Should the legal drinking age change?

diehardbiker65 said:
Actually it would be great idea, but plm is organized crimes and black market will flourish, not worth it.
Better, we should set to legal drinking age to at least 25 ( real growing up age ) and we should restrict the places where alcohol are sold.. and we should encourage children to focus on sports, emotions,book reading and etc.. The more parents improve themselves the better children avoid alcohol.. Restricting legal age is not efficient.. there must be different social approaches to solve this issue.. otherwise new generations would be lost inside alcohol...
-------- love always :)

HawaiiJo said:
Should raise it to 27 necause thats the true 'maturity' age for modern and present age people.
That's wicked!!!
Even I think 21 is old ripe age to start drinking too.

Cheri,
MADD support againist drunk driver for any age.. not point for young children!

I've been there and seen lot of families who pain their feelings lost love ones reason want againist DRUNK DRIVER..
Whoever drank awful lot too much alcholic in their body system reason why not thinking or control enough as well.

I can understand law is law.. pointless too much stricter everything turns into sour more... Lot of Young teenagers have to wait til 21.. when turn 21 yrs old and already out of control become lead into DRUNK already and not even think and drove way...

End up.. freaky accidently..
I"ve seen lot lot of news around North America of rate percentage.. Mostly over 21 to eldery wha..ever.. Depends age whoever drunk driving is part of responbile and should in control drinking... why can't call cab for their safety ?

Have you researched about underage has been gone freaky accident while drunk driver? Lowest rate percentage.. compare w/over 21 of age...

No such thing, why necessary bring more increase law.. Pointless..
Parent can teach their child(s) about alocholic stuff and any general discussion.. which important let them know..
Do you think your child(s) will listen you as well ?? Will come end up freak accident and how will you can handle your child(s) ?

That pretty diffculties for this situation..
I'm not here for let my children can OKAY use drinking.. No.. just for Holiday occisains "wine" that light ones.. for whisky or beer.. no way which young children aren't ready delevopling their body system.. If suppose behind your back.. ahh there's just happends your or my child(s) already drunk and passed out.. Of course I do not pleasant but their choice being deserved mistake what did took it wrong thing.. Your or my child(s) will learn lesson... "smell coffee".

MADD stands for (Mothers Against Drunk Driving) is an organization of mothers whose children have been killed in drunk. So, Yes, this organization is about how to save children from alcohol not any age! I live in America all my life and I know their organization. Like it or not, it is clear that more young people were killed on the highways when they were drinking illegal. Now, If American wanted to lower the age to under 21, MADD will fight all the way to make sure it stays the age of 21 and I will support that. Did you know that in 1960-1970 the drinking legal age was set to 18? In many of these states there were increase in highway deaths. When they move the legal age to 21 the highway death had dropped down. What's the differences? It's saves more lives! ;)

How are my children are going to seek behind my back and drink when nobody is allow to sell alcohol to minors, If it appeared to be at a party then the person who is in charge will be fully responsible and I'll make sure I press charge against the other party who serve alcohol to my child. Parents have a responsibility to teach their children the facts of life, if they give my boys any sip of alcohol they will be pressed charge by me, weather you're my friend or not. My boys come first before friendships nor relationships, because my boys future are in my hands, either I stand up or I don't and I choose to stand up for my boys whoever broke the law by serving alcohol to my kids, they are not going to get away with it. Somebody better watch their back. :thumb:

Cheri said:
How are my children are going to seek behind my back and drink when nobody is allow to sell alcohol to minors, If it appeared to be at a party then the person who is in charge will be fully responsible and I'll make sure I press charge against the other party who serve alcohol to my child. Parents have a responsibility to teach their children the facts of life, if they give my boys any sip of alcohol they will be pressed charge by me, weather you're my friend or not. My boys come first before friendships nor relationships, because my boys future are in my hands, either I stand up or I don't and I choose to stand up for my boys whoever broke the law by serving alcohol to my kids, they are not going to get away with it. Somebody better watch their back.

:gpost: Well said sis.....

No difference, Still part of charged which involved other young children or teenagers..
Still counts..

wait and see if your child(s) got trouble and behind your back... I would same thing if my kid did do that to me.. their choice..
Got colsucin(sp) end up the court... press charge or goes to Community service.
Parent fault.? Yeah but still trying effort you try your best displince your child or my child whatever..
Impossible adquate your child(s) all the time.. even 1 blink eye.. Just happends.

