What did you learn today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I miss Scott a lot. I was reading some of his PM's. I'm still trying to get my kitchen cabinets redone. He was giving me ideas like.. just take some of the doors off and leave them around the house for your hubby to trip over.:giggle: Also, he knows I am a huge S.F. Giants fan. He would send me pictures of my favorite player, who lives locally to Scott.

Also reading some old messages from Mark. It is really sad, last Christmas he said he did not receive a single Christmas or Birthday present.

Reminds me how fortunate I am to have a loving family, a warm home, good health, sweetest little dog and great friends. The friends I met here on AD have helped me so much. Thank you.

I was thinking of Mark today and about how much enthusiasm he had for everything he did and I wouldn't be able to wish him a
Happy birthday . I miss him ,alldeaf is not the same to me with Mark gone. That is so sad he didn't get any gifts . :( RIP Mark & Scott.

I learned that a few of my closest girlfriends are going through rough times in their lives. One of them asked me if her and her two kids can stay with us until she finds a place to live. I had to say no. Ugh

I learned that a few of my closest girlfriends are going through rough times in their lives. One of them asked me if her and her two kids can stay with us until she finds a place to live. I had to say no. Ugh

That sucks! I bet it was hard to say no but I hope she understood why. Don't you already have a full house?

The family member I shared about having stage three breast cancer, well it went to stage four bone cancer. This all happened in just five short weeks. Chemo is not an option and doctors are saying there is no treatments at this time. Sadly, as fast as the cancer is spreading, I don't think she has a lot of time left.

I'm sorry to hear that, it's a difficult time especially the Holiday period of time. Prayers sent.

The family member I shared about having stage three breast cancer, well it went to stage four bone cancer. This all happened in just five short weeks. Chemo is not an option and doctors are saying there is no treatments at this time. Sadly, as fast as the cancer is spreading, I don't think she has a lot of time left.

:hug:

I'm sorry to hear that. Hugs!

That sucks! I bet it was hard to say no but I hope she understood why. Don't you already have a full house?

Yes, that was why I had to say no. Have 7 people living in my 3 bedroom house. It is bursting at the seams!

Yes, that was why I had to say no. Have 7 people living in my 3 bedroom house. It is bursting at the seams!

:shock: That's a lot! I hope they are helping you out with housework and food, etc.

This is very sad news :( I am sorry to hear this. A :hug: for you
I know how hard it's to get this kind of news from being a health aide .

I'm very sorry for this sad news. It's going to be especially hard for your family during this holiday season. I'll be praying for her and your family. :hug:

I learned that I got a better grade on my finance test than I thought. I also am doing better in my finance class than I thought.

I learn the old gal up the road alive and well 95 and still chain smoker and not even a cough never felt better, the family Concerned she was going set house on fire had her put into a home.i walked pass saw her in wheel chair and carer chaining it.Funny about 4 wheel chairs with old people all chaining it

First I learn Star Wars film coming out had no idea don't follow it.Church of England wanted put Lord's Prayer up but refused because upset people of other faiths,don't know why the words of it don't push Christianity on anyone they words all faiths abide with.
such outrage that the prayer read more than ever...People who do Star Wars ok about it just rediculus censor laws

I thought that Star Wars were being filmed in California or in USA. I would have to agree that it is not proper to put the "Lord's Prayer" in the film as it probably would be shown in all over the world. Everyone is different in their religion tradition. Beside, it is against have to come between the religion and political systems. You can not mix them together. This does not work that way. This had to be separate.

People in religion would try to convert us or make other people like Gay or Muslims or anyone to be like the Christian and go straight. Everyone choose which prayer they want to use in their own congregation or at home, but not public. That would make us feeling uncomfortable if we had to do this. Listening or watching the captioned in the "Lord's prayer" can have unsettled and the audience members might walk out of the cinemas.

The producers and the director want to make money from the film.

I thought that Star Wars were being filmed in California or in USA. I would have to agree that it is not proper to put the "Lord's Prayer" in the film as it probably would be shown in all over the world. Everyone is different in their religion tradition. Beside, it is against have to come between the religion and political systems. You can not mix them together. This does not work that way. This had to be separate.

People in religion would try to convert us or make other people like Gay or Muslims or anyone to be like the Christian and go straight. Everyone choose which prayer they want to use in their own congregation or at home, but not public. That would make us feeling uncomfortable if we had to do this. Listening or watching the captioned in the "Lord's prayer" can have unsettled and the audience members might walk out of the cinemas.

The producers and the director want to make money from the film.
it not in the film Beb had nothing to do with film and people who do Star Wars had no problems ,it censorship in Uk Church of England wanted just put words up on screen before film started
I not religious but I do feel the words apply to all religions and atheist..Other religions had no problem with the prayer..I against censorship unless it sick

I learned that I prefer not to work. Oh wait...I already knew that!

I learned that my niece is taking ASL class in her 2nd year college next year. :)

I learned to be patient with older people bec a lot of them are totally new to computers especially a MAC. Teaching seniors is awesome !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back