Should the legal drinking age change?

Tamara said:
Hey, just a question to tell you did you know that listerine, a fresh mouth washer?

Well do you allow your children to gurgle this drink? it contain alcohlic too, thats why the Australian police tells all P-drivers not to try it because it will give their breathezler an alcohlic reading bac!!!

Yes Tamara and Listerine is also good medicine if you do not have anything on hand. It will burn for sure... but it is alots better than getting an infection that could turn very painful or even life threatening. There must be a website that details the 101 uses of Listerine.

Liebling:-))) said:
Interesting, what about flavor additives? Of course we all including underage children eat some of flavor additives... Did you know about that? If not, then check food labels...

Did you know that Many liquid flavors or powder alcohol as an ingredient?

Yes, flavor additives foods such as sodas, ice cream, salad dressings, powder, cakes, cookies, sauces etc masked as alcohol. The flavor additives is form of alcohol, oil, coloring etc. Of course, also medical, too. ;) What about that?

I alway make sure that any foods are alcohol free after check back of food label before buy them.

I would suggest everyone to check the back of foods label (canned, powder packet, etc). It written "Flavor".

Would you also sue government, too because some of alcohol in flavor additives? Yes, it's also legal to add alcohol in flavor additives, medicial...etc.

That is different, Don't start going off-topic now, It seems like a habit of you going off-topic a lot bringing up something to just cover your base. I am not going to say it again and again and again. I do NOT believe the same as you and I would not give my children a sip of anything you do with your children, If you want your children to drink that's your problem, If you want to break the law, That's your problem too. I am going to follow the law and the safely of my children. You worried about yours and I worried about mine. Medicine is medicine, food is food, beer, mixed drink, wine coolers, etc. are alcohol and are not necessary for life! End of the discussion!

Cheri, I don't see how Liebling is going off topic. She is speaking a voice of concern for the kid's safety and that is the woman's instinicts to speak up for the children. I don't see a conflict of interest here. Liebling is saying she checks the food label to make sure it is alochol free and she wanted to make sure to let you guys know about the dangers of flavor additives. She suggests you do the same to protect your children from those harmful effects. She is staying on topic as far as I can see. Sometimes it is alittle healthy to go off topic for a few mintunes then get back on the topic. :) :thumb:

Tamara said:
I must admit I didn't know its is LEGAL to serve alcohlic to underage children until my teenager daughter's older friend told us it is ok to drink alcohlic for any ages I thought she's making it up........................ until I went to see the Licencer Pub Owner and question him as I am naive about it as children knows more from their High School friends!!! :grouphug:

He said it is ok if I or any parents order alcohlic drinks for underage children if we order their meals too. They won't accept if I order a bowl of chip with alcohlic drink.

My middle daughter is 14, I order a Vodka bottle - 275ml (4.8% ALC/VOL) with raspberry flavour UDL, she drank it all with a meal. She is fine and alert.

I won't order alcohlic bottle for my other 11 years old daughter because to me she is still underage and too young.

The Pub Owner said he will lose his licence and heavy fine, perhaps closure of this hotel if he served alcohlic to underage children without parent's permission.

He will serve it to anyone who is 18 with ID.

Please remember I am European and brought up this culture, as I respect your decision to serve alcohlic to 21 years old and over likewise. ;)

Yes, it's exact same with here in Germany and other Europe countries, too. The Pub or resturant owners will get in trouble for serve alcohol illegal to the children without parental's permission.

The resturant owners do not like to serve wine or beer to underage children IF they eat nothing or fries unless there're proper meal.

Heath said:
Cheri, I don't see how Liebling is going off topic. She is speaking a voice of concern for the kid's safety and that is the woman's instinicts to speak up for the children. I don't see a conflict of interest here. Liebling is saying she checks the food label to make sure it is alochol free and she wanted to make sure to let you guys know about the dangers of flavor additives. She suggests you do the same to protect your children from those harmful effects. She is staying on topic as far as I can see. Sometimes it is alittle healthy to go off topic for a few mintunes then get back on the topic. :) :thumb:

Mind your own business Heath, You have no idea what you are talking about, She gives her children alochol did you know that? Then if you don't know then you need to re-read the whole thread before jumping on me. Understood? :)

Cheri said:
Mind your own business Heath, You have no idea what you are talking about, She gives her children drinks did you know that? Then if you don't know then you need to re-read the whole thread before jumping on me. Understood? :)

In Germany and all over Europe it is legal and is a way of life. Alochol does not get abused nearly as bad as here in America.

