What did you learn today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I DVR all my favorite shows and watch them on my own schedule, without commercials.

I learned about molar pregnancy from someone on facebook. It is possible to be pregnant without a baby.

I learned about molar pregnancy from someone on facebook. It is possible to be pregnant without a baby.
Interesting...Might look that up later. About to head out for the movies. Black Mass with Johnny Depp. Not a big fan of Depp but curious about the movie.

I have electric pug in burners and too much water could harm them , so I have to be careful and not let water over boil too much.

I am surprised at you having plug in burners (am assuming that by this you mean a hot plate). I thought you were in a condo and would have a kitchen with a range or built-in stovetop & walloven.

Interesting...Might look that up later. About to head out for the movies. Black Mass with Johnny Depp. Not a big fan of Depp but curious about the movie.

What do you think of the movie?

I am surprised at you having plug in burners (am assuming that by this you mean a hot plate). I thought you were in a condo and would have a kitchen with a range or built-in stovetop & walloven.

No,no Jane, what she means is the electric coil plugs into a socket right on the range, four burners. That's what my electric range has. You can pull out the coil and clean the burner plate underneath.

What do you cook with gas, or a smooth top?

No,no Jane, what she means is the electric coil plugs into a socket right on the range, four burners. That's what my electric range has. You can pull out the coil and clean the burner plate underneath.

What do you cook with gas, or a smooth top?

04100165%20Big.jpg

:ty: Annie , yes I have 4 burners just like this . I could of brought a stove with the flat top burners but they don't look safe to me . I was afraid my grandchild would put her hand right on a burner .

Get an induction stove. Best of two worlds, flat and easy to clean but doesn't get hot but pan does get hot when on it. (Must be specific kind of pans also)

04100165%20Big.jpg

:ty: Annie , yes I have 4 burners just like this . I could of brought a stove with the flat top burners but they don't look safe to me . I was afraid my grandchild would put her hand right on a burner .

This also what I have. But whatdidyousay the way you described yours and the concern about boil over did not make me think of these.

From what mine looks like and the manual that previous owners of this house have passed along to the next owner as this house changed hands several times it is probably from the 1950's. I have had a very few boil overs over the years since I have owned this place and I am sure from the way some other things were that the gal right before me did also. It can be messy to clean up but does not cause any lasting problem.

The only thing I don't like about mine is that it is from before self-cleaning ovens. What I do really like about it is that the oven is at the top and the door swings to the side. Also, to make the oven even easier to get to the cooktop slides in. The burners sit lower than a common range that has the oven under them. Here is an illustration of it taken from the owners manual. The one I have is NOT the "Imperial" model with the extra features.

It would not let me put in the file of my range because I had already used it in another thread! http://www.alldeaf.com/showthread.php?t=117227&page=7
You need to click on the link to that thread scroll down to post #183 and then click on the illustration at the bottom of the post to see a larger one.

it 5am I sat in hospital all night with mother mother sleeping so called cab go home quick wash then back again.Just learn cab company put fare up double because it 5am.I guess that all I going learn today I hope

Get an induction stove. Best of two worlds, flat and easy to clean but doesn't get hot but pan does get hot when on it. (Must be specific kind of pans also)

That is what we have and I absolutely love it. Super easy to clean. We did need to purchase special pots and pans but I needed new ones anyway.

That is what we have and I absolutely love it. Super easy to clean. We did need to purchase special pots and pans but I needed new ones anyway.

Wondering about why you needed new ones anyway. I am still using some that were my mother's from the 1940's-50's and maybe even a wedding present from 1939. I don't remember her not having them. I have added to them but still use the older ones. Remember "Revere Ware"? A number of them are that brand — steel with a copper bottom.

[/B]

Wondering about why you needed new ones anyway. I am still using some that were my mother's from the 1940's-50's and maybe even a wedding present from 1939. I don't remember her not having them. I have added to them but still use the older ones. Remember "Revere Ware"? A number of them are that brand — steel with a copper bottom.
Wonder no more! Quick Google search:

Induction stovetop cookware

I learned about Yogi Berra's passing. Thank you for making baseball the game it's right now.

Learned that (but it's not new news)...people are now renting apts. instead of buying houses....Apt. rents are sky-high, kids again moving back home....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back