Xbox 360 is crap compared to next-gen consoles

Nusentinsaino

Reaction score
Im back.

I have noticed NO difference in the graphics/frame rate of the 360 and the 1st Xbox. From reading an article on Eletronic Gaming Monthly, many people were pissed off or felt "ripped off" by paying huge amounts of money just to get a console that is tweaked a little, or adds only little bit better graphics. Most of the games caused the 360 to over-heat, or crash. The graphics are muddy (i.e. King Kong). Is this the downfall of the 360? I dont know. But i highly have no doubt that the PS3 will kick its ass by the fact that its frame-rate is 120 (OMG, The Xbox and PS2 is about 30 to 60 frames per second!) What are your opinions on this?

I tested King Kong on Xbox 360 at Best Buy and I also happen to own King Kong on the original Xbox...

I can't say that I see that big of a difference, only a slight improvement in designs is all I can say.

Sorry buddies, but Xbox360 isn't what I was hoping for. I'm hugely disappointed. I had higher expectations, and they certainly weren't met. Now they're saying that they're going to add a HD-DVD drive... what a gimmick. I also noticed that the character models in both King Kong weren't vastly a big difference at all. In fact, some even looked better on the original Xbox!

yeah just a litte bit better but not a lot. Both, old and new xbox almost the same graphics. So I'm expect the PS3 will be huge.

what is there to be so disapointed about? you can still go online, share photos with you friends from your digital camera, play with your ipod, use first party wireless controllers with a batter pack that is as powerful as cell phone battery and plays dvds, cds, mp3, and play games in high definiton, etc...what else do you want?!!?

even games like pefect dark zero, call of duty 2, and dead or alive 4 are not THAT bad.

Steel X said:
what is there to be so disapointed about? you can still go online, share photos with you friends from your digital camera, play with your ipod, use first party wireless controllers with a batter pack that is as powerful as cell phone battery and plays dvds, cds, mp3, and play games in high definiton, etc...what else do you want?!!?

even games like pefect dark zero, call of duty 2, and dead or alive 4 are not THAT bad.

Yet, you just described PSP. :laugh2:

I'd rather play PS3 because you can have seven players, free online content through GameSpy, Wireless Controllers. full list of backwards compatibility.

What does X360 offer? oh yeah limited Backwards compatibility, an online content that charges you for your money, only 2 players.

I'd also accept Revolution as my second choice.

From our friends at Penny-Arcade:

20060109h.jpg

RITCount said:
Yet, you just described PSP. :laugh2:

I'd rather play PS3 because you can have seven players, free online content through GameSpy, Wireless Controllers. full list of backwards compatibility.

What does X360 offer? oh yeah limited Backwards compatibility, an online content that charges you for your money, only 2 players.

I'd also accept Revolution as my second choice.

pssst...it doesn't really have two USB ports on the front of the console...there's at least one USB port on the back so yeah, you can use three wired controllers on three USB ports if you want, although, you can't use the fourth wired controller though it must be wireless since the console has a built in signal reciever for wireless controllers.

I still have no interest in the Revloution but will just take a look at it when it's out in the US sometime.

Steel X said:
pssst...it doesn't really have two USB ports on the front of the console...there's at least one USB port on the back so yeah, you can use three wired controllers on three USB ports if you want, although, you can't use the fourth wired controller though it must be wireless since the console has a built in signal reciever for wireless controllers.

I still have no interest in the Revloution but will just take a look at it when it's out in the US sometime.

No one said the PS3 uses USB ports for wireless controllers. It will have a built in signal reciever.

VamPyroX said:
This makes me glad that I didn't buy one now. ;)
Well I love mine a whole lot and I'm not even disapointed with any of this stuff from Microsoft expect they should've only come with one version of an console that has a HDD...but ah well.

