XBOX consoles is Super-Power Computer ?

XBGMER

Reaction score
I am honestly tell you, I experminetally did opened my ole xbox console. Because my an old console gathering dust in the closet that I would like to put to use? There is no way to get replacement DVD ROM for XBOX, I admit. I wanted to know what in the heck inside xbox's system and equipment manufacturers after due DVD ROM's len eye was defect. Of course I want to be curious to see inside xbox what it look like. I realized that xbox is original from actual PC equipments..

VERY INTERESTING!

The xbox have some specs ever seen in a console game system today. The Playstation and the gamecube specs are not close to the xbox's.

Technical Specs:

Processor [CPU]: Pentium III 733-MHz Processor [Intel] , the most powerful CPU of any console.

The NVIDIA graphics processing unit [GPU], delivering superior graphic performance.

Hard Drive: 8GB for massive storage of game memory save in the console.

Pause for a moment... ask yourself "Is there any chance I want to send it in to Microsoft for repairs?" Performing these steps will void your warranty and cause the "Opened Xbox" pricing strategy to go into effect, this means it will definitely be cheaper to buy a new one.

But I already void warranty that what the risk I taken. I like showing you something inside parts from XBOX.

You can see this, the images below came from open that Xbox.

xbox_15.jpg

This is a basic picture of the inside components of the Xbox.

xbox_harddrive.jpg

This is the Hard Drive.

xbox_17.jpg

This is the Xbox feature with Motherboard.

xbox_motherboard.jpg

This is the Motherboard outside of the case.

Source as example of coulpe image from URL site:

drivesgone.jpg

pile.jpg

these have only done completely disassembling the case

Now, getta an idea with it is starting to look like a normal PC; And know what is inside xbox look like for rest!

XBOX 2 will have little change some feature as such new CPU [IBM] AND new GPA [ATI] instead of Intel and NVIDIA which is no longer [but i am not sure about GPA's exact], I will find more infom from site later.

In future, will be more pictures posted later date, so check back sooner or later!

Enjoy Stay!

Last edited:
yea i saw inside like these in other websites. i m pretty anixous to see what xbox 2 ll look like.

old news, LOL. It IS a console with PC guts, not suprising, anyhow. it looks like u can swap with a new DVD drive, generic brand. I would be suprised if it works in that x-box. :)

*pour the water over the xbox*

Cheap computer to be destoryed....

Does Nintendo's and Sony's consoles look like little computers to us?

It's not much of a suprise that Xbox is part console, part PC since it is made by Microsoft and that's why Xbox live was invented...so that you can connect your Xbox to the PC and play games online.

I personally think Xbox is the best console to me EVER...best graphics...best sound...best controller...and some best games like Halo and Dead or alive series.

Yeah there've been a flood of rumors about Xbox 2, saying it should have a smaller size than the orginal Xbox...but the only reason that it should be smaller is that there should be no hardrive! if the hardrive is installed, then there has to be more room to put other parts in it so that's why the Xbox is so much bigger than the PS2 and GameCube...
I believe the hardrive is a great idea since it's cheaper and you don't even have to buy a memory card unless you want to take some games at a friend's house and finish it, etc...

I love my Xbox more than any other consoles I've ever loved...lol.

love your xbox like your own girlfriend. ;)

They should be able to use a slimmer model of 8-10 GB hard drives in comparison to the Xbox's for Xbox 2.

Xbox 2 really don't need more space in their hard drives than the original Xbox. It makes sense to use a slimmer hard drive, you know.

Now that E3 is only months away, I truly hope it'll be the event where both Microsoft, Sony and maybe Nintendo will unveil their new consoles. What a day it would be, eh?

Banjo said:
They should be able to use a slimmer model of 8-10 GB hard drives in comparison to the Xbox's for Xbox 2.

Xbox 2 really don't need more space in their hard drives than the original Xbox. It makes sense to use a slimmer hard drive, you know.

