Would you date a person who has same religon as you or ...

I am not really involved with religion but I've been reading into new age and my motto is to treat others as I would want them to treat me and I think that is really important in today's world, seeing how many bad people there are.

If I dated a guy with a different religion, it would not bother me but if he tried to force me to go to church or force me to believe in his religion then that would be a problem because I control my life, not him.

Heath said:
You need to use common sense here.

U need to grow up and open your eyes why I said this. I know many nice divorced christian women who are waiting for christian men to win their heart. Are u willing to do that? Or do u perfer a virgin one?

jazzy said:
U need to grow up and open your eyes why I said this. I know many nice divorced christian women who are waiting for christian men to win their heart. Are u willing to do that? Or do u perfer a virgin one?

You keep assuming and you know what they say about assumpations ?

Of course, God forbid if I had a wife die on me and I only have my children to take care of then I would want a woman who has alots of experience with children so yes, I would marry a divocred Christian woman who has her own children too then I marry her and my children play with her children outside while we sit on the porch, relax and talk as a married couple again.

Levonian said:
I’ve heard people refer to my marriage as sort of a ‘mixed marriage’. I believe that life on this planet evolved naturally. She, on the other hand, believes in what I call ‘New Age mumbo-jumbo’—tarot cards, spiritual mediums, Indian spirit guides, and all sorts of other, ahem, crap. :roll: I’ve long ago given up trying to convince her that she’s not going to get another life after she dies, and she’s long ago given up trying to convince me that her dead grandmother’s spirit is watching us in the bedroom.

:eek3: does that affect your *cough* performance in the bedroom?

I perfer to date someone that's not into the bible, life is too short

I personally see the bible as a waste of time and resources.

Heath said:
And the same could be said for you too.

You wanted a specific girl. I don't care who I'm dating as long as he is a nice guy. It doesn't matter what religion he comes from. So am I limited to my own choice?

Heath said:
I will only date and marry a 100% Protestant Born Again Christian Woman.

Why does she have to born again? Do you believe that a Christian who is born into a mainstream Christian family is not a true believer, and that a person who was raised Christian from infancy is somehow not on par with a person who acquires these beliefs as an adult?

Levonian said:
Why does she have to born again? Do you believe that a Christian who is born into a mainstream Christian family is not a true believer, and that a person who was raised Christian from infancy is somehow not on par with a person who acquires these beliefs as an adult?
"Born again" means that the individual has personally repented and accepted Jesus Christ as Savior. Sometimes that happens at a very young age, sometimes it happens later in life. Each person is different.

Some born-again Christians grow up their whole lives in good Christian families. Some born-again Christians grow up in awful families. Each situation is different.

No one is "born" naturally as a Christian infant, so different people are "born-again" at different ages. It doesn't mean that one is any "better" than the other.

i went to Church of Christ for 3 yrs when i was young .. i was bapitized there. then just recently accepted Jesus as my savior and was bapitized in Baptist Church. My fiance's is lutheran. He said he was never bapitized or anything like that but i talked ot his father via email and learned that Starrygaze was indeed bapitized when he was an infant. he said his family is catholic but i found out no but lutheran. I dont know where he get that idea.. lol.. but anyway my mom was raised as catholic and didnt believe in that.. she refused to go to catholic church ever since she got out from my grandparents house.. till last fall she was born again at Church Of Christ and was bapitized there. my dad was- i dont know what religion he was? i never knew.. i will find out .. ugh..

Starrygaze said he will go to church with me as he does believe in God. We believe in same values and morals so we have no plms. :)

Sugar Addict said:
I perfer to date someone that's not into the bible, life is too short

I personally see the bible as a waste of time and resources.

The Atheist and the Materialist

Those who have no need for gods and some who have no need for the supernatural.

Pretty much me , agree with Sugar Addict on that one.

:whistle:

But , i have respect for others and thier Religion. :cheers:

im raise Baptist since i was kids and i acceptance jesus and christian in 2001 and i baptism at first baptist church in Webb City,Mo but im still 100% Baptist and christian.and im still member of church in North Little Rock Park Hill Baptist Church and im still Baptist.

my boyfriend told me says he is also baptist i think so im not sure but he also include catholic and also Protestant from his step-dad's

my step-family is catholic but i dont include with that because against by the god and my step-dad also catholic and his family also.

I really dont care what kind they do practice relgion. You will know if you truly love that person regardless!
so it shldnt be matter what kind they practice a relgion.

Though I have a very religious background, I am not religous one bit - I am more of a spiritual believer. I just believe God is ONE, and religion is just a way of living life, a drop of water in the ocean. As for dating, I would date someone who is pure at heart, has a pleasant personality and has a good temperament. I dont care about religion, because it makes no sense to me - all people are equal, and religion only classifies people so that they follow a way of life.

Back