Would anybody eat pizza in Italy?

just had take away hawiian pizza it was not that good wish had fish&chips

It looks like you start your car with all that grease on the American pizza , there is pizza shop in my city that made pizza like that and my daughter and I have use a napkin to mop up some of the grease . You would not know good food if you saw it. Yes I would love to have real Italian pizza .

Oftentimes, the source of this "grease" you are talking about comes from cheese....what else would give off the kind of grease you are talking about?

Oftentimes, the source of this "grease" you are talking about comes from cheese....what else would give off the kind of grease you are talking about?

It depend on the quality of the cheese and I had plenty of pizzas that was not greasy . The oil in the sauce will made if greasy too . A Good pizza is not covered in so much grease you could start a car with it ! The top 2 pizzas are not greasy , I would pick them over the greasy one.

Pepperoni can be greasy, too.

But Italian pizzas are small. American pizzas are big! Bigger is better

that is true. italian pizzas are small but they're rich in ingredients with fresh toppings... it's actually fulfilling. you know what's even smaller? french pizza :lol:

it's a plate-size.... an average size of plate in American household. and you know what's even perplexing? French people use............ forks and knives to eat pizza....

:wtf:

not wanting to be the one with no table manner.... I had to use fork and knife to eat a pizza.... and then my hands got some spasms and arthritis pain. I looked around and quickly ate it with my hand.... the good ole' American way

even smaller? french pizza :lol:

it's a plate-size.... an average size of plate in American household. and you know what's even perplexing? French people use............ forks and knives to eat pizza....

:wtf:

not wanting to be the one with no table manner.... I had to use fork and knife to eat a pizza.... and then my hands got some spasms and arthritis pain. I looked around and quickly ate it with my hand.... the good ole' American way[/QUOTE]

I thought everyone use knife forks or put knife fork on table I skim top off leave dough...don't in Italy bc eat in street
icon12.gif

Costco's outdoor food court in my hometown makes XL pizza...OMG it's the best I have ever tasted in West Coast (long lines every day [average 30 minutes]). It tastes like the greasy ones I always ate in East Coast at Journal Square in Jersey City owned/operated by 3 old 100% Italian guys when I was young before Pathway kicked them out. 25 cents per slice (HUGE slice) I never forget it.

Of course, in Italy they still serve pepperoni pizza.

Last edited:
not really. that's how "real pizza" is made in Italian. when a food looks "too clean and too nice".... that means it's not made from fresh ingredients. it's a processed food.

look at top... real homemade dough with real cheese.... and olive oil. and then look at bottom.... everything is processed and made from processed ingredients... that's why it's looks "perfect" while it's dripping wet with thick yellow grease.

fresh food always looks imperfect. your homemade pizza will looks like the top one - always.... and I know because we've made it dozens of times.

I like watching Anthony Bourdain....on a recent program filmed in Italy, he had a pizza that looked very imperfect! :lol: He gave it high marks, of course.

I think it is kinda hard to make a really bad pizza.....

There's no right or wrong way for a pizza to look but the ingredients should all be fresh - I prefer pizza made in Sicily...but that's me....

Laura

Greasy pizza isnt always from excessive cheese, olive oil is used all the time to prevent sticking and also applied to the top of pizza

I, too, wouldn't mind an opportunity to eat true Italian pizza....... or any pasta there, for that matter. As for pepperoni, I eat that, too. :P

Back