Women ONly...Period Problems...TMI?

hellos245

Reaction score
I have been having problems since 2004, and they keep getting worse. NO doctor wants to understand how bad this is.
So, is this "normal" or is something really going wrong and doctors dont care because I dont have insurance?

A week before my period I get really nauseous, no appetite, & "flu like". A few days before I get my period I start having slight cramps. But the day I start my period is the worst thing ever. I have to leave work, go home, and debate on going to the ER.

One time for example, I started my period around 5pm, and so did the misery of my symptoms. I went to the restroom to clean up, and I started to get really shakey, really hot & dizzy. Then on my way back downstairs I passed out and somehow ended up outside. I was shivering from the cold wind (Live in WI, and this was during the winter') but so hot and sweaty. I had the urge I had to use the bathroom, but couldn't stand up, I was so weak. My head was spinning, and my cramps were so bad I could feel my abdomin pulsating.
This all lasted for about 3 hours. This happens everytime I have my period. I wish I could explain just how bad it really is. A girl I work with was the one that found me outside, was really scared, and almost called the ambulance.
Is this normal? What can I do? Also:My legs and hands went really tingly, numb, and swelled up. I was so weak. I couldnt talk.
For a few minutes I was disorientated and didnt know what happened, or how I got outside, I know I hit my head off the door. I think thats what "woke" me up.
I usually get really nauseaous to but this time I didnt.
There was so much blood, and today will be heavy but tomorrow will be light, then it will stop. Its like it all comes out at once.
What is going on?
I wish I could get a hysterectomy, and be done with this misery.

The doc's wont do anything, Ive tried pushing for tests and seeing different doctors but the only option they give me is going back on the depo shot so I wont have periods.

I worry about being anemic-my mom is. I might have to go to the hosptial next month, maybe something will really be done, I cant suffer this for many more months, it gets worse each time. But I usually take meds, then just sit on the toilet for 2-3 hours until the cramps calm down enough and the blood flow is decent enough to go on the couch for the rest of the night. Its just hard with no insurance.

I know there is no quick fix, it would just be nice to know what they heck is going on.

Other info: I'm 24
I started my period when I was 13, and didnt even have cramps, and knew exactly what day I would start. Then started to have problems at 15.
My pain scale: On my 1st day its a 10 , to the point I black out, I cant even talk it hurts so bad. The rest of the month its about a 2-4, theres always pain/cramps there but Ive learned to deal with them. I also have a hiatel hernia, which they blame some pain on.
No kids.

I was on the pill for a year, but it made me so sick, (now Im sick all the time anyhow.) Then they had me on depo-but only for 2 years. I havent been on anything since I was 19-20, and every month its getting worse. Something needs to be done, its just hard without insurance.
I also have pain during intercourse.
I take medication to help with PMS, and it helps but not enough, plus the medications have side effects.

ANYONE HAVE SIMILAR EXPERIENCES?

The first thing I thought of was: check into your blood type dos and don'ts. Eat right when you're on your period.

i do have peroid when i was 14 years old and i never told my parents till i told my mom admit i had peroid..

im use peroid for longtimes but i did went to dr and my dr check my stomatch makes sure you have peroid or not how long you have peroid?

im been peroid for few weeks im been peroid for 2 weeks or mores but im use always pads all the times..

when i started my stomatch cramps i have no idea im so patient and i use pads for few days they later gone no more peroids..

and plus you should have smear paps annual every years also but i do taking smear paps makes sure i have no cancer all the times..

You are exhibiting a lot of symptoms related to progesterone issues. In your post, you mentioned Depo. Progesterone control is very connected to the Depo shots. I tried Depo last year for endometriosis issues (because I've already had 5 surgeries on this!) and many, many of your symptoms fit what I experienced. After six months of the Depo, I said "NO MORE!" . The treatment was worse than the ailment. (I cannot carry children, so it wasn't a birth control issue.) As for you, get your progesterone levels checked. You may be out of balance. Could possibly be that simple.

Thanks...

You are exhibiting a lot of symptoms related to progesterone issues. In your post, you mentioned Depo. Progesterone control is very connected to the Depo shots. I tried Depo last year for endometriosis issues (because I've already had 5 surgeries on this!) and many, many of your symptoms fit what I experienced. After six months of the Depo, I said "NO MORE!" . The treatment was worse than the ailment. (I cannot carry children, so it wasn't a birth control issue.) As for you, get your progesterone levels checked. You may be out of balance. Could possibly be that simple.

They did do some blood work on me, and I think thats one thing they tested. Why was depo bad for you?

