Worst Breakup

Ildri

Reaction score
I was engaged. I thought everything was fine. My fiance was acting a little odd for a week or so, but when I asked- repeatedly- if he was sure that everything was okay, he said yes, that he just wasn't feeling well. We'd been living together about a year and our lease was close to running out. Tuesday we were out looking at apartments. Wednesday he said, don't go back to the apartment during the day, I have a surprise that I don't want you to see until I'm done.

That surprise? He moved everything out into his new apartment that he'd signed for on Monday. That's right, the day before he'd gone apartment hunting with me. He just hadn't wanted to deal with the "Im leaving you" conversation.

First of all... thoughts on that???

Second, I think hearing about other horrible breakups might actually make me feel a little better in a misery-loves-company sort of way. What are some of the worst break-ups you've been through or heard about?

:ty:

My friend who was engaged and was 3 weeks shy of her wedding had a nasty breakup with her fiancee. She caught him cheating on her by accidently reading his text messages on his cell phone. He had been acting strange towards her during that time period. That was a year ago and now she is happily engaged to a wonderful man who is her age (her ex fiancee was 20 years old while she was 38 years old).

My ex hubby cheated on me with one of my good friends and I had to find out through the grapevine at Gallaudet University. Yes, it was soooo wonderful! NOT! That was 10 years ago and since then I have made a new life for myself with my 2nd husband.

I was engaged. I thought everything was fine. My fiance was acting a little odd for a week or so, but when I asked- repeatedly- if he was sure that everything was okay, he said yes, that he just wasn't feeling well. We'd been living together about a year and our lease was close to running out. Tuesday we were out looking at apartments. Wednesday he said, don't go back to the apartment during the day, I have a surprise that I don't want you to see until I'm done.

That surprise? He moved everything out into his new apartment that he'd signed for on Monday. That's right, the day before he'd gone apartment hunting with me. He just hadn't wanted to deal with the "Im leaving you" conversation.

First of all... thoughts on that???

:ty:

He's a bloody wanker. It's best it happened now before it got even more serious, i.e children, a mortgage, years thinking things were great. You're better off.

that is sad broken, I understand you feeling hurt because his reason leaving!

Sometimes I was my ex girlfriend! I am tried on communication! I give up because It is not easy relationship! I am bored on my gf! Sometimes she said dump up!
I don't think so future predict on problem serious! I believe match on not same! not perfect

Pretty awful. At least you can count your blessings you didn't actually get married and then face some horrible betrayal when you had kids, a mortgage, and lots of responsibilities.

And with any luck you will meet someone worthwhile who is honest, and will really love you.

Thanks for your responses, everyone. A coward and a bloody wanker, indeed.

Definitely Heartbroken.

My worst break up is when I pay my Swedish date to visit London with me for a week in 2007. At the end of the week, there is a cafe with a beautiful view of Big Ben/London Bridge. We sat there, and I asked my date to consider to live with me in United States, and she says never and explained me with very lackadaisical reason, which she broke my heart...and yes she used me. It was hard for me to fly back to USA on the next day, and it took a while for me to move on. Now she is happily married to 50 years old Muslim guy in London. :hmm:

Love can be full of pain sometimes.

Sorry to hear about the boyfriend moving out on you....a coward, he is, and I could say more about that which wouldn't be printable!....Hope you can take in some solance in knowing that "what goes around...comes around."...That's a horrible way to treat someone.

My ex kinda bruised pretty badly in college after we broke up. he killed himself because of me (what a moron) a couple years ago and his friends still harass me though email with threats and stuff. :roll: it was awful about a year ago but the problem was solved 6 months ago. Good riddance, mofo.

I'm still good friends with my other exs though. Everyone has a psycho ex, yes? lol

That is just a plain awful thing to experience Ildri.

He's an :asshole: and a :sure:

My ex kinda bruised pretty badly in college after we broke up. he killed himself because of me (what a moron) a couple years ago and his friends still harass me though email with threats and stuff. :roll: it was awful about a year ago but the problem was solved 6 months ago. Good riddance, mofo.

I'm still good friends with my other exs though. Everyone has a psycho ex, yes? lol
That's messed up. :eek3:

Ildri - my heart goes out to you. What a jerk! Well, I'm glad you're finding this out now and not after you got married.

Whoa... seriously!? Jeez! That's horrible!

Sorry you had to go through with that. :(

I'm sure you'll find someone better.

No one deserves to be treated that way! :(

wow- I never seen such a coward like that in a long time. Its a horrible way to find out, but not as horrible as finding out during marriage. Take heed and just take your time to heal.

Ildri, that was a tough thing for you to go through. I second all the others who way better to have found out now rather than later! Definitely he took the coward's way out.

I couldn't even begin to imagine to go through what you did. I have my own issues currently but if I was left hanging like that I prolly wouldn't speak to him again.

I can't even tell you how many heartbreaks I've gone though, lies, cheated, betrayals in the past that I still have some issues with letting go.

I do believe in karma though. He will get whats coming to him. Just keep your chin up girl :)

Wow, that guy just defined the word "JERK." He has no balls. I hope you heal quickly and move on to much, much better things.

Back