I admit that the Xbox 360 has many nice features, however what upsets me is that the graphics itself is little different than the original Xbox. I dont like it how they charge you 300 - 600 dollars just for a console that tweaked up the graphics a little. For over 300 dollars, i expect BIG and HUGE changes... not just little by little added features.

trust me...you'll find some games that are well useful for the best graphics ever seen on Xbox360 in the future...with a new graphics engine and all.

for example, Halo 2 used a new graphics engine for better polished graphics and it was seen alot better than it ever did with the orginal Halo and Metal Gear Solid 3 used a completely new graphics engine and it was far much better well detailed it was with Metal Gear Solid 2...so seriously, don't give up the Xbox360 THAT easy.

give it time!

difference between Dreamcast, Xbox, and Xbox360:

doa2-large6.jpg

Dead or alive 2 (dreamcast)

doa3_screen004.jpg

Dead or alive 3 (xbox)

928260_20051011_screen004.jpg

Dead or alive 4 (xbox360)

Nusentinsaino said:
Im back.

I have noticed NO difference in the graphics/frame rate of the 360 and the 1st Xbox. From reading an article on Eletronic Gaming Monthly, many people were pissed off or felt "ripped off" by paying huge amounts of money just to get a console that is tweaked a little, or adds only little bit better graphics. Most of the games caused the 360 to over-heat, or crash. The graphics are muddy (i.e. King Kong). Is this the downfall of the 360? I dont know. But i highly have no doubt that the PS3 will kick its ass by the fact that its frame-rate is 120 (OMG, The Xbox and PS2 is about 30 to 60 frames per second!) What are your opinions on this?
Excuse me, ahh you are trying to say xbox 360 is full crap? oh minute, you dont have own xbox 360 yet.. You tell whole people in this forums that xbox 360 has issues like overheat or crash. i respect that.. but actual fact, there is only 3 precents for issues that what MS annonced and MS promised to customers if any xbox 360 is defect like can't repair, they will give them new console or hdd as the replacement for guarantee!

1. No overheat at all.. as instance, you using small or meduim laptop. later you feel heat came from laptop for hours and hours and you realize that normal function fan exhale that where heat came out.. you would like to say its not overheat...

2. No crash, but harddrive would be cause to crash or Bugs/ glitches in CD software. I heard alots of people complaint HDD is defect, and even Best buy told me that some people who bought their xbox 360 from BB, those disappoint in themselves that their hdd is defect, not console system.. Just harddrive is common issues.

3. I have king kong game for XB360, the graphic is not crappy.. graphic is soo beautiful.. I realized that playable demo on XB360 is different from full verison game of king kong I purchased.. I love this game, because it is more fun and great entertainment..

as for me, I haven't any problem with my sweet XB360.. I playing games on XB360 for hours and long hours.. no sign of problem at all.. i tell you the truth...

Steel X said:

No, I think you did not enough research about USB.. Did you know that you can using USB 2.0 four port USB directly plug into front of console and you can have four wired controllers into HUB USB to playing XB360 that what I did try, it actually WORK!! And even Small Keyboard [key 87] will work on XB360, Yes it work indeed! Because I read OXM

I suggect you check this site:
http://www.deckkeyboards.com/catalog/images/deck_toxic_large2.jpg

Nusentinsaino said:
I admit that the Xbox 360 has many nice features, however what upsets me is that the graphics itself is little different than the original Xbox. I dont like it how they charge you 300 - 600 dollars just for a console that tweaked up the graphics a little. For over 300 dollars, i expect BIG and HUGE changes... not just little by little added features.
Did you know that MS was supposed to selling this premuim for $715 real retail price and core for $513 real retail price..

1. LAPTOP HDD SATA [I'm ot sure spell right], it is high price than standard IDE HDD.

2. three core cpu

that's why SATA HDD is more pay, If 100 or 180 gb SATA HDD would be cost you for over 300 dollars. You can check it on internet as compare others. you will realize yourself in one day!

I thank that MS did cut price 715 down to 400 bucks... that why MS lost Million dollars from investory..

Nusentinsaino said:
Yeah, I saw that before.. You see different between screen of xbox and xbox 360.. on left as xbox which is on stardand tv and right which is on HD TV.. I recommeding you get HDTV if you thought about getting xbox 360... thats exactly what I have been thinking about getting HDTV FLAT PANEL 32'INCH LCD TV by this year... ;) that why MS encourage gamers getting HDTV for XBOX 360, fact XB360 is for HDTV, did you know that???

