Cat Beaten to Deat, Teenage Boys Accused

MsGiglz

Reaction score
Cat Beaten to Death, Teenage boys accused

Cat Beaten To Death, Teenage Boys Accused

Bridgette Bornstein
Reporting

(WCCO) Minneapolis A Twin Cities couple is struggling to understand how anyone could attack and kill their helpless cat.

“I'm sure she was being really friendly to them when they attacked her. It's just a sorry thing it's terrible,” said Peter Schulze who owned the cat.

Minneapolis Police said two teenage boys took a baseball bat to Miss Kitty Thursday morning.

That accusation has some neighbors on edge.

“She would fall asleep every night and rest her head on my arm,” said Schulze.

"It's wrong and it's cruel,” said Jilda Mastrey who owned the cat for 15 years.

Jilda Mastrey and Peter Schulze loved their cat Miss Kitty. They planted these flowers in her memory. They believe she was beaten to death with a wooden bat by a couple teenage boys. In fact, a broken off piece of wood lay beside the dead cat's body.

The couple was sleeping in a front room just a few feet away from where this happened. They did hear some noise out here but they thought someone was just playing around banging on some rocks.

“I came out and they were poking my dead cat, and I looked at them and I wondered are they the guys who did it,” said Schulze.

“We came out here and she was dead and they were on bicycles and rode away. It's like they wanted to see our reaction to the death of our cat,” said Mastrey.

Peter chased after them when he noticed they'd taken a bicycle from the house. Police did catch the boys. It turns out they're also accused of breaking into a car around the same time. Now people in the neighborhood are fearful.

“I'm suspicious. I don't trust people and it shouldn't be that way,” said Schulze.

Mastrey’s turning her grief into action, warning the neighborhood with a flyer that describes what happened to Miss Kitty. Mastrey is urging folks to organize and fight the growing nuisance crimes in the area.

“Right now there's a dead animal," said Mastrey. "What's next? I'm angry and somebody has to stand up."

A boy in the neighborhood who says he knows the suspects told Bridgette Bornstein that he wondered why anyone cares that this happened.

He said things die every day and you can buy a new cat.

People in law enforcement tell us that young people who abuse animals often grow up to commit serious crimes, even become serial killers.

The boys accused in this case are out of jail, but prosecutors will consider charges, perhaps even felonies.

(© MMVI, CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved.)

SIGH! i am cry hard... poor cat!!! make me so mad! :mad: *excuse me* i am cat lover...

These "people" need to be locked up in juvenile hall until they're 18--longer if they can get them on the other crimes. Animal abuse is a sign of SERIOUS danger...these kids could go on to murder and rape people.

A baseball to a cat???? That is way too much !!!!! That is defientely not normal, man !!!!!

When I was a boy. The most I did was swing the cat's tail and the cat's head splattered all over the cement.

I never did that again and I grew up fine.

Most people who were once boys and did some mean things to a cat don't go to the extreme like that. The most they would do is swing the tail of a cat then that is it. Their mom scolds them and their father laughs there for a few mintunes or two then say " Hey Son, don't do that ever again. That is not good. You understand me ? " but a baseball to a cat, My God most normal boys don't throw a cat in the air then slam the baseball sending the cat into the air and that really is cruel !!!!! Even when I was a boy, I never would have come up with that idea to take a baseball and throw a cat in the air and hit the cat across the ground. I would have known that was not normal at all and would have known instinctively at once, that it was wrong. I did not really realize swinging a cat's tail was wrong because I was a small boy once but I really would have clearly known throwing a cat in the air and using a baseball would defientely be wrong. God Bless that cat and hope the owner gets a new cat. God Bless her too.

Damn kids!!!! I dont let my cat go outside except one of them. But my dog will bark if anything suspecious in my yard then I go check it out. I have done that many times. Thanks to the dog barking.

Not all guys who abuse animals go on to commit serious crimes like murder or rape etc. I grew up fine and I did not do any of those things and I am sure there are many more guys who were once a boy and did those things to a cat, it does not automatically mean that the guys will grow up to be murderers or rapists etc. There is defientely something wrong with those 2 boys using a baseball to hit a cat is really not part of normal growing up for the boys and yes I do think they need some juvenile hall time. If a boy swings a cat by the tail then stops because he was told not to do it ever again or his conscience got the better of him should not go to juvenile hall but if the boy keeps swinging cats in the air like 5, 6, 7, 8 times then something might be up because normal boys usually swing the cat in the air once or twice then that is it. A baseball to a cat really isn't normal at all.

