Your dream computer specification...

x10oT

Reaction score
My Dream Computer=

Chenming 602 Case with Full Window (Picture)
500-Watt Power Suppy
AMD 64Bit (3500/2.20)
Kingston HyperX 1.0 GB Memory RAM
Asus A8V Deluxe MOBO
XFX Nvidia GeForce 6800 GT (256MB)
16x4x16 DVD-RW+52x32x52 CD-RW
Sony 3.5 Floppy Disk
Maxtor DiamondMax 10 200GB HDD
Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Sound Card

What do u think about it? If its not good.. wut will u recommend? Im open to listen to ur opinion! :)

What floppy disk? Is this outdated PC or what? I don't have Floppy disk and not planning to get one! They are now dinosaurs!

I don't use floppy drive anymore and I disabled it through BIOS. I use USB Flash Drive and you don't need the floppy drive.

:rofl: a floppy drive? WTF That is very ancient and you wouldn't hold more than pokey 1.4 MB, you can get a flash memory drive and hook up to any computer with USB cable. There's better storage options than the floppy disk drive. I stopped using floppies in 1999. :P

My dream computer

Dual 3 GHz G5
2 GB of RAM
Mac OS X 10.4 (tiger)
Superdrive (all in one CD/DVD burner)
Radeon 9800 or faster graphics
and so on.....oh yes, I'm a Mac fan

Dream machine?

Dream Machine? To be honest, I don't care anymore. I once had dream machine back then. Now, with technology advanced so much, and its already exceeded my first dream machine by 10,0000 times! I decided to quit building PC, and fancy configuration. Now that I have AMD Athlon64 going 3GHZ and bus speed going 1,600mhz and 512MB of RAM along with DVD burner plus CD and various media reader. Thats MUCH more than what I had 12 years ago! That was just Pentium going only 100MHZ with bus speed of cute 33mhz, plus cute 64MB if RAM! I paid this PC back then for 1,900 dollars. Now that I have this AMD MOFO for measly 650 dollars!

Trust me, your dream machine will become obsolete in no time!

By the way, Intel is starting to lagging in technology! They haven't advanced to 64 bit technology! Plus they haven't exceed 800mhz bus speed while AMD ALREADY had bus speed going at 2000mhz! or 2ghz. What I heard, and learn from next generation windows beta website, they said the system requirement is 64 bit, so meaning almost NONE of Intel based PC met this minimun requirement! (Only Intel Xeon runs on 64 bits, and it is PRICEY).

Why I quit building PC? The answer is simple... It cost too much!

diehardbiker65 said:
Dream Machine? To be honest, I don't care anymore.

I'm right there too. I built all my machines since my P90 in '95. Now I'm on my ASUS A7N8X with an Athlon XP 3000+. Good enough. I was big into playing online games and had to have the latest. If I was going to do it again, I'd build something like X10oT.

Unfortunately, my wife's Dell is a nice machine too. I'll be tempted to buy one when this one dies. Upgrade paths are so lame. Now, I hear the latest mobos have PCI-e instead of AGP for video. The CPU sockets are always changing, so there's no way to build a base machine and work the add-ons for the next 3-4 years to stretch its useful life.

But you gotta start somewhere. X10oT, looks good. As far as the floppy goes, if you have an older one lying around, lay it inside the case and plug it in if you need it. Chances are when you need it, the case is already off!

Good Luck,
Steve

My dream computer would be something like a 6" by 2" flexible, thin LCD touch screen wireless system strapped to my left arm that will be in constant connection with a hyper-threading base computer.

Its something that can be used in many different languages and something that wont go obsolete for a few centuries.

Richard

my dream computer....... really simple i dont need alot of stuff.. i just want it to run for e mails and IMs... nothing like those gizmos u guys were talking abt ( non computer geekie here but techie moderate person here )
the only thing i have a dream abt on computers........ NO VIRUS NO ADWARES AND SPYWARES its a nuiances! but hey one can wish for it :)

Yup, happens to me already! That is when the floppy disk drive is dying and I have lots of floppy disk laying around. I had to throw in old floppy disk drive then run it off and when Im done, I took it out once again. Don't see reason why it should take up resources if I rarely use it. Even to Zip drive! yup I have zip drive. Wow they disappeared like overnight!