Wow! I went to the hospital last week because I had incredible stomach cramps and pains shooting out from my hip down to my knee that lasted about 24 hours. I couldn't stand up straight and finally went to ER. While in the ER waiting room, I picked up a woman's mag and there was an article about PMS and it was said that one of the symptoms of PMS is debilitating pain in hips and legs as well as cramps bad enough to make you go to the bathroom and vomit. All of which was happening was to me.

My doctors confirmed the same after asking me alot of questions and doing a series of tests.

I've never even gotten bad menstrual cramps before in my life so this came as a major surprise.

So, it's perhaps that you're unfortunately one of those women who get very very severe PMS symptoms.

My doctor gave me a prescription for anti-inflammatories in case this happens again. You might want to ask your doctor for the same prescription to address the pain and cramping from PMS.

By the way, talk to your gynecologist about what you're dealing with and make sure she's a woman.

That sounds awful.

When I developed really bad bleeding, nearly hemorraghing, the ob/gyn discovered I had fibroids. I did indeed become anemic from it and had to take iron pills. I had a couple of D and Cs, and then finally a hysterectomy. But I was 47 at the time of the final surgery, not 24.

Definitely you need better help than what you're getting. No one should go through life with that misery every month. Get your hormone levels checked; also an ultrasound might help determine if you might have fibroids. Planned Parenthood might be able to help you. They offer services way beyond birth control, often at very low cost to the patients.

I have been having problems since 2004, and they keep getting worse. NO doctor wants to understand how bad this is.
So, is this "normal" or is something really going wrong and doctors dont care because I dont have insurance?

A week before my period I get really nauseous, no appetite, & "flu like". A few days before I get my period I start having slight cramps. But the day I start my period is the worst thing ever. I have to leave work, go home, and debate on going to the ER.

One time for example, I started my period around 5pm, and so did the misery of my symptoms. I went to the restroom to clean up, and I started to get really shakey, really hot & dizzy. Then on my way back downstairs I passed out and somehow ended up outside. I was shivering from the cold wind (Live in WI, and this was during the winter') but so hot and sweaty. I had the urge I had to use the bathroom, but couldn't stand up, I was so weak. My head was spinning, and my cramps were so bad I could feel my abdomin pulsating.
This all lasted for about 3 hours. This happens everytime I have my period. I wish I could explain just how bad it really is. A girl I work with was the one that found me outside, was really scared, and almost called the ambulance.
Is this normal? What can I do? Also:My legs and hands went really tingly, numb, and swelled up. I was so weak. I couldnt talk.
For a few minutes I was disorientated and didnt know what happened, or how I got outside, I know I hit my head off the door. I think thats what "woke" me up.
I usually get really nauseaous to but this time I didnt.
There was so much blood, and today will be heavy but tomorrow will be light, then it will stop. Its like it all comes out at once.
What is going on?
I wish I could get a hysterectomy, and be done with this misery.

The doc's wont do anything, Ive tried pushing for tests and seeing different doctors but the only option they give me is going back on the depo shot so I wont have periods.

I worry about being anemic-my mom is. I might have to go to the hosptial next month, maybe something will really be done, I cant suffer this for many more months, it gets worse each time. But I usually take meds, then just sit on the toilet for 2-3 hours until the cramps calm down enough and the blood flow is decent enough to go on the couch for the rest of the night. Its just hard with no insurance.

I know there is no quick fix, it would just be nice to know what they heck is going on.

Other info: I'm 24
I started my period when I was 13, and didnt even have cramps, and knew exactly what day I would start. Then started to have problems at 15.
My pain scale: On my 1st day its a 10 , to the point I black out, I cant even talk it hurts so bad. The rest of the month its about a 2-4, theres always pain/cramps there but Ive learned to deal with them. I also have a hiatel hernia, which they blame some pain on.
No kids.

I was on the pill for a year, but it made me so sick, (now Im sick all the time anyhow.) Then they had me on depo-but only for 2 years. I havent been on anything since I was 19-20, and every month its getting worse. Something needs to be done, its just hard without insurance.
I also have pain during intercourse.
I take medication to help with PMS, and it helps but not enough, plus the medications have side effects.

ANYONE HAVE SIMILAR EXPERIENCES?

see doctor.

Jiro, read the whole thing. She HAS seen a doctor, but has not received adequate help. That is all too common for women with menstrual problems, unfortunately.

Jiro, read the whole thing. She HAS seen a doctor, but has not received adequate help. That is all too common for women with menstrual problems, unfortunately.

I have, you didnt read the post.

keep searching for doctor who actually cares. if you're in NJ/NY, I can recommend you one. the best around here.

Yeah..

That sounds awful.

When I developed really bad bleeding, nearly hemorraghing, the ob/gyn discovered I had fibroids. I did indeed become anemic from it and had to take iron pills. I had a couple of D and Cs, and then finally a hysterectomy. But I was 47 at the time of the final surgery, not 24.

