What Books Have You Recently Purchased?

Some of my recent buys:
Elizabeth is Missing by Emma Healey (about an elderly woman suffering from dementia trying to figure out what has happened to her friend, Elizabeth, and is having trouble separating past from present.)

The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken (about a future where all children have gotten ill and died, with an exception of about 20% of them, those of whom acquired strange abilities, so strange that the adult population locks them up in fear of them. This book follows Ruby, one of the surviving children, as she lives in a prison camp, and her life after she gets broken out of prison camp.)

Brain on Fire by Susannah Cahalan (following the true story of a journalist, Susannah, as she suddenly takes ill with a mystery illness. We read as doctors try and figure out what is happening to her, and how to keep her alive, and return her to her normal state of sanity.)

All of these were pretty good, and are lots better than I probably made them sound.

-Jason

I recently purchased Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card (after thoroughly enjoying my roommate's copy), Percy Jackson and the Olympians Book 1: The Lightning Thief, and Heroes of Olympus Book 1: The Lost Hero (both by Rick Riordan). It's a shame I'm a broke college student, or I'd have bought many more books.

Huge quantities of Kindle books. Most are by unknown authors and about post apocalyptic zombie invaded worlds.

I am on a list for free and cheap Kindle books. Not sure if I put this down as a main interest, or if these are just the majority of free/cheap ebooks.

I recently purchased all three books in the All Souls Trilogy by Deborah Harkness.

Haven't bought any lately, but I'm behind on the John Grisham books. He has another new one out. I have to get caught up! I have about 10 or so of his books.

I'm reading, Possible Side Effects a memoir by Augusten Burroughs. Some very funny incidents and some rather pathetic incidents.

my recent buys are the old cloth bound hardy boys and nacy drew books and still looking for more to complete the collection. I even will consider the newer ones to complete the newer books collection. weird right? :giggle:

my recent buys are the old cloth bound hardy boys and nacy drew books and still looking for more to complete the collection. I even will consider the newer ones to complete the newer books collection. weird right? :giggle:

Nah. It's perfectly ok to appreciate older books. I have a big collection of the Nancy Drew books, but I do not have the complete set. I wish I did. They are all from the 1970's with the original hard-bound covers. I had to throw out about 20 two years ago when our basement flooded (which should not have happened!) but I still have about 20 left or so. That still wasn't the entire set -- last I looked there were at least 70, but I think the recent versions are now in soft-cover.

Haven't bought any lately, but I'm behind on the John Grisham books. He has another new one out. I have to get caught up! I have about 10 or so of his books.

you mean you haven't bought any playboys/penthouses lately? :lol: it just rolls off my previous post LOL!!
women were better looking in the 1970s than they are now....

"Starship Troopers" by Robert Heinlein. Not so much a Military Sci-Fi Novel, more a collection of dialogues on the nature of warfare. People comment on its fascist leanings, but I think if you've served or been part of the military machine you'll understand.

I recently purchase "Prince Lestat, The Vampire Chronicles" by Anne Rice online order... which has arrived in post today. :)

I'm in the process of going digital. I'm essentially selling or giving away all my physical copies. I am however keeping most of my graphic novels. I'm having a harder time letting those go.

Back