Xtreme Deaf Gamers Forum

Dr. Strangelove

Reaction score
I have started up a new forum desgined specifically for Deaf Gamers. It also houses a subforum(closed of course but open to clan members) for clan members' discussions.
The clan is not the only reason for the site. It is also an alternate site with specific subforums for Microsoft, Sony, Nintendo and PC.
To join the clan, PM or contact me, because the clan specific subforum is password protected, and not just anybody can peek at our roundtable discussions. The forum itself is open to everyone, just not the Clan-specific subforum. There are also offtopic sections to discuss movies etc.

Tonight is the first time I've visited AD since moving to XGD. I know someday it will be the best forum for deaf gamers across USA, so be one of the first members and let your friends know about XGD!

We are building clans for GoW, RS:V, GRAW 2, Halo 3, Forza Motorsports 2, etc etc etc etc. We need more deaf gamers with good attidutes who wants to have a good time with other deaf gamers.

Thanks!

I would also like to note that we already are talking about this upcoming Madden '08 season.

We are having our first clan(ALL-DEAF TEAM) battle scirmmage at 10pm est tonight, so wish us luck! ;)

We did very well as a clan tonight. We played 7 on 7 Team Survival, and I think despite our inexperience as a clan, we were pretty much evenly matched. It was a scrimmage between the XDG and MIA clans.

Ah, interesting.

I'm not part of any clan nor will I ever be part of one. It's because I currently don't have time to be involved and I rather have a outgoing life than an online life.

However, I do like to jump into online games from time to time when the opportunity arises. :)

I consider myself an outgoing person but being a part of a clan isn't a 24/7 commitment. It's just putting in practice time (maybe a hour or two every other day) then playing clan matches on Saturday nights. That doesn't sound terribly time consuming to me.

Anyway, there were ownages whipped out from each clans last night and I'm really proud of how determined we were to dish the ownage right back at them. They were obviously experienced in a map we had not played as a team before but we picked up rather quickly and force fed them our bullets.

XDG is here to stay and we will become known in the deaf (gaming) community one day.

You guys ever thought about getting a unique domain name for your gaming site? Just a thought.

It's only $9 a year for a domain name and you can get the free forum script at phpBB.com

It's only $9 a year for a domain name and you can get the free forum script at phpBB.com

Yes, it is cheaper. I used to have that forum Phpbb.com. It is very good forum. You can create Banner or Logo on this forum. I don't know about deafsmith forum.

Right now I am using an free hosting service, Invision. The forum is growing faster than I expected, 21 members, 500 posts in barely 2 weeks.
Thank you for the link Alex. I looked at it and will be looking into it.
If you have a gamertag, slip it to me sometime!

Sounds like a great idea. Are hearies who aren't particularly "xtreme" welcome?

(I've WANTED to pick up that Xbox controller again but there's this Burning Crusade thing eating up all my spare time...)

Sounds like a great idea. Are hearies who aren't particularly "xtreme" welcome?

(I've WANTED to pick up that Xbox controller again but there's this Burning Crusade thing eating up all my spare time...)

Now that I think of it, it wouldn't hurt to have people associated with deaf/hearing impaired people join us. The #1 rule is to not use your mic in games.

It's up to Dr. Strangelove, IMHO.

ah..i forgot about AD until i saw someone mentioned it at the XDG forums!

good to see some of you here

The #1 rule is to not use your mic in games.

No worries, I'm too shy to use a mic or camera with people I don't know in person anyway.

And by the way, if you'd prefer to keep it deaf-only, that's really fine with me, no offense taken.

ANYONE can join the forum. We have a few hearing members registered. What is restricted is the 'War Room' where the XDG clan have discussions. It is one subforum at the bottom, while all other subforums are open.
Come check it out!

I did not require that we don't use the mic, but it seems everyone really enojys being in a group and not worrying about having the mic plugged in. It is unforutunate, some people are quick to boot you from a game just for not having the mic plugged in.

No worries, I'm too shy to use a mic or camera with people I don't know in person anyway.

And by the way, if you'd prefer to keep it deaf-only, that's really fine with me, no offense taken.

There ya go. The Dr. has spoken.

We're a cult errrrr, group dedicated to providing deaf gamers across the globe an avenue to world domination errrr, fair and fun gaming environments.

Seriously, hearing impaired gamers or gamers who accepts deafness are more than welcome to join XDG.

I don't consider myself as an ambassador of the XDG but I try my best to represent the name.

Back