Would you dare?

Teppo

Reaction score
I've been visiting in Russia for many times. Russians don't have to use wintertyres in winter, and there are not so much traffic control, that people can drive even 100mph in 40mph area.
In russia many drivers don't care if you have right to drive first in crossroads if you are a foreign citizen. look this video, and tell would you dare to drive in Russia :hmm:

КомпилÑÑ†Ð¸Ñ Ñамых жеÑтких ДТП - YouTube

Is Athentic Russian? No wonder he likes San Francisco highways! :lol: Seriously, some have no regard for life.

Here's the vid direct...

[yt]oFkw5JFOmHk[/yt]

Last edited:
Seems to me like most of those folks are dead as horrific those accidents looked.

it is horrible on crappy!!! it is look likes accidedent that is not funny!
I remember on saw on people car accident to almost to screw up car! fault scared!

It is sad to think somebody would do this..... these people looked like rag dolls. ;(

Wirelessly posted

Very disturbing. This should be censored.

It seems like they're used to it, part of their daily lives, like that woman who almost got hit by a truck, she just walked calmly away.
And hell to the no, I wouldn't drive there. (I'm too scared to drive anywhere, so I guess my opinion doesn't count.)

I think it's crazy, that many russian people don't care a shit, even they walk across the street. Once when I was in Svetogorsk, which is a little town near by finnish and russian border. A young woman had a pram and just walk across the street, and if I haven't been so prepared, then I would drive over her, or over the prams. There were crosswalk, but she didn't care a shit of it. She just walk and looked ahead. Have to be very careful, when driving a car in Russia.

It's not just the Russians that are awful drivers. Italians look upon traffic signs as mere suggestions, of things they could do, if they were so inclined. If I recall correctly, traffic deaths are the number one killer of young adults in that country.

Personally, I wouldn't drive in any foreign country - that's what taxis are for...

Laura

So, what's up with all the dashboard cameras in Russia?

So, what's up with all the dashboard cameras in Russia?

Due to Russian's auto insurance policy require every cars comes with a dashboard camera to make a evidence i.e. accidents (whose fault), prevent from police to request bribery, etc.

Due to Russian's auto insurance policy require every cars comes with a dashboard camera to make a evidence i.e. accidents (whose fault), prevent from police to request bribery, etc.

Seriously? From what I recall, those Russian cars are made so cheaply, that the camera must be the most expensive item.

I hope that those Russians come to USA and pull this stunt and then have death penalty on them!!!

Yes, this is fact. Too much corruption going on in Russia. Government already broke, couldn't do much so let private sector deal themselves.

Godlomightie... Some of this is really bad, especially people getting run over on the highway... The last two minutes was just too much. I couldn't even finish it.

I swear to hell... After I die, if I can, I will either deep-freeze this planet, detonate its core, or detonate the sun's core. It has gone too far for too long. Time for us to go to sleep.

I am reminded of a friend of mine whom I lost just days after our last camping trip near Austin in mid-March. She was killed by a drunk driver early on April 5, 2012. I didn't know about it until July 12th. I had wondered why she didn't reply to my texts nor emails, until she came to me in a very powerful, but short dream. Out of morbid curiosity, I googled her name, age, and Tomball, and there it was... Sigh. I didn't see a photo of her anywhere online, so I freaked out and made myself pay attention to safety while going to the police station to get an answer. It was her. I'm sure some of you have experienced something like this... Especially since we were roommates for about a year, and we had gotten real close.

I promise, if I am what I am, all of us will go home some day. And we won't have to come back to something like this. Ever again.

Last edited:
I'm glad to live in the United States with no expectation to leave. I feel safer with the car under my control and not under control of a wild person. I can react to other wild drivers to protect myself and not just sit and hope the driver sees the danger.

I'm sure some of you have experienced something like this.

I have experienced something almost identical. My best friend of my whole life accidentally killed herself alone driving home from work on an empty road during a blizzard. I didn't find out until four days later when electricity was restored to our house and I connected to her work network to talk to her. Her co-worker told me what happened, and I confirmed with her parents. I could not function in my mind for years after that. I don't know if she had studded tires.

Wow. That's really interesting. It would be nice if the country (and it's power players/government) would make a change for the positive.

Back