Definitely you need better help than what you're getting. No one should go through life with that misery every month. Get your hormone levels checked; also an ultrasound might help determine if you might have fibroids. Planned Parenthood might be able to help you. They offer services way beyond birth control, often at very low cost to the patients.

I did try Planned Parenthood, the doc is a female. She wanted an Ultrasound.. but they dont do them at the clinic so I would have to pay full price for it, which is a lot of $.
I did have blood work done to check some hormones, and the doc said the results were nothing to be concerned about.

You have to get that ultrasound. Ask your family for money, cut out ALL extraneous bills (cable tv, expensive cell phone plan, maybe some of the extras in your groceries, whatever), and figure out a way to pay for it.

You cannot keep living like this. Perhaps literally. What if you had been driving when you passed out? This is SERIOUS, and you need to do what it takes to get it diagnosed.

Wow. I see your post in other thread- Birth Control Pills. Your case is just like my half sister's. We're opposite, actually. Her case was extremely severe. She spent many hours sitting on the toilet bleeding out. She have had been to the ER occasionally. She fainted a few times. She tried everything.

Her tumor was discovered in the uterus. She found out through x-ray. Of course, she had it removed. About a few weeks later, she decided to have her uterus removed.. Well, During the surgery, the same doctor was going to remove uterus, but somehow the tumor grew back from nowhere and it was much bigger than original tumor. He was just shocked. and had never seen anything like it before. He had to remove every inch of unhealthy tissue carefully, so the tumor would not grow back.

After the surgery, she recovered quickly, and feels so better. She is free from all that suffering she had to go through.

Go take ultrasound and x-ray. Your case is so severe. :O

Personally, I don't think you should drive. While I was on the pill, I felt my heart palpitation coming, and had to park at the gas station immediately. Thanks goodness, I had to go home just a half mile away.

Also, don't take HOT showers.

Wow

Wow. I see your post in other thread- Birth Control Pills. Your case is just like my half sister's. We're opposite, actually. Her case was extremely severe. She spent many hours sitting on the toilet bleeding out. She have had been to the ER occasionally. She fainted a few times. She tried everything.

Her tumor was discovered in the uterus. She found out through x-ray. Of course, she had it removed. About a few weeks later, she decided to have her uterus removed.. Well, During the surgery, the same doctor was going to remove uterus, but somehow the tumor grew back from nowhere and it was much bigger than original tumor. He was just shocked. and had never seen anything like it before. He had to remove every inch of unhealthy tissue carefully, so the tumor would not grow back.

After the surgery, she recovered quickly, and feels so better. She is free from all that suffering she had to go through.

Go take ultrasound and x-ray. Your case is so severe. :O

Personally, I don't think you should drive. While I was on the pill, I felt my heart palpitation coming, and had to park at the gas station immediately. Thanks goodness, I had to go home just a half mile away.

Also, don't take HOT showers.

Thanks for the info!! :ty:
I will call the doctor back and push for some more tests. Wish me luck :)
I dont drive, I take the bus. I hate driving anyhow. And I only pass out on the 1st day of my period.
I dont take hot showers...they are always cold.

:aw:wow, wish you the best luck, hello245 - maybe stupid question but is there something - or couple of things - you could sell to help you pay for the ultrasound? Could you check with local social services/free or reduced clinics and see if there is anyone who could assist you in getting a reduced-cost ultrasound or any other method of paying for one?
may times you can arrange some kind of payment plan with medical providers as long as you pay something each month, and for a situation severe like yours, it might be in your best interest to try to discuss that with someone in Billing where they would do the ultrasound.
we have not-so-great insurance so I understand the dilemma-

:aw:wow, wish you the best luck, hello245 - maybe stupid question but is there something - or couple of things - you could sell to help you pay for the ultrasound? Could you check with local social services/free or reduced clinics and see if there is anyone who could assist you in getting a reduced-cost ultrasound or any other method of paying for one?
may times you can arrange some kind of payment plan with medical providers as long as you pay something each month, and for a situation severe like yours, it might be in your best interest to try to discuss that with someone in Billing where they would do the ultrasound.
we have not-so-great insurance so I understand the dilemma-

Ive went to free clinics and they said my case wasnt severe enough to go with further testing. They dont want to waste their funds. Jerks. All they want to do is give me birth control.
I had to make arrangements on my blood tests, still trying to pay for those.

I am honest I am research find personal recommand your doctor worth your! you have problem, I notice my gf is very have PSM reason headache serious! she is very not good I am surrprised,my gf don't told me she is confident otherwise, I recommend for family doctor or hospital should be fix! Doctor professional help you advise detail!

Back