Nobody perfect like you and everone too..
*smile*
:ily: everyone!

True GalaxyAngel, our children will sometimes go behind our back by doing something that we may not approve of, but it doesn't help the situation if any parents allow their children to have a sip of alcohol in front of them and not thinking they wouldn't go behind their back and drink more.... so no matter whether anyone do allow their children to take a sip of alcohol, they could and may be more tempted to go behind your back by getting more and more....Don't be surprise and say why would they do that if we allow them to do it in front of us, reality is when they are able to do it, they're more likely to do more of it when we are not watching...

But parents should know better by obeying the laws then breaking it by allowing their children to drink alchohol in the early age when the laws says otherwise....

Tsk tsk on the parents for allowing that to happen...if they do not exercise extra care if some parents allow a chid of theirs to take a sip or two

GalaxyAngel said:
Got colsucin(sp) end up the court... press charge or goes to Community service.
Parent fault.? Yeah but still trying effort you try your best displince your child or my child whatever..
Impossible adquate your child(s) all the time.. even 1 blink eye.. Just happends.

:confused: How is it my fault? I did not offer them a sip of alcohol, Someone else did, that person broke the law not me. Children do not get alcohol by going to the store and pursharse because there a law, if you sell alchol to a minor you'll be jailed and fined.

Cheri said:
:confused: How is it my fault? I did not offer them a sip of alcohol, Someone else did, that person broke the law not me. Children do not get alcohol by going to the store and pursharse because there a law, if you sell alchol to a minor you'll be jailed and fined.

Look Cheri, I wasn't pointing finger you.. I'm speaking general.. cuz I'm only say "If you're willing sip your child while special ossicain events likely eg: christmas, New Year, July 4th or wha..ever depends special holidays" Isn't harm.. No...
IF you can handle and know how do that... That's fine.. as long you're good handle.. of course.. as long your choice.. ain't mine business.. I do respect everyones likely european cultures.. I've seen my friend who european and allow them sip their child and have together family celebrating for special ossicain. I cannot say anything more about them..
If you're already warn your child or my child... about isn't proprite booze for you.. Your or my child will say.. *nodding* yeah.. but still will come behind your back.. doesn't know what happending next.. Unexpect your or my child already passed out and empty beer or whisky wha..ever ? Depend that really seriouis situation crititail so..
Im not here *pointing finger at you.. Ohh Cheri is bad.. " No I never say that.. Just Im telling anyone whoever.. just let them know.. which I've been there already seen my older son had it! So I thought I carried it to you "let u know" in case if your child/teenager may future turns into rebel you or more any kinds.
That's all
Sorry you was thought am I saying to you.. no no no..
Hey Cheri, Give me a hug! :hug: You're doing great MOTHER.. and wonderful young children fine! *wink*~ ;)

If someone sell booze to your child.. Yes you may rights press charge to that person who trying to sell.. Unless your child can tell police of your story..

Means not your fault.. no..

If someone sell boose to your child... and already drank the bottle.. means cannot blame to someone.. Press charge will come both! Diffculites sides story..

That scary for me.. Yes.. I'm truth.. big time.. yes! :eek:

They should develop a drug that gives kids hangovers. Then, the kids will know what it feels like. ;)

Cheri said:
How do you know that for fact that they don't agree with MADD's? It been a popluar program for a long time. I've seen people march for MADD's. I believe and support them too. ;)

How I know? Well, I learn from websites... I see the pointless what MADD made... They claimed that alochol hurt brain... :roll: Look at alochols in the world... Did we all suffer brain disorder or what? It make no sense. It look like that MADD didn't know what moderately drinker is but negative all the time. *shake the head* It look like that they blame only alcohol to kill teens driving. It's not just alcohol but their immaturely.

I support Alex Koroknay-Palicz to MADD.

Liebling:-))) said:
How I know? Well, I learn from websites... I see the pointless what MADD made... They claimed that alochol hurt brain... :roll: Look at alochols in the world... Did we all suffer brain disorder or what? It make no sense. It look like that MADD didn't know what moderately drinker is but negative all the time. *shake the head* It look like that they blame only alcohol to kill teens driving. It's not just alcohol but their immaturely.

