worried woman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I got an even better story:

This 19 year old woman was down on her luck and became a coke addict. She became pregnant and wanted to do an abortion. She couldn't afford one and her religious parents refused to help because abortion was against their beliefs. The parents came over to their daughter's house one day and said to her "Look at this as a blessing. This can change your life. You can stop doing drugs, raise a wonderful child, then we will help you financially." The woman agreed and decides to try to raise the baby. She stops doing drugs and has a healthy baby boy. Life is wonderful.

(although, soon after the birth, the woman resorted back to drugs, and because of that, the parents refused to help her financially. So the mother relies on men to help her, and the men frequently beat her son. Her son did end up being a drug user like her mother. But hey, thats not the point of the story! The point is that she had a healthy beautiful baby boy, right??)

And that is what is happening with my husband's cousin. Not exact but very eerily similiar. The grandmother is left to raise the child who is only 6 years old and has FAS.

For yourself, no but for others, u cant tell them what is a choice or not.

Why do you think that I tell them what is a choice or not ? Can't YOU read what I said in my recent post " IMO " ? What does that " IMO " tell you ? IMO is ONLY for me, not for others. My IMO is NOT their IMO. I have the right to SAY that abortion is NOT a choice. This is an open forum.

Don't turn this into another deep argument, I think all of us here needs to try to keep an open mind and hear all the opinions and views. You have two groups pro-choice and pro-life with two different view points. There is nothing you can do to change their mind, either can we, so why fight it? It pointless.

Just my two cents.

It seems that u misunderstood my post..

Let me clarify...when I said for herself, no. What I mean is that abortion is not a choice for herself. Translation..it means she can be against it for her own personal beliefs and can apply it to herself.

I know that not everyone believes in abortion and I dont have a problem with it because it doesnt affect me personally. My only problem is if those who dont believe in it want others to follow their views or beliefs as well by telling others it is not a choice for them or calling others criminal for having them. I think that is very disrespectful.

Oh, we used condoms but 6 years later, one condom broke and I got pregnant. Sometimes teenagers find themselves in the same situation which is why I wish they would hold off sex until later but I cant preach it since I didnt. That would make me a hypocrate.
None of us want to wait till married if we are meant to get married later in life. Back in early days, they got married young and had kids young but today things are different. Our society want us to wait till 20's then get married and having families. Of course we don't want to stay virgin till late 20's or 30's.

Why do you think that I tell them what is a choice or not ? Can't YOU read what I said in my recent post " IMO " ? What does that " IMO " tell you ? IMO is ONLY for me, not for others. My IMO is NOT their IMO. I have the right to SAY that abortion is NOT a choice. This is an open forum.
We heard you aloud and clear, why repeat yourself?

"In my opinion" can mean u are referring to others. If you were just referring to it not being a choice for yourself, it sure would be helpful if you added that.

We heard you aloud and clear, why repeat yourself?

Why pro-choicers repeat themselves as well ? :cool: They can debate repeatly about rape, health reason and so forth. I can say my pieces as well --- can't I ?

Okay I have a question for you here. Here I am 47 years old and I am still fertile but I have diabetic and hormones problem, in god forbid if I happen to be pregnant at almost 48. So u tell me I have no choice but force myself to carry it?

Okay I have a question for you here. Here I am 47 years old and I am still fertile but I have diabetic and hormones problem, in god forbid if I happen to be pregnant at almost 48. So u tell me I have no choice but force myself to carry it?

Right...that is what Maria's post sounded like...like it wasnt a choice for anyone in "her opinion". :dunno:

Mod's Note:

The thread has been moved to it's proper location. Since this thread is related to 'abortion'; It'd be better to have it on the Ontopic Debate Forum.

I ask for each and every one of you to discuss this issue with respect because we all very well know what happens when a controversial topic comes up in the light.

Thanks.

Right...that is what Maria's post sounded like...like it wasnt a choice for anyone in "her opinion". :dunno:
Mayve she did not know this but if we were forced to carry it and we died because of it then they are considered being a murderer also..

Mod's Note:

The thread has been moved to it's proper location. Since this thread is related to 'abortion'; It'd be better to have it on the Ontopic Debate Forum.

I ask for each and every one of you to discuss this issue with respect because we all very well know what happens when a controversial topic comes up in the light.

Thanks.

Jolie, while I am inclined to agree with you but in this thread, I was already turned off by the orginal post with the implication that anyone who gets an abortion are comitting a crime. That has already set the tone for a flame-throwing thread cuz in essence, this thread is sorta of bashing those who get or have gotten abortions, doesnt it?

Ladies and Gentlemen..... no need to explain yourself to pro-lifers. Why bother? Abortion is LEGAL in America and the Supreme Court's on our side. that's all. Nothing to argue about because it's not going to change anytime soon.

sucks for pro-lifers..... sorry and epic win for us :cool2:

I was already turned off by the orginal post with the implication that anyone who gets an abortion are comitting a crime. That has already set the tone for a flame-throwing thread cuz in essence, this thread is sorta of bashing those who get or have gotten abortions, doesnt it?

There are many threads that I've seen were inappropriate where it'll end up in a flame war. You have a choice to post or don't post, You have a choice to ignored or don't ignored, You have a choice to particular to the discussion and you also have a choice not to.

Yeah Jiro sucks to be us. "whatever" ;)

There are many threads that I've seen were inappropriate where it'll end up in a flame war. You have a choice to post or don't post, You have a choice to ignored or don't ignored, You have a choice to particular to the discussion and you also have a choice not to.

:gpost: Cheri. I agree. :)

Mayve she did not know this but if we were forced to carry it and we died because of it then they are considered being a murderer also..

You can always have your own choices. You are not me and I am not you. I don't tell you what to do. I also still have my right to say my pieces in this open forum. :)

I chose to post in it. What's your point?

You can always have your own choices. You are not me and I am not you. I don't tell you what to do. I also still have my right to say my pieces in this open forum. :)

Would you call her a murderer if she got an abortion? That's the whole point...I am sure jazzy or others who have gotten abortion probably wouldnt appreciate being called a murderer.

Don't turn this into another deep argument, I think all of us here needs to try to keep an open mind and hear all the opinions and views. You have two groups pro-choice and pro-life with two different view points. There is nothing you can do to change their mind, either can we, so why fight it? It pointless.

Just my two cents.

Abortion turns into a deep argument no matter what. It's the nature of it. It's how people feel. We've had these discussions until we're all blue in the face and you know what? No a thing changes. People still support it and people still are against it. Threads get locked. I'm sure this one will in time as well.

This is how it goes here on AD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back