Steve said:
But you gotta start somewhere. X10oT, looks good. As far as the floppy goes, if you have an older one lying around, lay it inside the case and plug it in if you need it. Chances are when you need it, the case is already off!

Good Luck,
Steve

Flash Memory Drive?? Can u explain how its work?? How come its better than floppy drive?

sequoias said:
:rofl: a floppy drive? WTF That is very ancient and you wouldn't hold more than pokey 1.4 MB, you can get a flash memory drive and hook up to any computer with USB cable. There's better storage options than the floppy disk drive. I stopped using floppies in 1999. :P

My dream computer

Dual 3 GHz G5
2 GB of RAM
Mac OS X 10.4 (tiger)
Superdrive (all in one CD/DVD burner)
Radeon 9800 or faster graphics
and so on.....oh yes, I'm a Mac fan

Lets put this way, why its better than floppy disk? Well, it has alot to do with how much memory it can hold in space. You see, the floppy disk is about 3.5 inch by 3.5 inches and about 1/8 inch thick, and it doesn't fit in pocket well, and that it holds only measly 1.44MB of memory. While the memorystick now can hold up to 2 gig of memory, thats equilvent of 2,054MB!!! And it is about size of your thumb and fits nicely in pocket... Image having 1,426 floppy disks in your pocket for the same amount of memory in tweety tiny size? PLUS the read and write is unbelieveable FASTER than floppy diskettes.

x10oT said:
Flash Memory Drive?? Can u explain how its work?? How come its better than floppy drive?

Nowdays, people mostly use the floppy disks for word documents or small images. Nothing more.

But I don't even use floppy disks anymore.

I have hundreds of Floppies, I dunno whadda me do with these junk! some of them already have dust on them. I burned on CD, and DVD... man! they are far better than floppies as well

Banjo said:
Nowdays, people mostly use the floppy disks for word documents or small images. Nothing more.

But I don't even use floppy disks anymore.

Dream computer? I want a computer that Batman have. SuperCray-2 computer, baby! Actually my computer have lots of new hardwares (I personally built it up), I tend to update my computer's hardwares every one-half or two years ever since I got my first computer to save some headaches.

Mock or jeer at me if you will, I'm still use the floppy disk. DOS is still the best tool to fix or repairs any computer errors when it crashed and refused to run the Windows. As a formerly Network Admin, I realized the value of DOS and its tool with floppy disk. It saved my data and friends & co-workers' datas countless times. Sometimes, old method is the bestest. Floppy disk is only for emergency, nothing else... I have DVD with dual support to take care of media storages.

Hey! can't deny that! DOS does save ass sometimes! I have used DOS, they are far realiable than anything else regard to saving PC. I still can use bootable CD with dos in it. It worked so really don't see need for floppy disks.

Magatsu said:
Dream computer? I want a computer that Batman have. SuperCray-2 computer, baby! Actually my computer have lots of new hardwares (I personally built it up), I tend to update my computer's hardwares every one-half or two years ever since I got my first computer to save some headaches.

Mock or jeer at me if you will, I'm still use the floppy disk. DOS is still the best tool to fix or repairs any computer errors when it crashed and refused to run the Windows. As a formerly Network Admin, I realized the value of DOS and its tool with floppy disk. It saved my data and friends & co-workers' datas countless times. Sometimes, old method is the bestest. Floppy disk is only for emergency, nothing else... I have DVD with dual support to take care of media storages.

Call me an old-fashioned guy if you will, I'm still like the floppy disk to handle the computer problems :)

Bootable CD with DOS is another excellent method to handle the computer issues as well.

Windows Media Editor 2005
2X4.0ghz (HTT)
5.0gb ram memory
500GB Hardrive
512mb video card
Cd-rw/dvd burner
what else can i say ? hehe

Whats wrong with AMD Athlon 64? Its only 1 of 2 CPU versions using true 64 bit platform, other was Intel Xeon. The rest is just 32 bits, and will be outdated in no time!

Back