Your favorite mall?

UpstNYDesigner

Reaction score
This is not a poll but rather, to list your favorite shopping mall or name all malls in your town. If any links, please add! If you have a favorite mall that is no longer a mall, fear not, your mall may have been listed at deadmalls DOT com !! This is a good website to show your dead mall on there and descriptions of it. Many of them but not all of them have pictures of empty malls.

Syracuse was the Mall Captial of the World. Why? At one time, we had 16 shopping malls at the same time! Now that Carousel Center Mall has killed quite a bit of malls and some already converted back to their classic plaza layouts.

Fayetteville Mall (I walked over there from home! Not need a car! Why? TWO short blocks over!) The original look was very 1970s ionic look. Expansion didnt help the mall. Sold to a developer and did a good plan to turn around into a plaza. (now called Towne Center of Fayetteville!?) YUCK! I am still calling it Fayetteville Mall! Haha!

Penn Can Mall. It is a huge chain of car dealerships in the entire mall. There is even website about Penn Can Mall still up! No, not the original though. It shows all old stores, boarded up, secret spots, etc.. Still call it Penn Can instead of Drivers' Village!

ShoppingTown Mall. My favorite of all time. Great mall. Going through 4th translation of its layout. First plaza in area--one of first in nation but late becoming a mall in late 70s.. additionals including food court in late 80s in response to Carousel Mall. Now, it just announced that they will return back to part plaza and part mall. It is pretty dying right now.

Carousel Center Mall. Largest in Syracuse area. It will become Destiny USA. I am against this expansion. It will kill other malls and independent stores.

Camillus Mall. Now a plaza. Still under construction! New name is Camillus Commons. They had a roller rink there once. Nice but too small. It lasted like a year or two. Oh well! Theaters were set seperated from each other in mall!! Bad design!

Great Northern Mall. Still running good! Far from city!

Marketplace Mall. That is where the last Service Merchandise in area used to be! It was too outlet type of mall and who wants to shop there for cheap and lousy stuff!!? It was killed because of Penn Can Mall RIGHT NEXT DOOR TO EACH OTHER!

Marshall Square Mall. Call that a mall? Nah. It had stores though. 3 stories but it is small in square foot each floor the size of a department store. At SU area. Students use it. Dying mall.

Northern Lights Mall. I went there like once. It went dead quickly but turned around nicely back to plaza but dying again thanks to many closures there (rag shop, media play, dollar store all closed within a year!)

Shop City Plaza Mall. Hardly a mall too. Surprised it lasted longer than it should be! They even had money giveaway at the time of grand opening but too many people there and there were stampage. I didnt get any money! Waa! People were rude! Back to plaza.

Fairmont Fair Mall. It was one of first plaza from 1950s along with ShoppingTown. Same developer. Converted to mall in 1970s. Then it was dying and the town there forced developer to demolish it due to violations of code--empty building!! UH!? Well, they changed back to plaza. It is too close to Camillus Mall.

Syracuse Mall. It lasted 3 years! Downtown Syracuse (you can even see on Latest News and More From Syracuse.com webcam facing that brownish building on other side of ice rink. It is real time snapshot of Syracuse!!! Now a radio station and offices there.

The Galleries. That was another attempt to have a mall downtown. It didnt do good since it first opened. The city library is on the third floor of 3 floor mall. Used to have food court but its gone. All boarded up!

Tri-County Mall. It never became Class A mall. It was a B mall. That is, outlet stores, dollar stores, muck smelly place. I heard it will be converted to plaza soon since the owner sold it to someone else.

Seneca Mall. That was hardly a mall. It was a plaza and it is back to plaza again. It only had a short covered mall for stores inside similar to Shop City Mall.

There I have 15 malls but I am missing one more. I need to jog my memories! Haha.

Check your dead malls at deadmalls DOT com Hey CNYers, remember Fayetteville Mall?? I have a map of the mall at the Penn Can Mall website.

Only we have Carousel, ShoppingTown, Great Northern Malls the only surviving true malls.

I don't like mall.

• too many parking to find
• crowd
• all stores are rip-off
• chemical smell
• stores went up and down or miss

I don't have any favorite about mall. I like Park Meadow mall lot because they are very nice buildings. Also I like San Diego mall but I don't remember what name of mall. San Diego mall have outside to walk.

