Your idea for new TDD of need

illustrator

Reaction score
What's your ideal about new TDD/TTY that need to be offer?

It could be anything... to make excellent communcaiton or easy to use.

How could they possibly improve TTYs? They all basically do the same thing so there's nothing to improve. TTYs are not like computers. Computers can improve in speed and graphics. TTYs don't improve in speed or graphics cuz all they do is send out what you type and receive what others type in a simple form of text. If you're looking for improvement, then I'd have to say that I would like to see a TTY that can fold out with a color mini-monitor... similar to the SIDEKICK pager.

Originally posted by VamPyroX
How could they possibly improve TTYs? They all basically do the same thing so there's nothing to improve. TTYs are not like computers. Computers can improve in speed and graphics. TTYs don't improve in speed or graphics cuz all they do is send out what you type and receive what others type in a simple form of text. If you're looking for improvement, then I'd have to say that I would like to see a TTY that can fold out with a color mini-monitor... similar to the SIDEKICK pager.

TTY have improve the speed know as Turbo or Fast Type that running faster thru baudot from 40 to 110.

graphic? Krown is right now, interest in LCD instead VFM, which you know most popular old-fasion led make out of thick glasses. LCD could allow to use one display with three different sizes, up to 80 chracters in 2 lines.

Fold Out with a color mini-monitor? French have one, it's called TDI-telecommiunication. The problem is, it's very expensive, and few available in America.

Originally posted by SilenceGold
Spell checker?

:lol:

I can't imagine, if we have to type then make it spell check, until you realize, it's too late because it already split what you have saying. :)

a better vco!!! I like the pvco but I wish it was in the cell instead of attached to it. it would be nice to see a phone with VCO in it and maybe a button so you can complain about a bad operator.

Well, what's wrong with VRS?

I know that some of the dialup users cannot use it..so the idea of VRS would be useless.

Personally, I've never used VRS so I might be saying something about a technology that is awful.

If we are stuck with TDD and want to improve it...there should be several more shortcut keys and the keyboard should be more bigger except for portables. :D

Yeah!! TTYs (old TDDs) will be obsolete in a few years!! VRS is the way to go!! Best of all, you can get a videophone for free as long as you have a fast internet connection and promise to use the Sorenson's VRS for more than 30 minutes per month!!! It is all worth it!! Tell your local Deafies about this deal! The more Deafies sign up for in your area, the sooner it will arrive to your homes!

Go apply at:

http://www.sorensonvrs.com/relay_solutions_vp100_app.php

I use it almost everyday and LOVE every minute of it!! I could sign to someone in another state and not pay for long distance charges. It uses a TV, fast internet connection and a videophone. Awesome!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
why not trade TTY/TDD to communicate through tvs!!! that'll be nice someday!!!

You need to keep use TDD, no matter what happen to you. After any disaster, pager and online will be down. Pretend, it's part of your train before you able to use TDD than rather saying "What is TDD?" :D

It would be nice if most TTY/TDD are portable and battery dependable. Right now, I'm having trouble with battery's life. :ugh: It's always SHORT to like a day then have to plug in to charge it up. What a hassle!

Also, I would love to see most portable TTY/TDD cell phone capability to be able to connected to the flashing light (deaf alert) to let me know that it's ringing (like home/office regular telephone-line). I have researched for a few months and couldn't find anything so far. Maybe you know more than I do?

hmm... how about TDD with two different colors like.... one for red as incoming and blue one for outcoming, so we will know which we are talk.

For sure VRS will greatly reduce people's usage of english. I would rather stick with text based communication, more accurate informations compared to sign language. Interpreter wont translate it perfectly what you want to tell to other people.

By the way, why would tty need LCD? LEDS are good enough, so why need to add more unecessary stuff?

Originally posted by ChelEler
It would be nice if most TTY/TDD are portable and battery dependable. Right now, I'm having trouble with battery's life. :ugh: It's always SHORT to like a day then have to plug in to charge it up. What a hassle!

Also, I would love to see most portable TTY/TDD cell phone capability to be able to connected to the flashing light (deaf alert) to let me know that it's ringing (like home/office regular telephone-line). I have researched for a few months and couldn't find anything so far. Maybe you know more than I do?

The older tty get, the older battery get. So, its battery, they dont last forever.

Originally posted by ChelEler

I, too, would love to see cellphone and TDD combine. But, it's too impossible because of cost and license. I hear the other company tried make parnter with Nokia to build like that. But Nokia said not interest. :(

I want to suggest that TDD/TTY needs to be shrinked... into the similar sizes as telephones.

Why not also make TDD/TTY lightweight as the phone is? I'v ehad too much hassle carrying the TTY around my apartment, and house.

I would rather have a small, lightweight, and quality working TDD/TTY.

Originally posted by philipo
I want to suggest that TDD/TTY needs to be shrinked... into the similar sizes as telephones.

Why not also make TDD/TTY lightweight as the phone is? I'v ehad too much hassle carrying the TTY around my apartment, and house.

I would rather have a small, lightweight, and quality working TDD/TTY.

Krown already have one which is on way...

www.krowntty.com/pocketcomm

Hmm... interesting. Which cellphone will it work with? I can't find it anywhere on the link.

AH FAROUT!! :naughty:

Is there any problem with it so far? Like connection problem? Battery life? Rechargeable? Bag to keep it safe and not ruined? Etc.... I can go on with my list of questions.

Back