Now that E3 is only months away, I truly hope it'll be the event where both Microsoft, Sony and maybe Nintendo will unveil their new consoles. What a day it would be, eh?
Well it seems that Mircosoft is proably the only company who would show out their secrets on xbox 2, since a bunch of sites has already spitted out some documents and information borrowed from mircosoft, so it looks like they are most likey to show their stuff, but sony? I dunno...I haven't really hear much about the PS3 since Sony said they will be using blue ray dics and a "cell" in their new console...but nothing else so I wouldn't be suprised if Sony won't show their console until next year and same for Nintendo, which they call their next console, the "nintendo revloution" where they say you can play games, watch television, and chat at the same time, etc...but what about playing DVDs and CDs? don't Nintendo EVER think of anything like that before? certainly they are partners with Panasonic techolgoy and Panasonic did release their own console that would play both DVDs and GameCube games, but later discontinued that production about two years ago. so maybe this time Nintendo and Panasonic will do whatever it takes to make a TRUE REVOULTION console? beats me, but I haven't hear much about that one...I just hear so much and I mean SO MUCH about Xbox 2 and it seems very possible that Microsoft will most definetly show off their new console at E3 this may. But still, sony and nintendo might be able to show off their secrets too but I'm still not sure if they would...but hell, let's just wait and see.

sequoias said:
old news, LOL. It IS a console with PC guts, not suprising, anyhow. it looks like u can swap with a new DVD drive, generic brand. I would be suprised if it works in that x-box. :)
sequoias, I already bought new another console since ole console was defect by DVD ROM's len eye. I want to using ole xbox for travel or something else, you know what I mean! Correct, ANOTHER XBOX DVD ROM will replace and definitely work in that ole xbox console. If other dvd rom than xbox dvd rom, result it wouldn't work in xbox console. Because different dvd rom and xbox dvd rom are not match, due code in dvd rom's read. I did try remove new brand HDD off from ole console and put into new console, OMG! it surprised me that new console been block and refuse to work on ole HDD from ole XBOX. it can't read code on HDD. there are different code between new console's bios and other ole's bios, geeez.. So anyway, I am still seeking for the replacement DVD ROM for XBOX on ebay or other until i find a good dealand price too.

Deathpit said:
Does Nintendo's and Sony's consoles look like little computers to us?
Deathpit, They's console are more console gaming system. But I aint know much about PS2 and Nineindo neither.. sorry..

Steel said:
Xbox is part console, part PC since it is made by Microsoft and that's why Xbox live was invented...so that you can connect your Xbox to the PC and play games online.

I personally think Xbox is the best console to me EVER...best graphics...best sound...best controller...and some best games like Halo and Dead or alive series.

Yeah there've been a flood of rumors about Xbox 2, saying it should have a smaller size than the orginal Xbox...but the only reason that it should be smaller is that there should be no hardrive! if the hardrive is installed, then there has to be more room to put other parts in it so that's why the Xbox is so much bigger than the PS2 and GameCube...
I believe the hardrive is a great idea since it's cheaper and you don't even have to buy a memory card unless you want to take some games at a friend's house and finish it, etc...

I love my Xbox more than any other consoles I've ever loved...lol.

love your xbox like your own girlfriend. ;)
Steel, Me either too that I am freaking crazy love with Xbox more than PS2 or GC.. :D Yeah, your correct that part console and part PC of X-BOX.

Yeah, long time in 2003, I had read article somewhere in site that Xbox 2 would have a smaller size and no hardrive. But I don't want xbox 2 without Harddrive. I need that because i want save memory in HDD. I hope HDD will intall on xbox 2 in future. cross my fingers!

Last edited:
ya can actually turn your xbox into a computer and use it on tv (put linux or windows in it to surf the net, manage files, play some compitable pc games, etc, and still play xbox games, all on your tv).
gotta mod it first, tho.
and, yea, reccomend upgrading the ram from 64 to 128 bit if u consider turning your xbox into a computer.

Potman09 said:
ya can actually turn your xbox into a computer and use it on tv (put linux or windows in it to surf the net, manage files, play some compitable pc games, etc, and still play xbox games, all on your tv).
gotta mod it first, tho.
and, yea, reccomend upgrading the ram from 64 to 128 bit if u consider turning your xbox into a computer.

Yes, Indeed. U can add cold system too. It will make fast for xbox too. But i do carry my modded xbox all the time. But i dont carry my 2nd xbox. ^_^

Back