Your opinion on Marlee Matlin?

A friend of mine told me of an incident that happened at his high school. It turned out that she was from that high school and that school had asked her to come give a speech at the graduation ceremony for the graduating senior class. She was staying some place that was a couple miles (or less?) down the road. She said that she would accept the invitation only if they provided her a limo to drive her down the road to the school. Boy, talk about being greedy and selfish!

VamPyroX said:
A friend of mine told me of an incident that happened at his high school. It turned out that she was from that high school and that school had asked her to come give a speech at the graduation ceremony for the graduating senior class. She was staying some place that was a couple miles (or less?) down the road. She said that she would accept the invitation only if they provided her a limo to drive her down the road to the school. Boy, talk about being greedy and selfish!

Hinsdale South High School or Streamwood?

Nuffin new about Marlee Matlin and her attitude. She was such a bitch and snob when she first won the Oscar for 'Children of a Lesser God' in '86 -- she had gotten invited to CSDF (my alumnus school) where I was still a student in high school. Everyone were congegrated at the Little Theatre for her to show up and answer questions, etc. She was only 21 at the time -- so she was still a bit on the immature side at the time as well.
She was so rude to several students and even ordered a tiny teacher to sit down (teacher had stood up so she could be seen, raising her hand to ask a question)

After that, I was turned off by her attitude. She was still like that 5 years later when I saw her in L.A. - I was living there and was attending a meeting and she showed up there...absolutely ignored the deaf group there and kept her back to us while talking to hearing people across the aisle. :roll:

BTW -- I think this thread is a :repost:...MODS, care to check and see? If so, merge them together, please? Ta! :thumb:

OMG... I can´t beleive what person she is now...
I watch nearly all of her movies.... She is a good actress but I can´t image that she´s real snobby lady... :eek2:

Is it true that Marlee Matlin dated Actor William Hurt for a short time? after they did the movie together "Children of a Lesser God" Personally I do not know her in Real Life Never Met her before. But I Did thought she was a good person after seeing her Movies and T.V.Shows.

Hmmm....repost or not...here goes...

I've admired Marlee's work in movies, and in the TV show, "Picket Fences." However, I've heard less than favorable things about her and her attitude, so I'm not sure that I would want to meet her. I've had a taste or two of fame, and it can be overwhelming, but still...if you can't show some appreciation for the people who take the time to watch your films and learn more about you, then you really don't deserve to be famous.

Wanted to be an actress for a while...I certainly would have been a bit nicer than she! LOL.

Malfoyish

Yeah Marlee Matlin sounds like an outright self-centered bitch. She looks like a bitch too. I've only ever seen her on Hollywood Squares and she didn't do much other than annoy me. I havent seen her movies though. I should...but yeah, from what i've read she's quite a bitch.

Wow! I didnt realize how much Marlee was a bitch! I loved her movie in Children of Lesser God.. That was a good movie... I didnt realize she was a bitch to the deaf community.. I dont think she really accepts who she really is :deaf: !!! Oh well, I think she just wants to fit in so she acts hearing and snobby and all.. Oh well... She did write a book that was really good.. It kind of related to me when I was younger... Its called Deaf Child Crossing.. Anyone heard of it or read it? Just wondering since you guys brought up Marlee Matlin.... Well i do agree that shes a bitch but she has good movies, etc.... I guess deaf bitches do good in entertainment.. :lol:

Let me tell u a short story abt Marlee. When I was a student at Gallaudet in 1987. Marlee was there for Gallaudet homecoming. I was walking on the audition stairs and saw all the deaf people look up and I was like huh? I turned around and saw Marlee were sitting middle of the audition and act show off to everyone. I snorted and walked away. When Gallaudet football team won, Marlee were running down on the field with the football players and waving and jumping. I looked at her and said to myself what the fk is she doing?. I walked away and laughed at Marlee for being so immature. :roll:

WoW, I could say I'm shocked to hear about Marlee Matlin's attitude....For Myself here, I've never met her in person to know her behind the screen of the movies and shows she was in....

I've admired Marlee's work in movies and TV shows over the years....Never once thought she was worse in person.....

I've always lost of taste of people who show off of the things they have done or become or who is just better than the rest of us....

I guess she isn't the famous deaf actress that I could look up to.... :thumbd:

Well, I think that if there's a famous deaf person that we should all really look up to, it is Heather Whitestone. :)

Back