WV contaminated water state of emergency

Sorry but there is no such thing as "clean coal." It's something said by the industry but it does not exist (and I live by a coal plant used to create energy). It would be like saying nuclear power plants are safe. But I do agree that it's not so clean now ... Hope it doesn't make its way where your family is.

I agree, look at Japan's serious nuclear accident. :( :ugh:

Well, that's the risk of having an economy depending on the mining industry. Just shows that we need to stop depending on coal and invest in clean energy.

I hope they get this cleaned up so people can go back to their lives.

It's a serious reminder of how fragile our water supply is.

How many of us have enough fresh water stored for emergencies?

If you do have water stored what kind of containers are you using ? I find keeping water in plastics bottles for a long time end up tasting awful. I do not have room for a second fridge to use only for water. I wish I did have room to keep extra water for an emergency . You should have extra canned food and pets food too.

If you do have water stored what kind of containers are you using ? I find keeping water in plastics bottles for a long time end up tasting awful. I do not have room for a second fridge to use only for water. I wish I did have room to keep extra water for an emergency . You should have extra canned food and pets food too.
We keep different categories of water: drinking, cooking, washing, watering, flushing. We replenish the drinking water more often. In a disaster, taste isn't as important. We can use our rain barrel water for watering plants, bird bath, flushing, etc. I keep a few gallon jugs of water in each bathroom in case there's an emergency need for rinsing or flushing.

I'm sure I don't have enough on hand for a real disaster. Water takes up a lot of space.

We keep different categories of water: drinking, cooking, washing, watering, flushing. We replenish the drinking water more often. In a disaster, taste isn't as important. We can use our rain barrel water for watering plants, bird bath, flushing, etc. I keep a few gallon jugs of water in each bathroom in case there's an emergency need for rinsing or flushing.

I'm sure I don't have enough on hand for a real disaster. Water takes up a lot of space.

I would have buy a lot of bottled water as our city water taste like swamp water or smell like bleach most of the time. I could stock up tap water for flushing. I am trying to move out my condo, and I will bad about the birds and squirrels having no water in the summer. I am the only person in my condo that put water out for the wildlife.

Sorry but there is no such thing as "clean coal." It's something said by the industry but it does not exist (and I live by a coal plant used to create energy). It would be like saying nuclear power plants are safe. But I do agree that it's not so clean now ... Hope it doesn't make its way where your family is.

I know, I never bought into that clean coal crap, I was just pointing out their slogan and the fact most of the people in that area and over in the part of Virginia I lived in, people serious believed that crap so much, they got a license plate made that said "Friends of coal" (even car stickers that read the same thing).

I've always been a fan of geothermal energy myself, along with solar and wind energy.

i be FURIOUS if i was American and hope somethings is done.. dread think of wildlife that been killed

I would have buy a lot of bottled water as our city water taste like swamp water or smell like bleach most of the time. I could stock up tap water for flushing. I am trying to move out my condo, and I will bad about the birds and squirrels having no water in the summer. I am the only person in my condo that put water out for the wildlife.

It is nature for tap water to tastes bad.

Just buy filter and put water in it so it will be clean to drink.

No it's not ! When I was a kid my town was known for having the best tasting tap water . My daughter tap water taste better than my tap water.

Don't worry, soon WV's water will be as clean as it was in Back to the future III.. :p

No it's not ! When I was a kid my town was known for having the best tasting tap water . My daughter tap water taste better than my tap water.

Not in here, tap water tastes bad.

If you want better taste, ask EPA to tighten the water regulation and your city probably met minimum standard that EPA allowed.

If you want better taste, ask EPA to tighten the water regulation and your city probably met minimum standard that EPA allowed.
Taste is not necessarily indicative of water quality. Some bad elements don't taste bad, and some good quality water might taste funny. Not everyone agrees on the taste of water. EPA standards don't always improve the taste of water for people.

EPA is a joke in my state , they're not doing enough to keep the landfill from smelling like rotten eggs. The grocery stores in my city sell a lot of bottled water and most restaurants used bottled water for people to drink. The water is very gross tasting to people that did not grow up in my city . People that lived here all their lives are use to the taste of swamp water.

Some areas don't even have fluoride in the water which helps teeth. When I lived in Chicago, there was plenty of fluoride in the water and Chicago people tend to have good teeth due to that. Florida I found out barely has very little levels of it so the dentists provide fluoride pills to children. When he saw my teeth, he said that I wasn't from around here. He could tell.

Taste is not necessarily indicative of water quality. Some bad elements don't taste bad, and some good quality water might taste funny. Not everyone agrees on the taste of water. EPA standards don't always improve the taste of water for people.

Ok, I'm not concerned about taste from tap water because I always drink bottled or filtered water.

EPA is a joke in my state , they're not doing enough to keep the landfill from smelling like rotten eggs. The grocery stores in my city sell a lot of bottled water and most restaurants used bottled water for people to drink. The water is very gross tasting to people that did not grow up in my city . People that lived here all their lives are use to the taste of swamp water.

Do you think EPA is joke? It is your city or state's problem, so they may not cooperate. It could be no violation for having a rotten eggs in landfill and I went to landfill and it smelled very bad. I don't think it has something with regulation or EPA. EPA only take very seriously if you spill hazardous waste into landfill.

EPA did good job in my area to have a clean air, not heavily polluted, unlike in 60s.

Some areas don't even have fluoride in the water which helps teeth. When I lived in Chicago, there was plenty of fluoride in the water and Chicago people tend to have good teeth due to that. Florida I found out barely has very little levels of it so the dentists provide fluoride pills to children. When he saw my teeth, he said that I wasn't from around here. He could tell.

I use mouthwash that contain fluoride everyday. :)

Ok, I'm not concerned about taste from tap water because I always drink bottled or filtered water.
Well, you brought it up.

"If you want better taste, ask EPA to tighten the water regulation and your city probably met minimum standard that EPA allowed."

I use mouthwash that contain fluoride everyday. :)
Mouthwash doesn't improve the fluoride in babies' teeth. They have to ingest it.

In parts of SC there is too much natural fluoride in well water, so it's bad for kids' teeth and causes dental fluorosis.

Well, you brought it up.

"If you want better taste, ask EPA to tighten the water regulation and your city probably met minimum standard that EPA allowed."

It looks like you lost the step - WDYS started brought her concern about tap water tastes bad, so I responded to her comment - just give an suggestion to her.
http://www.alldeaf.com/2270006-post24.html

Again, I'm not concern about how bad is taste with tap water because I drink bottled water and filtered water, so tap water is fine for cooking, take bath and brush my teeth.

Mouthwash doesn't improve the fluoride in babies' teeth. They have to ingest it.

In parts of SC there is too much natural fluoride in well water, so it's bad for kids' teeth and causes dental fluorosis.

Then buy bottled water with fluoride.
FluoridatedBottledWater.jpg

Back