World’s Most Disgusting Apartment Is In Houston

The resident of that apartment could be severely mentally ill. He or she could be suffering from a deep depression which would hinder him or her from keeping the apartment clean. I hope that resident gets help.

Hoarders often suffer from depression because they know that they have a problem but at the same time feel as if they are stuck and there's nothing that can be done to remedy the situation.

Sorry if I'm sounding like a total braniac on the hoarding subject.

That's right. I hope the resident gets help.

yeah me going on again about friend house. but SO freaked out I don't know what to do next!!! She going away for 7 days visit parents - should I clean her house or no, what you say?
Please tell me!!!

You should encourage her to get psychiatric/psychological help, and you could offer to help her clean up, but don't do it all by yourself. She needs to participate in the clean-up. And then, every week, remind her to do some cleaning up in her house. Encourage her to keep her house clean. But don't make her feel bad about it, I am sure she feel really bad about it already on her own.

The resident of that apartment could be severely mentally ill. He or she could be suffering from a deep depression which would hinder him or her from keeping the apartment clean. I hope that resident gets help.

Exactly. I also hope they get help.

Just the thought of an apartment that disgusting depresses me. :shock:

Never mind the mold, leftover food left out like that, add one house fly and ya got yourself maggots baby!

Never mind the mold, leftover food left out like that, add one house fly and ya got yourself maggots baby!

EWWW - I just threw up in my mouth a little at the thought of that. :barf:

I used to help manage a 200-unit apartment/townhouse complex - and believe me...it can get worse. Much worse.

Obviously this person is suffering from some mental illnessness and needs serious help. It is really sad that there are people living like that especially if others look down on them instead of helping them. I am sure people probably tried to help her and she probably refused. Sometimes, some people are in denial about the conditions they live in. It would be hard to imagine judging from the pictures.

For me, a little clutter sets me off in a anxiety mode. I think I am a little OCD about being clean...like on the opposite side of the spectrum.

It also look like some of the band houses I have seen in my younger wilder years, where it is not mental illness but drugs and a certain type of lifestyle that can lead to a house that looks that way.

Back