SmileyGin said:

ok now u have one in your hand.. :whistle:

Awww cute monkey with bat .. Gonna save that picture lol thanks to you :giggle: which I am so lover of monkeys lol :lol:

DeafMonkey said:
Awww cute monkey with bat .. Gonna save that picture lol thanks to you :giggle: which I am so lover of monkeys lol :lol:

LOL no plm.. your welcome! hehe.. if i see any i will send ya ok? :)

LuciaDisturbed said:
You killed a cat?!

You are HORRIBLE!

Most boys have killed a cat at one time or another. It does not mean I am a horrible person. You should know by now after reading this thread.

Heath said:
A baseball to a cat???? That is way too much !!!!! That is defientely not normal, man !!!!!

When I was a boy. The most I did was swing the cat's tail and the cat's head splattered all over the cement.

I never did that again and I grew up fine.

Heath,

Many of your posts and threads are war-related and have many, many gross pictures. Most of us do not read crap like that, nor do we get our jollies out of posting crap like that.

Now we know why some of your far out comments are absolutely sickening. :crazy: :barf:

Are you sure you "grew up fine?" I question.

:pissed: THAT IS HORRIBLE HORRIBLE CRIME!

This precious cat is so beautiful! I feel so bad for the owners lost their beloved cat!

I wish these boys stay in jail for 3 to 5 years! That is murder crime! I don't care if they are teenagers! Murder is Murder! :pissed:

gasp! oh my.... i cant stand read more after i saw "beaten by baseball bat". poor cat!! why did they do that? my goodness.. i m so sorry that the cat had to deal with those 2 stupid teenager! :tears:

DoofusMama said:
Cat Beaten to Death, Teenage boys accused

Cat Beaten To Death, Teenage Boys Accused

. . .

A boy in the neighborhood who says he knows the suspects told Bridgette Bornstein that he wondered why anyone cares that this happened. He said things die every day and you can buy a new cat.

People in law enforcement tell us that young people who abuse animals often grow up to commit serious crimes, even become serial killers.

The boys accused in this case are out of jail, but prosecutors will consider charges, perhaps even felonies.

A few years ago, I wrote a letter to the editor of the Minneapolis Star Tribune regarding a feature article of what kids think of homeless people. One 13-year-old boy said he laughs when he sees them. My letter pointed out that this is very naive of him to presume that anyone's job is secure in today's job market and that he doesn't have to worry about having to fill his own belly. I said that he needs to take a missions trip (away from home) with a church group or another group to experience what most of the world has to experience on a daily basis and, when he is done, he can return to the loving arms of his mother so she can feed him. After the letter appeared, I received a memo in my mailbox from the former president of Minnesota State University-Moorhead when I was attending school there. He agreed with what I said and was equally as bothered as I.

I will say the same thing about this, as well as Heath's comments. Sure, I've scolded a cat when scratched, but I have never, ever done anything like this or even to the point of killing a cat over this. Most cats are very nice and loving and I just can't imagine a group of boys (emphasis "boys" which means they're not men) doing this. I have pity on their families and hope the prosecution throws the book at all of them.

Have a nice summer, boys, heard they're looking for "girlfriends" down at juvie. :bye: :naughty:

Heath said:
Most boys have killed a cat at one time or another. It does not mean I am a horrible person. You should know by now after reading this thread.

YOU ARE STILL HORRIBLE.

IT IS NOT OK TO KILL A CAT OR OTHER PET OR OTHER ANIMALS...DOES NOT MATTER WHETHER YOU WERE A KID OR NOT.

pek1 said:
Heath,

Many of your posts and threads are war-related and have many, many gross pictures. Most of us do not read crap like that, nor do we get our jollies out of posting crap like that.

Now we know why some of your far out comments are absolutely sickening. :crazy: :barf:

Are you sure you "grew up fine?" I question.

Do you see me in prison for a serious crime like murder ? No, I know way better than that and I never will rape a woman. It is not in my nature. I also have a sister of my own and if anybody ever did anything to my sister or my nieces or you name it then he is already dead.

My family has a long line of being in the U.S. Military and being in law enforcement. After 9/11/01, I started to learn how to really defend myself, hand to hand combat and things like that but would I use it in the wrong way? No. I would not be like some nutcase on top of the tower like the U of Texas at Austin college tower, that guy with his USMC training took a rifle and sniped people or anything like that.

I know the difference between the right way and the wrong way to use the military training I learned and picked up. That is only reserved for if we have another 9/11/01 type of attack then in the defense of my country. I will fight if needed.

You could say I grew up on a steady diet of war books and growing up from a boy into a man. You would be very surprised I lead a very peaceful and a honest hard working life and I don't do any of those things. You should know by now that boys sometimes are cruel to animals but the boys stop there and grow up to be adults and never do anything to a cat ever again. I have never hurt a cat since I was a kid and as an adult man. I leave cats alone.

The cat could be some old lady's lifeline and companion or something like that. I have much more respect for animals and human life. You should know that by now.

Last edited:
Back