Would you be buried at sea?

Morbid on this thread today
Wdys I used to live in highest Jewish area outside Israel in Europe and they never got cremated they paid certain amount to synagogue and just got buried stone ceremony six months later.i been to them.woman sitting on wooden beams for couple of days people going into their homes pay respects to the next of kin

When I was a teenager in CT, we lived across the street from a small Jewish cemetery. It was very nice. It had lots of shade trees and a small brook running thru it. On the grave stones there were little doors that you could open to see pictures of the deceased.

Morbid on this thread today
Wdys I used to live in highest Jewish area outside Israel in Europe and they never got cremated they paid certain amount to synagogue and just got buried stone ceremony six months later.i been to them.woman sitting on wooden beams for couple of days people going into their homes pay respects to the next of kin

When my dad dies there was a man sitting with his coffin until he was buried so he would not be alone . My mother was so surprise to see who was sitting her husband , mom lived on the same street of the man growing up. That is true we are not allowed to be cremated , my dad wanted this but it did not happen . He told me didn't want to be buried . When my mom die she wanted to buried in a red dress , so my daughter and I brought her one , but this was not allowed . We have be buried in a white shroud , we told the red dress would be put in the coffin with my mom and she could put it on when she got to heaven .
Yeah right !

Hubby and I discussed this again last night. (having surgery tomorrow)Always a good idea to make your wishes known. It takes the difficult decisions away from your loved ones. I decided to finally fill out an Advanced Directive. It is a morbid conversation at any age but death can happen to anyone at anytime. I don't want anyone feeling guilty after I am gone.

Hubby and I discussed this again last night. (having surgery tomorrow)Always a good idea to make your wishes known. It takes the difficult decisions away from your loved ones. I decided to finally fill out an Advanced Directive. It is a morbid conversation at any age but death can happen to anyone at anytime. I don't want anyone feeling guilty after I am gone.

Its better to do it than leave it up undecided. I made out a living will before I had CI surgery in 2009 that has instructions for everything including pulling the plug if 2 or more physicians say I'm brain dead and which organs to donate and other stuff taking the decision away from my family all together. And I put in a section that it will remain in effect indefinitely until a written notice is given to void it. Signed, notarized and on file with every dr I've seen or hospital I've been in since then and my family is aware of it and knows to follow it.

I have difficulty with pulling the plug,Wish I could be direct and I know what the right thing but I not brave enough to pull the plug I left it to others to decide but organs definatly to be donated..

Back