A Gun Thread About Absolutely Nothing!

Embedded media from this media site is no longer available
Not something I would recommend doing but I get his point. (There's no way I could hold a long gun with one hand but he's a lot beefier than I am.)

Shotguns have more recoil but even that can be reduced by proper positioning on the shoulder.

Not something I would recommend doing but I get his point. (There's no way I could hold a long gun with one hand but he's a lot beefier than I am.)

Shotguns have more recoil but even that can be reduced by proper positioning on the shoulder.
Checkout these mini-shot shells. It does not make the shotty that much lighter, but recoil wies it does.
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2016/06/daniel-zimmerman/shooting-aguilas-12-gauge-minishells/
IMG_2323.jpg

IMG_2319.jpg

if anyones gonna go with those midgets, just get a 410 or a Judge, then you can have the best of both worlds (410 or 45 cal. for those who dont know)

Today I bought an Iver Johnson .45 cal 1911A1 in Boa pattern. Traded in an old 9mm (still have 3) to reduce the price. Definitely not easy to conceal carry. :)
Got to shoot the new gun at the range today. Very smooth! It's heavy to hold but no recoil. :)

One of the other guys shooting at the range today was a private security officer. He has to qualify on his gun only once per year. His qualification is only a certain numerical score for 65 rounds, untimed, on a paper target (very minimal--in my opinion, not enough).

Well, I saw his target. Yikes! It was terrible! No groups, shots all over the target figure, and off the figure, just on the paper. I'm willing to bet he had some shots that missed the target all together.

He admitted that he was "too busy" to practice.

On my absolute worst day of target shooting I've never shot as badly as that guy.

If he can't even hit a stationary paper target in a comfortable indoor range what could he hit in a real-life crisis?

I would NOT depend on this guy to save my life. Pitiful.

TCS said if I was caught in a life or death emergency with this guy I should tell him to give me his gun. Hmmm....

One of the other guys shooting at the range today was a private security officer. He has to qualify on his gun only once per year. His qualification is only a certain numerical score for 65 rounds, untimed, on a paper target (very minimal--in my opinion, not enough).

Well, I saw his target. Yikes! It was terrible! No groups, shots all over the target figure, and off the figure, just on the paper. I'm willing to bet he had some shots that missed the target all together.

On my absolute worst day of target shooting I've never shot as badly as that guy.

If he can't even hit a stationary paper target in a comfortable indoor range what could he hit in a real-life crisis?

TCS said if I was caught in a life or death emergency with this guy I should tell him to give me his gun. Hmmm....
Really you should have told him to go home and take his panties off because apparently the thong was irritating to him....lol
Or to turn in his Man Card because he hasnt earned it yet.

I am scared to ask...but... did he pass?
Seems ridiculous to have an armed guard who cannot control his spread at a stationary non threatening target...what do they expect him to do when the target is shooting back at him?

Reba, I know what you mean. I belong to group of action-steel shooters. We're men and women who carry concealed or are regularly armed with duty weapons (military, law enforcement, security, etc.). Shooters stand side-by-side and shoot down steel silhouettes, usually enough targets to force a reload before all are down.

It's fun and provides more realistic practice for duty or CWP weapons.

I am scared to ask...but... did he pass?
That was his practice shoot. I don't know when his test will be.

Seems ridiculous to have an armed guard who cannot control his spread at a stationary non threatening target...what do they expect him to do when the target is shooting back at him?
Hope that one of his wild shots will ricochet and hit the bad guy? :dunno:

Practice or not this is scary of he is already carrying a weapon to work...smh idiots abound and it really hurts those that are intelligent about carrying.... doubt he would be so lucky if anything he would become another statistic of a person carrying having their sidearm either being used against them or not being helpful at all...

That was his practice shoot. I don't know when his test will be.

Hope that one of his wild shots will ricochet and hit the bad guy? :dunno:

Practice or not this is scary of he is already carrying a weapon to work...smh idiots abound and it really hurts those that are intelligent about carrying.... doubt he would be so lucky if anything he would become another statistic of a person carrying having their sidearm either being used against them or not being helpful at all...
Yep. I'm afraid he's giving himself and his workplace a false feeling of security.

oh my.... I wonder if that's at 25 yards...

Back