Tamara said:
Hey, just a question to tell you did you know that listerine, a fresh mouth washer?

Well do you allow your children to gurgle this drink? it contain alcohlic too, thats why the Australian police tells all P-drivers not to try it because it will give their breathezler an alcohlic reading bac!!!

http://www.geocities.com/brodavelister/scribble/lister_1.htm

I was like wow after read your link. Yes, it's not just listerine but other medications, too. My hubby & I used listerine with recommend from dentist to improve teeth and gum.
I got bronchiolitis drops (medication) from doctor last Monday. I read back of label saying that I should not drive for 2 hours after take drops.

Heath said:
Yes Tamara and Listerine is also good medicine if you do not have anything on hand. It will burn for sure... but it is alots better than getting an infection that could turn very painful or even life threatening. There must be a website that details the 101 uses of Listerine.

Yes, correct. Alcohol is also good to heal wounds, too.

Wow :shock:

Cheri said:
That is different,

No, they are the same.

Don't start going off-topic now, It seems like a habit of you going off-topic a lot bringing up something to just cover your base.

No, I do not make topic off posts here what I made is referring to alcohol because all what I see posts here claim 100% negatively about alcohol instead of cons and pros… That's how I am trying to explain the pros and cons about alochol issues. There're no cover as what you claim but show you the example, cons and pros....

I am not going to say it again and again and again. I do NOT believe the same as you and I would not give my children a sip of anything you do with your children, If you want your children to drink that's your problem, If you want to break the law, That's your problem too. I am going to follow the law and the safely of my children. You worried about yours and I worried about mine.

Huh? :eek: I thought you know what is this forum for is share our feedback, opinion, agree and disagree etc. *sigh* ..... Never mind...

I do not need to add my post because Health said is correct. He and some of people understood that it's part of nature Europe culture to allow to serve the underage children under Parental Legal supersivion which different as America.

Medicine is medicine, food is food, beer, mixed drink, wine coolers, etc. are alcohol and are not necessary for life! End of the discussion!

Alcohol is Alcohol. ;) I simple ASK you either you know or not that alcohol hidden in nutrition. You do not need to be panic because I ASK you simple question...

Cheri's post
Mind your own business Heath, You have no idea what you are talking about, She gives her children alochol did you know that? Then if you don't know then you need to re-read the whole thread before jumping on me. Understood?

NO, you need to re-read, not Health because you claimed that I break the law... *shake the head* I repeat in my previous posts that it's legal for the parents to provide their children in the home at any ages in Europe...

I choose to defend myself because the people do not understand what difference between moderation and immoderation drinker but criticize against alcohol and label/blame alcohol in negatively/also critizing against sip of alcohol to children instead of "disagree". I can see that I'm not only one who share my post about my culture where I grew up because I'm also European, too.

It's not alcohol, you blame to but it's people who choose to drink immorderately.

You can’t expect everyone please others with their posts because they have the right to entitle their opinions with agree and disagree respectful and we just have to learn to see which ones are valid and also pros and cons instead of negative ALL THE TIME.

I choose to share my thoughts about my culture where I live because I’m disagree without criticizing anyone here in first place.

Anyway, I do not appreciate the tone of your post toward me because of my simple questions.

Heath said:

Yes, it's correct that we entitled our opinions in general way because it's children's safety we concern about.

Correct, some of flavor additives are dangerous and affect the people's health if they eat a lot. Alcohol hiddern in some of flavor additivies..., that's why I use any frozen foods, fresh foods and alcohol-free foods. I prefer to teach my children to drink moderately than eat a lot of flavor additives where the alcohol hiddern because we didn't know how many %vol of alcohol they add in flavor additives.

Thank you for make right point what you know from my posts...

Last edited:
Hi Liebling, if I lived in Europe I would permit my kids to drink a glass of wine with their dinner and if they want alittle more, just ask.

Europeans are far more healthy than Americans are.

Alcohol helps older women's grey cells
http://www.nutraingredients.com/news/news-ng.asp?n=55098-alcohol-helps-older

Older women who have a drink or two a day have better memory skills than non-drinkers, announced researchers from the University of Texas this week.

"Moderate drinkers reported less depression, had higher self-reported health, performed better on instrumental everyday tasks and had improved memory performance," said Dr. Graham McDougall, associate professor of nursing at the university, in a statement.

The five-year survey, which began in 2001, is looking at men and women with an average age of 75, who live in central Texas.