I live near few malls but one is nearest... :) but I'm not gonna say where anyways.. :P

I live near few malls but one is nearest... :) but I'm not gonna say where anyways.. :P

My answer is the same as hers, but we do have a couple of malls about 20-25 mins away from where we live :P

I hate malls... Too many people... I hate large crowds.. but there's a mall I go to sometimes, if there's something I need and it's only sold at the mall, then Ok, i'll go there, otherwise, Hell no.

I am not crazy about the mall. I've been a LOT different malls all my life. So I cannot remember what mall I went when I was a kid. In fact I don't go to the mall unless I have some reason or needs something. I don't mind to take my son to see Santa or Easter Bunny. :)

I agreed with two other members. Too crowds, prices, etc. I don't mind walking around the mall but not with too many people. :cool:

hmm.. I like 'surfing' in malls. They are more comfortable to me. I am shy and I feel more relaxed in crowded stores/shops . heh.

hmm.. I like 'surfing' in malls. They are more comfortable to me. I am shy and I feel more relaxed in crowded stores/shops . heh.

Yup, same here...

I love to shopping at mall, that more worth than Wal-Mart.

Ah, you all are like millions of other Americans since that is why shopping malls are on decline. It used to be like 7 to 8 thousand malls but it is now like a thousand or two left. You know that for a fact that shoppers prefer to shop an average of 22 minutes?? That is short! That is why shoppers do not want to park far then walk in the mall to buy just one item!? So that is why most prefer plazas and free standing or a Big Box (Department Stores like WM or KM or whatever). I have not been in a mall this year since New Year. For last year, perhaps just 2 or 3 times!

I used to be a Mall Rat back in its hey days when I walked to FV Mall and hang around and look at the chicks walking by Arby's in the mall. I would also bring a pad and pen to draw as I eat from Arby's or BK. I also would go play games.. This was during later in high school and after graduation. When I got my car, then we would cruise the Blvd up and down and go to Buttons Arcade. That ended my being a Mall Rat.

A Mall Rat is a person who hang around in malls. Mall people thinks Mall Rats are trouble makers. I was not. They never kicked us out. For others yes. I know of a guy did. He is now the owner of Penn Can Mall website! lol!

The movie of same name really distort everything what a Mall Rat really is. Fast times at Richmond High really closely describe it.

That is why malls around Syracuse changed to plazas.

By the way guys, how come you all dont want to answer it? Are you on Federal Witness program?? lol!

Ah, you all are like millions of other Americans since that is why shopping malls are on decline. It used to be like 7 to 8 thousand malls but it is now like a thousand or two left. You know that for a fact that shoppers prefer to shop an average of 22 minutes?? That is short! That is why shoppers do not want to park far then walk in the mall to buy just one item!? So that is why most prefer plazas and free standing or a Big Box (Department Stores like WM or KM or whatever). I have not been in a mall this year since New Year. For last year, perhaps just 2 or 3 times!

I used to be a Mall Rat back in its hey days when I walked to FV Mall and hang around and look at the chicks walking by Arby's in the mall. I would also bring a pad and pen to draw as I eat from Arby's or BK. I also would go play games.. This was during later in high school and after graduation. When I got my car, then we would cruise the Blvd up and down and go to Buttons Arcade. That ended my being a Mall Rat.

A Mall Rat is a person who hang around in malls. Mall people thinks Mall Rats are trouble makers. I was not. They never kicked us out. For others yes. I know of a guy did. He is now the owner of Penn Can Mall website! lol!

The movie of same name really distort everything what a Mall Rat really is. Fast times at Richmond High really closely describe it.

That is why malls around Syracuse changed to plazas.

By the way guys, how come you all dont want to answer it? Are you on Federal Witness program?? lol!

No, that's not true.

That only more old mall are verge into death since other many new mall are growing in suburb area and some outside mall on urban area. Only average for age on mall is around 15 years old, that too younger. I had went to mall about up to 20 per year or so.

Some of us may not know the names of the malls we go to.. Others may want their privacy. I've been this way since I was a baby. I have hated malls and shopping all my life. I only do it because of family or a need for it. So don't assume that all of us are like most americans who don't go to malls..

Some of us may not know the names of the malls we go to.. Others may want their privacy. I've been this way since I was a baby. I have hated malls and shopping all my life. I only do it because of family or a need for it. So don't assume that all of us are like most americans who don't go to malls..

Yup, it's your personal and we can do nothing about it.

Do you like to shopping at commons or outside of mall?

i dont care what kind of mall i like as long they have areostale, pac-sun, hot topic, spencer, and starbucks for me ;)

Back