations to those beaten, shot and killed in the post-election marches.

"The violence perpetrated against them is outrageous. We see it and we condemn it," Mr. Obama said an East Room news conference after meeting with German Chancellor Angela Merkel.

The president also said his administration has not interfered in the election and has made every effort to make that clear.

Mrs. Merkel said the international community must help to identify victims who were beaten, arrested or killed by the Iranian government.

"We will not forget," she said through a translator. "Iran can't count on the world community turning a blind eye."

Mr. Obama nodded as he listened to the translation.

The president said the post-election violence will have an effect on international negotiations to prevent Iran from developing a nuclear weapon, though he said he doesn't know how they will be affected.

Protesters claim irregularities and have demanded a recount in the election is which Mr. Ahmadinejad won in a landslide victory over Mir Hossein Mousavi. The violence occurred in the days after the election when Iranian security forces turned back hundreds protesters marching in the streets of Tehran and elsewhere in the country.

The death count varies from the government count of 20 to the protesters' count of 200. Hundreds more have been beaten and arrested.

oooooooooooo! he's getting :mad2:

Mr. Obama said he doesn't take seriously Mr. Ahmadinejad's request for an apology for the U.S. meddling in the June 12 election. He also said Mr. Ahmadinejad should instead "think carefully" about his obligations to those beaten, shot and killed in the post-election marches.

I have to agree with Obama on that one...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back