Your favorite mall?

i do like mall as long not around christmas season. here in Toledo, I love Franklin Mall and in Oklahomo City, Penn Square Mall

i do like mall as long not around christmas season. here in Toledo, I love Franklin Mall and in Oklahomo City, Penn Square Mall

hehe u dont like to shop at christmas season? lol who cares if there is many ppl? i would go there as long there is sale for me to buy something :D

hehe u dont like to shop at christmas season? lol who cares if there is many ppl? i would go there as long there is sale for me to buy something :D

well, since my bad eyes, hate to bump into people and many are very rude and inconsiderate. and also apathy

old men hangs at malls to find cute teenages. tsk tsk.

LOL! You may be right! I saw on YouTube that a mall rat filmed a video and interviewed an old man who went to the mall daily and I couldnt catch what he said but he likes to look at people.. Who knows! Maybe you are right! Hey, I was a Mall Rat from like 16 to 21... I stopped since I went on to other better stuff to do.

Syracuse was the Mall Captial of the World. Why? At one time, we had 16 shopping malls at the same time! Now that Carousel Center Mall has killed quite a bit of malls and some already converted back to their classic plaza layouts.

Carousel Center Mall. Largest in Syracuse area. It will become Destiny USA. I am against this expansion. It will kill other malls and independent stores.

I'm actually in favor of the Expansion. You have to understand that Mayor Driscoll has made our taxes and Power/Gas company rise almost 200%! I live just five minutes away from Carousel so I and my family see it as a relief from high taxes and high gas/heating/electricity prices. It will also mean a lot of jobs ready for me to tackle after I graduate from RIT.

Santa Monica Promenade nice mall.

Mall of America

That is one bad huge mall! Ha. Did you know that it is very close to where the world's first shopping mall is located? Southdale Mall was built in mid-50s. It declined because of other malls then Mall of America really hammered it. I heard it is now a plaza.

UpstNY,

You should check out Penn Can Mall. It's a nice tribute to the mall. After I checked out the site, I felt like I wanted to work in a nice job so I can save up money to be rich so I can plan to rebuild the mall only this time using the original layout AND the 1993 plans that they were supposed to use for the renovations in 1993!

If I become a successful man, I would revive the penn can mall name using the original 1976-1989 blueprint plans to rebuild the mall on a new location only with the 1993 ideas from their original proposals in 1993.

lol!!!

UpstNY,

You should check out Penn Can Mall. It's a nice tribute to the mall. After I checked out the site, I felt like I wanted to work in a nice job so I can save up money to be rich so I can plan to rebuild the mall only this time using the original layout AND the 1993 plans that they were supposed to use for the renovations in 1993!

If I become a successful man, I would revive the penn can mall name using the original 1976-1989 blueprint plans to rebuild the mall on a new location only with the 1993 ideas from their original proposals in 1993.

Hahha. You have to buy out Burdick's Driver's Village first! Haha. By the way, the clock is back up again since a woman who works for Burdick told me that yesterday. Yeah, you saw the site. I know the guy who owns the site. You can buy mugs or t-shirts if you want!!!! Have fun! lol!!!

I know what you mean and would use the 1993 design but it is now 2007. You might need to redesign it again! LOL!!

Hahha. You have to buy out Burdick's Driver's Village first! Haha. By the way, the clock is back up again since a woman who works for Burdick told me that yesterday. Yeah, you saw the site. I know the guy who owns the site. You can buy mugs or t-shirts if you want!!!! Have fun! lol!!!

I know what you mean and would use the 1993 design but it is now 2007. You might need to redesign it again! LOL!!

No, the new Penn Can mall would be built on an entirely new location where I don't have to turn the Driver's Village back into the mall. It would be built using all the modern technology available at the time so the mall would be able to withstand future blizzards. The new version would include more elevators, fire alarms with strobes. I would also make sure at least one of the screens at the new Penn Can Mall movie theaters support Closed Captioning so deaf people don't have to drive 15 miles and go through three floors just to see a movie! The 1993 design would be slightly modified but it will keep the same idea - "movie motif"

That is one bad huge mall! Ha. Did you know that it is very close to where the world's first shopping mall is located? Southdale Mall was built in mid-50s. It declined because of other malls then Mall of America really hammered it. I heard it is now a plaza.

Southdale Center was actually the first US Mall to be air conditioned, not the first shopping center ever. Well, you're partly right it is one of the new generation malls.

Yeah it has really... *pffhyth* ever since the opening of MOA. Overall, it was just OK. I don't think it's really a plaza yet in my opinion. It looks too mall-ish to me.

I live in Washington...most of our malls have been bought out and renovated into "Westfield Towne Centre". The only one I can think of that closed was the Pavilion Mall (Where I worked in the late 80's). I love malls. I love to people watch. It was a bit better when I could hear & I've only been once since I've been deaf & it was a bit scary because I couldn't hear the people rushing by me...but all in all it was the same as before. My favorite is in Tukwila, WA. It used to be called Southcenter Mall, but it too is a Westfield Towne Centre... Some of our "plaza" style shopping centers have been enclosed and movie theaters added to make malls....Like Lakewood Plaza in Tacoma, WA which was an outdoor mall & is now Lakewood Towne Centre....UGH!

Epcot Center's World Showcase is kind of like a huge outdoor international mall. How about that? :P

There's lots of good shopping and food there!!!! You just have to pay a lot of money to access it.

Back