Wrestling with Angels

Status
Not open for further replies.
I give up. All of my posts keep routing to the moderator.

See you guys in 24 hrs. This stinks. Great way to silence someone.

<doffs hat> My ability to do so pales in comparison to yours. But it's an honor to witness. <ruefully> And as you say, like attracts like.

<simpers>

<curtsies arthritically>

<scowls sincerely>

<exits undramatically>

<I learned that I can become just as irritating as others.>

<I learned that someone has a certain fascination for pigs even when they have NOTHING to do with AD. It's quite comical.>

<Please congratulate me, Botts on my ability to write in the same ingrating and condescending style.>

Good to see you posting more. You were missed.

LOL poor teamint that she has so much to say here but..

But she has no idea what y'all are talking about. I understand that there is some tension surrounding my <> usage. It is merely a tool to to express the emotion aspect of a response, without disrupting the content of the actual response. Think of stage directions in a play.

Now that that is settled, I have concern that the heart of this thread cannot be salvaged. Perhaps it would be better to create another. Suggestions?

Hey, don't feel bad. What if someone tried to join a car group???

Let's say I decide that I want to turbocharge a 1994 Lumina minivan, I may be welcomed in group because it's a domestic vehicle. If I wanted to turbocharge a 1994 Nissan Quest, I may not be welcomed in that same group because that is not a domestic vehicle.

Or what if everyone had a turbocharged chevy Caprice or Pontiac Parisenne?? I get a Chevy Cavalier and turbocharge it, I would probably not be welcomed because Cavalier is not a vintage full size like Caprice or Parisenne.

Ya know, life is unfair sometimes. Don't take it personally.

But she has no idea what y'all are talking about. I understand that there is some tension surrounding my <> usage. It is merely a tool to to express the emotion aspect of a response, without disrupting the content of the actual response. Think of stage directions in a play.

Now that that is settled, I have concern that the heart of this thread cannot be salvaged. Perhaps it would be better to create another. Suggestions?

Totally up to you. This forum is freedom of speech.

As far as I'm aware of, there wasn't tension regarding the <> usage.

You know, this doesn't seem very welcoming. In fact, when I first joined it was very welcoming around here and now I've come back it seems really snarky, lots of seemingly underlying tension, negative energy.

I came here to find people who I could get some understanding from and find out how to map my world now that I'm in a better place, but what I'm seeing is really something I don't want to be a part of. So I think I'm going to find somewhere else to be. This thread has been rather eye opening. I think I'd rather be deaf and alone...

Hey, don't feel bad. What if someone tried to join a car group???

Let's say I decide that I want to turbocharge a 1994 Lumina minivan, I may be welcomed in group because it's a domestic vehicle. If I wanted to turbocharge a 1994 Nissan Quest, I may not be welcomed in that same group because that is not a domestic vehicle.

Or what if everyone had a turbocharged chevy Caprice or Pontiac Parisenne?? I get a Chevy Cavalier and turbocharge it, I would probably not be welcomed because Cavalier is not a vintage full size like Caprice or Parisenne.

Ya know, life is unfair sometimes. Don't take it personally.

I love your analogy.

You know, this doesn't seem very welcoming. In fact, when I first joined it was very welcoming around here and now I've come back it seems really snarky, lots of seemingly underlying tension, negative energy.

I came here to find people who I could get some understanding from and find out how to map my world now that I'm in a better place, but what I'm seeing is really something I don't want to be a part of. So I think I'm going to find somewhere else to be. This thread has been rather eye opening. I think I'd rather be deaf and alone...

Understood, just keep in mind that there are a lot of members here, and will always be a few bad apples that ruin it all for us. It is still better than before, when 4 or 5 members monopolized the site and their posts were really asinine, condescending, and narcissistic.

No matter what forum you go to, there will always be someone that has the usual "I'm better than you" attitude.

No matter what forum you go to, there will always be someone that has the usual "I'm better than you" attitude.
Spot on.

@Mrs-teamint, your other posts went to the administration bin, mods do not have control over that. It's a routine check for spammers and approved posts will show up at a later date. The other way around it is to just keep posting until you hit 20, and you shouldn't get that anymore after that.

With that, I think this will end with this thread. Teamint (OP) has expressed their concerns over the topic no longer redeemable. This will be left open for observation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back