WWIII has begin?

What do you think that N. Korea would threaten to hit George Washington aircraft carrier near border of Yellow Sea?

What do you think that N. Korea would threaten to hit George Washington aircraft carrier near border of Yellow Sea?

no. if that happened - North Korea will not exist in google map for 2011.

Yellow Sea.

I m sorry that should be West Sea instead of East Sea.

I confuse that google map s different sea is near this island.

Sea map:
Screenshot2010-11-27at92259AM-1-1.jpg

There's no way to know how many subs are in any given area at any time. Those numbers are classified. Anything is just a guess, even by experts.

that's what I thought so. Originally - my answer was

"xx

that's the whole point of deterrent"

that's what I thought so. Originally - my answer was

"xx

that's the whole point of deterrent"
There's no way to know how many subs are deployed in any area. Also, the number of warheads and missiles on board are kept classified, as are speed, distance and depth limits. It's a big guessing game.

They aren't called the Silent Service for nothing. :giggle:

SK notified NK about military test drill. NK fired about 100 rounds. SK fired back with about 80 rounds.

IMO - SK shouldn't have fired back at all. They should exercise with extreme restraint and let the world do the scorning and finger-pointing at NK for an act of aggression.

What if that happened on USA soil? I am sure the USA will want war.

SK notified NK about military test drill. NK fired about 100 rounds. SK fired back with about 80 rounds.

IMO - SK shouldn't have fired back at all. They should exercise with extreme restraint and let the world do the scorning and finger-pointing at NK for an act of aggression.
I have a hard time accepting that concept.

To me, that's too familiar with pre-WWII and Cold War attitude.

Also, it's easy to tell other countries to "cool it" when it's not your people getting shot at and killed.

Some countries may perceive non retaliation as calm diplomacy but others will perceive that non action as a weakness and a signal to keep pushing on.

I have a hard time accepting that concept.

To me, that's too familiar with pre-WWII and Cold War attitude.

Also, it's easy to tell other countries to "cool it" when it's not your people getting shot at and killed.

Some countries may perceive non retaliation as calm diplomacy but others will perceive that non action as a weakness and a signal to keep pushing on.

when you have that much military power to wipe out the country off the map... what does it make you?

I hope our wisdom will grow with our power, and teach us, that the less we use our power the greater it will be.
Thomas Jefferson

Power is of two kinds. One is obtained by the fear of punishment and the other by acts of love. Power based on love is a thousand times more effective and permanent then the one derived from fear of punishment.
Mohandas Gandhi

We must develop and maintain the capacity to forgive. He who is devoid of the power to forgive is devoid of the power to love. There is some good in the worst of us and some evil in the best of us. When we discover this, we are less prone to hate our enemies.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

What if that happened on USA soil? I am sure the USA will want war.

not likely. NK lacks fund and technology for that. At most - it'll hit some remote area.

when you have that much military power to wipe out the country off the map... what does it make you?
Who says it's necessary to wipe the country off the map? There's a wide range of military options between doing nothing and wiping a country off the map.

Who says it's necessary to wipe the country off the map? There's a wide range of military options between doing nothing and wiping a country off the map.

yep, one would be to bomb their illegal nuke plant.

not likely. NK lacks fund and technology for that. At most - it'll hit some remote area.
What if any country attacked the USA in the same manner? What would you expect?

Back