As part of the study, a group of women were asked to carry out tasks such as remembering a story, the placement of hidden objects, future intentions, and were asked to connect random numbers and letters.
"In addition to their performance on tests, the confidence of those who drank was higher and they used more strategies to facilitate memory," McDougall said.

Those who drank alcohol in moderation did better on the tests than those who did not drink at all, concluded the researchers.

However, this is not necessarily good news for nations like Britain, whose drinkers, according to recent research by market analyst Mintel are increasingly justifying their habits with the findings that it can be good for their health.

The research showed that the number of Brits who drank alcohol because they believed that it could have health benefits had risen from 19 per cent in January 2002, to one in four (26 per cent) consumers questioned in 2004.

But men were considerably more likely to be of the opinion that alcohol was good for their health (30 per cent), compared to 23 per cent of women, with less than 10 per cent of consumers believing that alcohol is bad for you.

The survey of around 1,000 consumers also found that some 21 per cent of men admitted that alcohol is great for relieving stress.

Heath said:
Hi Liebling, if I lived in Europe I would permit my kids to drink a glass of wine with their dinner and if they want alittle more, just ask.

Europeans are far more healthy than Americans are.

i agree ! however i wud ask my kids for holiday meals only when they turn 17 or 18. i dont see any diff. i remmy i was offered for the wine during the holidays at my ex-parent's home when i was teenager. my ex and her parent dont drink heavy drinks. they simply drink the wines, period. i dont see why the teenageers cant drink the wines at their parents during the holidays. i used my common sense like what right and wrong was when i was teenager.

i admire those europeans a lot because i have a lot of friends who come from south africa, austrailia and new zealand and, of course, europe. we did talk about the differences between our cultures. they admit they laugh at our cultures in some ways but respectfully and i am not surprised what they said. the winery grapes have been grown by the winers in europe for many many many years.. longer than this country and they cant change the cultures for the kids sakes. as long as the parent teach the kids the morals, the kids know what morals would be when they drink.

since i m seeing the heats in this thread, this is my last post eventually ! :ugh2:

blah.gif
<< Liebling:)))

You win,
peace.gif
See ya later! ;)

deafclimber said:
i agree ! however i wud ask my kids for holiday meals only when they turn 17 or 18. i dont see any diff. i remmy i was offered for the wine during the holidays at my ex-parent's home when i was teenager. my ex and her parent dont drink heavy drinks. they simply drink the wines, period. i dont see why the teenageers cant drink the wines at their parents during the holidays. i used my common sense like what right and wrong was when i was teenager.

i admire those europeans a lot because i have a lot of friends who come from south africa, austrailia and new zealand and, of course, europe. we did talk about the differences between our cultures. they admit they laugh at our cultures in some ways but respectfully and i am not surprised what they said. the winery grapes have been grown by the winers in europe for many many many years.. longer than this country and they cant change the cultures for the kids sakes. as long as the parent teach the kids the morals, the kids know what morals would be when they drink.

since i m seeing the heats in this thread, this is my last post eventually ! :ugh2:

:werd:

Yes, the wine and beers grapes are very common in Europe. We have a lot of grapes on everywhere in Germany.

Yes, we are open mind and respect each other about our cultures because we are traveller and understand every different cultures without critizing them. Yes, there's alway cons and pros about our cultures... It's part of our nature culture where we grew up.

Cheri and Liebling, get your cute little buns over here now... :pissed:

Come on girls, don't make me pull both of your legs here... :grouphug:..

so quit agruing with each others before I get my whip out.... :whip:

:giggle:

^Angel^ said:
Cheri and Liebling, get your cute little buns over here now... :pissed:

Come on girls, don't make me pull both of your legs here... :grouphug:..

so quit agruing with each others before I get my whip out.... :whip:

:giggle:

Please join with me for a song...

"American Idiot" Based on the performance by Green Day
"Drunk Idiot" Parody by Dylan Gray

:dj:
:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
nations most awesomely bad song
don't want to be a drunk idiot
living in the this full nation ran by a drunk idiot
can you hear the sounds of wrecks
the drunk idiot running this nation.

welcome to the drunk nation
all across kansas
where everything is mest up
forget the dreams of tomorrow.

we're the nation in america
well maybe i'm drunk america
don't the rest of this song
cauz it makez sense.

the point to the this song
is meant to be sang
don't want a record deal
becauz i suck at singing.
:applause: :applause: :applause:
:cheers:

:ugh: umm...intersting...well thanks for sharing umm the song yeah..the song! :thumb:

Back