You're a 90's kids if...

I noticed that too Lucia. 90% of what was mentioned actually started in the 80s. It looks like you and I were the lucky ones to live back then. The 80s were a great decade. :D

Yeah, the 80s was just too awesome. :laugh2:

Same here. The Challenger explosion happened when I was in 9th grade. I'll never forget it because I watched CNN during my science class when it happened. :(

Yeah I was about 6 years old when that happened, I saw it on TV with my mom. She had to explain to me what happened because I did not understand why they were showing pictures of the astronauts that were in the Challenger, she had to tell me that the Challenger blew up and they were all killed. There was no captions yet, or we didn't have our hands on a CC box yet (I didn't get one til I was 8). So mom interpreted everything that I watched on TV (she was fluent in ASL by the time I was 9 and she had done some amateur interpreting for other people).

Lucia,

Your experience at 6 years old with the Challenger explosion reminds me of what it was like for me when I was 6 and 10 years old.

When I was 6, Elvis died and my mother cried for days. She was a huge Elvis fan, but never explained what happened.

When I was 10, Ronald Reagan was shot. I didn't understand that either, but my mother talked about this with me and if I remember correctly, we also discussed it in class at school.

MTV started in 1981 and played music videos 24 hours a day. They didn't play all of this reality program cr*p they do now. :roll:

90's were great because my little brother and I ditched HS a bunch so we could go skiing. :giggle:

I remember watching President Clinton being inaugurated and some years later being impeached. I remember when the Arkansas Razorbacks had an athletic program to be reckoned with.

I remember when bingo was still legal in Arkansas.

I remember the OKC bombing being shown on TV when I was in the 5th grade

I remember when Savage Garden became a worldwide sensation are still the most successful Australian exports to date. Even Keith Urban hasn't sold as many albums as SG did in the 4 years they were together. I still think Darren Hayes has a great voice.

I remember Barney (I actually hated that show).

I remember when my grandparents got a Satellite Dish that was as big as the house.

I remember waking up to my parents alarm clock and hearing the lyrics "In your arms tonight.....".

I remember the 1996 Olympics in Atlanta.

I remember a lot of the 1990's as I started in Kindergarten in the fall of 1989 and I graduated from high school in 2002.

I'm surprise that none of you mention Selena the Mexican-American singer! I remember I was a fan of her and I still do remember her death when I was only eight. :(

Do you remember ...

* the Chicago Bulls were the best team ever?

* You remember playing on merry go rounds...at the play ground and see-saws?

* You owned a trapperkeeper?

* You wanted to sit on the orange Nickelodeon couch?

* You collected all the Troll dolls?

* Yikes pencils and erasers were the stuff?

* Watching The Magic School Bus, Wishbone, and Reading Rainbow on PBS.?

* The craze, then the banning of slap bracelets and slam books?

* You took plastic cartoon lunch boxes to school?

* Watching Doug, Ren & Stimpy, Pinky and the Brain , and Two Stupid Dogs, and AAAAAAAH real monsters (I can't remember more! ><;; )?

* Else?

I really liked that "Wishbone" show - had a dog in it! :D

I remember Trapperkeeper....

and the slambooks.....

and the OKC bombing..........it was on my college graduation-

.....and the Olympics.....

....and Selena <who saw the movie?>

oh HA, and Lucia, I DIDN'T know they had this "Packerena" but am not surprised:giggle:

<I don't care about the Packers personally>

Back