I support Alex Koroknay-Palicz to MADD.

:confused: You said "Most Americans don't like MADD" Now, It looks like it just you.

Most of Americans disagree with MADD´s view where you put your link, Cheri. I´m agree with Americans forums where I added my links

And Yes, It does effect the brain when someone drinks. I know because I did drank before. Why do people act goofy when they drink? Some don't even remember how they behave when they drink, while some other do but they still act stupid. They cannot help themselves it's the drink that makes them that way. That's the matter of fact. ;)

Cheri said:
How are my children are going to seek behind my back and drink when nobody is allow to sell alcohol to minors,

Yes, they can - to wrong crowds who know about illegal dealing - drugs and drinking. ;)

^Angel^
True GalaxyAngel, our children will sometimes go behind our back by doing something that we may not approve of,

Would you want them do that?

but it doesn't help the situation if any parents allow their children to have a sip of alcohol in front of them and not thinking they wouldn't go behind their back and drink more....

No true, I know from experience in Europe - nobody hide from their parents because they are allow to drink under parental's supersivon. It's about teaching children to drink in moderation in social settings (i.e. a glass of wine with dinner)

so no matter whether anyone do allow their children to take a sip of alcohol, they could and may be more tempted to go behind your back by getting more and more....Don't be surprise and say why would they do that if we allow them to do it in front of us, reality is when they are able to do it, they're more likely to do more of it when we are not watching...

No, Germans and other Europeans grew up, they were allowed to have sips of alcohol except spirits. None of them have drinking problems.

The children are more likely to be irresponsible and silly and also binge-drinking or behave immoderate way when they get the chance to have it if the parents denied to them until they're old enough to legally buy their own. I know what I'm saying because of my first drinking behavior when I was 16 years old with crowds until we reached legal drinking age (18) because I never being taught how to respect alcohol in moderately way. Yes, most of British didn't know what moderation drinking is but binge-drinking for the fun.
I TOTALLY beleive that responsible drinking habits begin at home and let young people have the sense that they are joining in with the adults, learning table and drinking manners, etc. and lets them see that drinking is a social thing.

But parents should know better by obeying the laws then breaking it by allowing their children to drink alchohol in the early age when the laws says otherwise....

Tsk tsk on the parents for allowing that to happen...if they do not exercise extra care if some parents allow a chid of theirs to take a sip or two

Respectfully disagree.

It is scary to know that it's illegal for underaged children to drink in the home under the parental's supersivion in America. I find it's sad that the parents are arrest for providing their children with alcohol in their house because the children didn't learn how to respect alcohol and learn to know that the wine is a common family thing. I also find sad that the kids were denied romantic feelings. Wine was treated as food to be enjoyed with the family and usually on special occasions.. I feel a glass of wine with dinner is part of the meal and relax evenings! My both sons are not interesting to try more sip of alochol since they have beent tried. They drink half of sip champagne to toast each other on New Year. I filled orange juice in champagne to diluted alcohol after toast each other with champagne.

If you educate your children to eat meals at the table (not in their laps and front of the TV, reading while eating) because of 'sociable' occasion. The wine should go with food but without distraction then your children will grow up appreciating both food and wine - and won't abuse either. Of course you can diluted wine (half wine & half water). Most young children think wine tastes disgusting - when offered a sip. They won't go off and try drinking with wrong crowd when they know drinking taste disgusting?

It's legal for underaged children to drink in the home under the supervision of their parents in most Europe countries including Germany. It's legal for teenagers to drink beer and wine at age 16 only without parental supervision in Germany. Yes, the people are pretty crazy with drinking law when there're public or under parental's supervision when they turn 21 and then drunk all the time and then abuse the substance because it's "forbidden to them until legal age. They didn't know what moderation is.

Cheri said:
:confused: You said "Most Americans don't like MADD" Now, It looks like it just you.

No, it's not just me. I would suggest you to visit google to find American forums... That's how I learn from them and agree with them what they thought about MADD... ;)

I already added few links in my previous posts what they think about MADD...