I can't compare about playstation 3 and XBOX 360 because Playstation 3 does not come out and I do not buy playstation 3 stories from the internet. Both of them will be good, but I really prefer XBOX 360 because of LIVE.

XBGMER said:
Excuse me, ahh you are trying to say xbox 360 is full crap? oh minute, you dont have own xbox 360 yet.. You tell whole people in this forums that xbox 360 has issues like overheat or crash. i respect that.. but actual fact, there is only 3 precents for issues that what MS annonced and MS promised to customers if any xbox 360 is defect like can't repair, they will give them new console or hdd as the replacement for guarantee!

1. No overheat at all.. as instance, you using small or meduim laptop. later you feel heat came from laptop for hours and hours and you realize that normal function fan exhale that where heat came out.. you would like to say its not overheat...

2. No crash, but harddrive would be cause to crash or Bugs/ glitches in CD software. I heard alots of people complaint HDD is defect, and even Best buy told me that some people who bought their xbox 360 from BB, those disappoint in themselves that their hdd is defect, not console system.. Just harddrive is common issues.

3. I have king kong game for XB360, the graphic is not crappy.. graphic is soo beautiful.. I realized that playable demo on XB360 is different from full verison game of king kong I purchased.. I love this game, because it is more fun and great entertainment..

as for me, I haven't any problem with my sweet XB360.. I playing games on XB360 for hours and long hours.. no sign of problem at all.. i tell you the truth...

No, I think you did not enough research about USB.. Did you know that you can using USB 2.0 four port USB directly plug into front of console and you can have four wired controllers into HUB USB to playing XB360 that what I did try, it actually WORK!! And even Small Keyboard [key 87] will work on XB360, Yes it work indeed! Because I read OXM

I suggect you check this site:
http://www.deckkeyboards.com/catalog/images/deck_toxic_large2.jpg

Did you know that MS was supposed to selling this premuim for $715 real retail price and core for $513 real retail price..

1. LAPTOP HDD SATA [I'm ot sure spell right], it is high price than standard IDE HDD.

2. three core cpu

that's why SATA HDD is more pay, If 100 or 180 gb SATA HDD would be cost you for over 300 dollars. You can check it on internet as compare others. you will realize yourself in one day!

I thank that MS did cut price 715 down to 400 bucks... that why MS lost Million dollars from investory..

Yeah, I saw that before.. You see different between screen of xbox and xbox 360.. on left as xbox which is on stardand tv and right which is on HD TV.. I recommeding you get HDTV if you thought about getting xbox 360... thats exactly what I have been thinking about getting HDTV FLAT PANEL 32'INCH LCD TV by this year... ;) that why MS encourage gamers getting HDTV for XBOX 360, fact XB360 is for HDTV, did you know that???

I played PGR 3, madden 360 and Call of Duty 2. Their graphics are so awesome and made me feel like I am in the game. I really do not see XBOX 360 is crap. That's obvious you do not have a 360.

I played a 360 at some video games store and at friend's house few times.

I have seen or tried it at curcuit city or best buy. I used to play old nintendo, super nintendo and PS2. My PS2 broke and havent been playing lately too busy right now.

okay how 'bout this...PS3 will be crap!

not fair enough? then stop saying Xbox360 is crap cause you dont know which would be crappier unless PS3 comes out so ladies and gentlemen...stfu!

thank you.

now now, the graphic is no longer point anymore. It's up to game development and designer to create the better challenge that we can actually enjoy. Graphic engine is beyond as it can get. Look at might Gamecube in tiny box handle beautiful of Resident Evil 4. Is that from graphic engine or is that from Capcom's design team? it's designer who did.

Most are support component, S-Video and HD-TV to get better awesome graphic at least 480p to see.

Feature is only you people can care. Since I have DS and I am wait for Revolution to make compatible both system.

Back