Would going to Gallaudet be a good experience for me?

Go for it, it really doesn't matter what type of college you should attend, just follow your dreams....

Good Luck! :thumb:

^Angel^ said:
Go for it, it really doesn't matter what type of college you should attend, just follow your dreams....

Good Luck! :thumb:

That's what im doing but i just want to know if my decisions will have an impact on me and my life and my education

Colleges tend to offer some type of summer program for high school students
Gally does offer a summer camp type thing for dhh high school kids. Definitly take advantage of ANY programs like that.
it really doesn't matter what type of college you should attend, just follow your dreams....
Actually, I think that going to a college with a strong dhh signing population or a college with a lot of dhh kids is important so you get appropraite services. It's hard to get appropreaite services if you're only one of a handful of dhh kids at a particular academic insistution.

TiaraPrincess said:
I always thought there was only Gally, which I knew I would never go to. I then found out about NTID/RIT and I would choose that over Gally because of diversity hearing and deaf. When you're out of the world you'll be back to meeting hearing people, so that's why there should be a combination of what's real. I never heard about CSUN, so I might check that out.
That's exactly what happened with me. I knew about Gallaudet. Later, I heard about RIT. After applying for RIT, I was told about NTID and I'm like, "WTF!?" I never heard of NTID. Heh!

VamPyroX said:
That's exactly what happened with me. I knew about Gallaudet. Later, I heard about RIT. After applying for RIT, I was told about NTID and I'm like, "WTF!?" I never heard of NTID. Heh!

heheh, i didnt even hear about that until a year ago, along with RIT

DaniR said:
Yes it's very helpful, i have a brother and a sister who's like me but other than that, we got a big hearing family and we're all oral

In that case, i recommend you to visit both school and see what u really want and like some other people say, go to EYF or a camp @ gally. so u can be able to meet some people and make new friends, & see from there :) Its cold up in rochester in winter! in DC, weather's unpredictable! tee hee

sararose said:
In that case, i recommend you to visit both school and see what u really want and like some other people say, go to EYF or a camp @ gally. so u can be able to meet some people and make new friends, & see from there :) Its cold up in rochester in winter! in DC, weather's unpredictable! tee hee

Yeah I'll prolly get to do that and make a decision from there, i like the cold! lol :p

Back