Your opinion on Marlee Matlin?

I had read that MM been speaks and uses signs when she was kid in Chicago, ILL where she grow up in small town near Chicago. I not see why she think she is role model to be deaf if we dont agree with about her background from our experience. so I would have to say DUMP on her for role model. I think other deaf actress around is good role model like Phyllis French (cant remmy right name). :D

Lasza- Yah, I heard about her being RUDE to someone else in TSD so I would whip her :booty: for that. I was there when that happens "rumors flies fast in Texas" :thumb: hugs from me :D

MizzDeaf,

It is Phyllis Frelich.

:) I went to a couple of classes with her brother. and sister
at Gallaudet University.

KingCobra! HISSS!!!

Lasza said:
Hopefully, Marlee Martin regrister at AD someday. Wait for her reach about our negative comments (worth lifetime!).

Actually, I don't like MM at all. She's bitchy at my friend (TexasSD alumnus) with wheelchair. How cold-heart she was!

Gee...I certainly do hope that MM'd come across this site, especially this thread about her -- and REALISE her major short comings and maybe change for the better. ;)
Tough luck on her if she finds it hurtful...she needs to know exactly how she's treated us in general and how it affected us.

I met Phyllis Frelich once at Deaf Expo at CSUN in 1991, she was quite nice and friendly. Answered questions politely and laughed with us all when one of us said a joke, etc! Same with Ed Waterstreet. (both of them starred together in 'Love is Never Silent' along with Julianna Fjeld) -- Julianna directed quite a number of plays at CSDF, she's one fantastic person! ;)

KingCobra said:
MizzDeaf,

It is Phyllis Frelich.

:) I went to a couple of classes with her brother. and sister
at Gallaudet University.

KingCobra! HISSS!!!

Thank you KingCobra for correction me. :D

Lasza said:
Hopefully, Marlee Martin regrister at AD someday. Wait for her reach about our negative comments (worth lifetime!).

Actually, I don't like MM at all. She's bitchy at my friend (TexasSD alumnus) with wheelchair. How cold-heart she was!

:werd: Lasza -- if she ever saw this thread she would realize how bad she came across to the Deaf community -- im surprised on how she was with ur friend who was wheelchair bound -- such a disgrace!

MizzDeaf said:
For me??? No way! She is good at "GODS" but others.... I not think she is good as hearing person. I think she is brag that she is wonderful woman in the world... Me not think SO!!!!! I never want to watch of her movies anymore since I heard about her and etc... about her. FORGET IT. I not appreactice that....

i agree with u MizzDeaf -- shes an idiot :roll:

MM is insane and ninocoop period. Shosanna Smith will take over her someday. MM, better watch out for Shosanna. She is more educated and wiser than she is. DUH, MM. You will become "has-been" actress anytime soon. :fu2: at MM

umm oddball, its not shoshana smith it's Shoshanna Stern just helping u a bit here :) and whats more i agree she's done better and still connects with her deaf community friends i went to school with her she was in elementary when i was in high school how the yrs went by so fast and she's now more reconized for her decicated work, and i saw sho on the Divison with marlee matlin and i could see her eyes going :roll: of her attidute ( MM's attidute) so make sense Sho is better quality for tv and still makes time for her deaf community friends. She comes from a strong deaf community, her whole family's deaf, has a brother name brenden, her dad was the dean of instruction for CSDF before he resigned and went to work in ( i think) NM, and her mom is Hedy Uklovich Stern. was a teacher in the elementary then became the circuluim advisor and deaf culture teacher also worked in other educational divisions classes too. WTG for Sho! now i can say I KNOW her and went to school with her! she made CSDF PROUD!

javapride said:
umm oddball, its not shoshana smith it's Shoshanna Stern just helping u a bit here :) and whats more i agree she's done better and still connects with her deaf community friends i went to school with her she was in elementary when i was in high school how the yrs went by so fast and she's now more reconized for her decicated work, and i saw sho on the Divison with marlee matlin and i could see her eyes going :roll: of her attidute ( MM's attidute) so make sense Sho is better quality for tv and still makes time for her deaf community friends. She comes from a strong deaf community, her whole family's deaf, has a brother name brenden, her dad was the dean of instruction for CSDF before he resigned and went to work in ( i think) NM, and her mom is Hedy Uklovich Stern. was a teacher in the elementary then became the circuluim advisor and deaf culture teacher also worked in other educational divisions classes too. WTG for Sho! now i can say I KNOW her and went to school with her! she made CSDF PROUD!

Slighty off-topic...if anyone wants to know a bit more about who ShoShannah Stern is...you can go and visit this site:
ShoShannah Stern (TvTome)
And on EBAY! I just found some, was shocked! Here you go...
Ebay pics of Sho

Cheers...now back to topic about MM....:roll:

Last edited:
MM may be a bitch, but she is helping the world open their eyes to deaf cultures, ya know? WE can use help we can get, get ppl more aware abt deaf culture, even if we gotta use a bitchy person like MM.

Just my opinion.

marlee matlin

you know, it'z funny....marlee matlin is a famous deaf actress, she's not as famous now but still......i've seen about 5 or 6 moviez by her in blockbuster and none of them was closed captioned

does that strike you as weird?

I've seen her movies with closed captioning? Maybe, you got the wrong version? :dunno: Which movies are you referring to?

skeptikaltruth said:
you know, it'z funny....marlee matlin is a famous deaf actress, she's not as famous now but still......i've seen about 5 or 6 moviez by her in blockbuster and none of them was closed captioned

does that strike you as weird?
reason no closed caption is because marlee matlin wants u all deafies to be oral. :devil:

it isn't worth to watch her movies :D

According to Blockbuster, she starred in 27 shows. I've only seen one, Hear No Evil. That was closed captioned.

1986's Children of a Lesser God had Caption...Hear no Evil had Caption, I Remember all her Movies and T.V. Shows had Caption.

It does have CC. I went to blockbuster myself many times. Back of the box said CC. How can it be no CC? Like Vamp said maybe wrong version u look at it.

My memory is not very good. I remember one or two of these movies have no cc. BUT i dont know about DVD. which viedo tapes or dvd do you use?

Well, I don't blame her attitude because she is constantly hounded by Deafies who are Pro-ASL and Oralists who think she should speak more than sign. If I were in her shoes, no wonder I'd be a bitch, too!

Back