And Yes, It does effect the brain when someone drinks. I know because I did drank before. Why do people act goofy when they drink? Some don't even remember how they behave when they drink, while some other do but they still act stupid. They cannot help themselves it's the drink that makes them that way. That's the matter of fact. ;)

Because you drank immorderately ;) I know what I'm saying about I also drank immoderately myself, too when I was 16 years old. I know what it's alike... horrible... sick... can't remember etc... I never being taught how to drink moderately way by my parents until I began to learn what alochol is after married and live in Germany.

Cheri said:
Parents have a responsibility to teach their children the facts of life, if they give my boys any sip of alcohol they will be pressed charge by me, weather you're my friend or not. My boys come first before friendships nor relationships, because my boys future are in my hands, either I stand up or I don't and I choose to stand up for my boys whoever broke the law by serving alcohol to my kids, they are not going to get away with it. Somebody better watch their back. :thumb:

Interesting, what about flavor additives? Of course we all including underage children eat some of flavor additives... Did you know about that? If not, then check food labels...

Did you know that Many liquid flavors or powder alcohol as an ingredient?

Yes, flavor additives foods such as sodas, ice cream, salad dressings, powder, cakes, cookies, sauces etc masked as alcohol. The flavor additives is form of alcohol, oil, coloring etc. Of course, also medical, too. ;) What about that?

I alway make sure that any foods are alcohol free after check back of food label before buy them.

I would suggest everyone to check the back of foods label (canned, powder packet, etc). It written "Flavor".

Would you also sue government, too because some of alcohol in flavor additives? Yes, it's also legal to add alcohol in flavor additives, medicial...etc.

GalaxyAngel said:
IF you can handle and know how do that... That's fine.. as long you're good handle.

Yes, that's right.

If someone sell booze to your child.. Yes you may rights press charge to that person who trying to sell.. Unless your child can tell police of your story..

Exactly... it's illegal if anyone try to sell booze to underage children - it's understandable to file a lawsuit against dealer.

Do you think the law would interest to listen anyone who file a lawsuit over that sip of alcohol where the children receive from their friend under parental supersvion? Nope, because they would say "Why your children take and drink when they know they are not allow to drink then"?

I beleive MADD's supporters are too overreacted when alochol comes. Okay for teens driving legal age, drugs, smoking and gun legal age. :roll: This is an absolutely ridiculous!

Last edited:
GalaxyAngel said:
Extactly...
let them go and learn will come better..

If didn't learn will come worst..
their choices.. preferences..

Exactly

Of course I has to admit that I’m a terrible mother who allows my underage children to have sip of wine, champagne or beer in my home under legal parental supervision and want my children became alocholic, irresponsibly, immoderation, etc. :lol:

Yes, I'm terrible mother to give cons and pros (negative and positive) information about drinking, drugs, smoking etc to my children because I beleive my children deserve the truth about negatives and positive over alcohol, smoking, drugs, guns etc instead of hide positive from them then they will find out the truth later that we hide the positive from them...

I know MADD’s supporters will admit that they agree with me. :lol:

I must admit I didn't know its is LEGAL to serve alcohlic to underage children until my teenager daughter's older friend told us it is ok to drink alcohlic for any ages I thought she's making it up........................ until I went to see the Licencer Pub Owner and question him as I am naive about it as children knows more from their High School friends!!! :grouphug:

He said it is ok if I or any parents order alcohlic drinks for underage children if we order their meals too. They won't accept if I order a bowl of chip with alcohlic drink.

My middle daughter is 14, I order a Vodka bottle - 275ml (4.8% ALC/VOL) with raspberry flavour UDL, she drank it all with a meal. She is fine and alert.

I won't order alcohlic bottle for my other 11 years old daughter because to me she is still underage and too young.

The Pub Owner said he will lose his licence and heavy fine, perhaps closure of this hotel if he served alcohlic to underage children without parent's permission.

He will serve it to anyone who is 18 with ID.

Please remember I am European and brought up this culture, as I respect your decision to serve alcohlic to 21 years old and over likewise. ;)

Hey, just a question to tell you did you know that listerine, a fresh mouth washer?

Well do you allow your children to gurgle this drink? it contain alcohlic too, thats why the Australian police tells all P-drivers not to try it because it will give their breathezler an alcohlic reading bac!!!

http://www.geocities.com/brodavelister/scribble/lister_1.htm

Last edited:
Back