wow, even I am shocked.

Your Mom said:
go to www.hrc.org its an organization based out of DC that works for the legal rights for gays lesbians bisexual and transgendered persons. They do a lot of lobbying for LGBT rights.

I thought you were talking about Hard Rock Cafe (HRC)....Next time you as an English nazi should let the readers know what you clearly engage in a meaningful dialogue....

Mookie said:
I thought you were talking about Hard Rock Cafe (HRC)....Next time you as an English nazi should let the readers know what you clearly engage in a meaningful dialogue....
:rofl: Mookie, when you mentioned that you worked at HRC as a chef, I said to myself "Didn't know that HRC also deals with 'food'.. I only knew that it is a LGBTQI organization."

I'm pretty open minded. I choose to ignore anyone who insult/disrespect gays/lesbians life. It's waste of time to debate with closed minded people because they can't see the sense... Simple is ignore them and enjoy to share with your positive posts with anyone under Closet Section.

Your Mom said:
For the past two years I have worked for HRC, and I have seen all kinds of ignorance, hatred and just down right humerous things directed at gays and lesbians. But after coming on this forum, I have come across a new breed of ignorance. I expected this forum to be a lot more open and at least tolerant of many lifestyles, genders, sexuality, creed, races. But I have encounted a lot of animosity on this forum. I am incredibly shocked. By no means did I expect to come here and have everyone agree with everything everyone else thinks and have it like some kind of fantasy land where everyone gets along. But I did expect at least a minimal level of tolerance, which seems to be far too much to ask from some people here.

Sorry for the rant, but as I said Im just shocked.

I know that I am new here, but it was just an observation and I meant by no means to offend anyone by this post. I love the forums where its pretty much striticly talk about deaf culture, but once you venture out it seems to go down hill.
First of all, Your Mom, welcome to AllDeaf!
Second of all, yes, isn't it a shame that we do have several ignorants here?
But like several people here said - ignore them. We should be happy that one specific person (already mentioned somewhere in this forum) won't be around until Sept or October.
imnotgay.gif

EyesBlueDeaf said:
:rofl: Mookie, when you mentioned that you worked at HRC as a chef, I said to myself "Didn't know that HRC also deals with 'food'.. I only knew that it is a LGBTQI organization."

Yeah right....I did not see thread... :mad:

By the way, some of them who thicker skin and not accept anyone who wants.. Let them go..

I advise you don't judge them anyone.. What r u determinded best interest for everyone making attention you?

I think it's offense to gay/lesbian or others.. No need to bash them..
They are cool in my book peroid.
Let it be!

EyesBlueDeaf said:
Yes, Mookie was the head salad tosser at HRC. :run: :rofl:

Mookie said:

Yes but in the context of a LGBT related post, and section I thought that it would be clear. I forget at times that HRC isnt as big in the south and other areas as it is in the north east.

EyesBlueDeaf said:

Hahaha exactly what I thought, I thought hmm must be something in the field, department since I know they hold a lot of gala dinners, I just assumed that you meant you did some sort of catering for them.

Actually, the metropolian people appear to be "rude" to those rural people but those rural people fail to realize that the metro people see thousands of people everyday and they cannot be expected to say "HOWDY!" or know every person!

You'll find that in all large cities, they will not "care" about you and that is a NORM.

netrox said:
Actually, the metropolian people appear to be "rude" to those rural people but those rural people fail to realize that the metro people see thousands of people everyday and they cannot be expected to say "HOWDY!" or know every person!

You'll find that in all large cities, they will not "care" about you and that is a NORM.

I totally agree.

I Am Agree What Volcomskatz Said

volcomskatz said:
Well, just ignore them who bash on homosexual but they are so jealous about our personal. ;)

I AM AGREE WHAT VOLCOMSKATZ SAID. :thumb: :cool:

guido said:
There's ignorance wherever you go. I will admit that there is a stronger breed of ignorance manifested through a few select people on this particular forum. I don't know why AD is more special, but I've learned to cope. I am sure to make use of the Ignore feature. For the most part, ADers are fairly level-headed and openminded, but for the intolerant few, you have to learn to develop a thick skin. Hope it doesn't scare you off. We need fresh blood on here to keep things new.

I second that.....For the very first time I finally used the Ignore feature and I truly love it until some members would quote another member's post ( which I already put that member on my ignore list ) and I could actually see it which I rather not, but I learn to skip it and move onto another post.... :)

Your mom, it might help if you use the Ignore feature, maybe it will help you feel a bit better since we can not change people or their thoughts, it's them who have to change :dunno:

I'm with Angel on this one, She said pretty much of what I would have said. Just simple ignored any remarks that are made toward to you, I know words can be hurtful, but that's just words that comes out of fool's mouth. It shouldn't mean anything to you. You know who you are and if you're happy with what you became, that's all it should matters. ;)

I think that my words are getting twisted, I am not hurt, sad or even mad that anything was said to me I am extremely used to it. However I was shocked of the level of intolerance that is present here. In no way am I upset or hurt, just shocked. I am a big enough person that I can ignore them on my own with out having to block their posts.

Your Mom, I think it was probaly Miss P......I think she's just messing with our minds, and isn't really serious. There are some serious nutters out there.

I bet that anti-glbt people here on AD are bunches of bible thumpers.
Yeah, the same people who argued that slavery, or blacks not being educated with whites is OK b/c it's in the Bible, are now screaming that homosexuals are teh evil!

Your Mom, I am sorry that you were not treated well by some of these ignorant members. Don't mind them. They are not cool in my book either ;)

deafdyke said:
Your Mom, I think it was probaly Miss P......I think she's just messing with our minds, and isn't really serious. There are some serious nutters out there.

Yeah, the same people who argued that slavery, or blacks not being educated with whites is OK b/c it's in the Bible, are now screaming that homosexuals are teh evil!

Yeah I cant remember the girls name but I just still refuse to believe that shes serious, she sounded extremely paranoid and just...crazy.

do you think you could find the posts again, and see if they are the people I suspect? I know what HRC is......my uncles are all very involved in HRC....it's just that someone's second post about how they were a cook for HRC threw me off. I think too that b/c this place is very welcoming and openminded, (overall, even thou we have a lot of interesting minded fundies) that the extreme folks might seem even more extreme.

deafdyke said:
do you think you could find the posts again, and see if they are the people I suspect? I know what HRC is......my uncles are all very involved in HRC....it's just that someone's second post about how they were a cook for HRC threw me off. I think too that b/c this place is very welcoming and openminded, (overall, even thou we have a lot of interesting minded fundies) that the extreme folks might seem even more extreme.

It was freedomrings or something like that and JohnnyE.

Back