Women in Christianity

Status
Not open for further replies.
hottiedeafboi said:
MT, I have clue why you put ur thought of viewing of me. ...But makes me feel like finding a way to make me look bad and think that how I act. MT, I will hot hold bitter against you. Bec its not my way of doing.
It's not my view of YOU personally, it's my view of the old tired paradigmn you are trying to defend. Only YOU can make YOU look bad. I feel sad for women who agree to be second class in thier own homes, but it is their right. I am just not going to sit here and say I think that's great.

MT, you can't decide what u think of Joyce Meyers or other women and claiming that's their false happiness. I don't know what you ve been going thru or whatever. Let me put it this way, I have so so many friends some christians some are not. Now, when I m with a friend or some friends and somewhere along the way, they know I'm a christian, but the way I treat them is not the same other christians does. When we shared differently, those been saying how christians are, how they treating them in different ways, and saying how christians are. So I ask, oh my, I didn't know I act that way. They said, oh no no no, not you, bec the way I treat them is differently. See, they see me as a christian, but instead they wouldn't be a christian bec what THEY did to them. Its like I'm a invisible person. What I have seen, the race of people, rleigion of people, men and women. I see is that we re not human, we are percentage or average kind. Whatever the highest percent that's who you are, not seeing you as a person, but seeing you as a "percentage". And also some people use the opinion, for example, I'm right about you and you are wrong about you. That's very timidating and offensive. Also, many ,many times, when using online like this forum, can lead many misundertanding about the person, some obvious some claim it. Lots of women use wrong idea about men as much men to women. Sometime, women can claiming their opinion for vengence reasoning. I meant some women. Even I, haven't timidating women. Even I show that lady friend of mine and she couldn't believe what u said, by claiming and using other women as false happiness. As she said even she doesn't know you and I don't either, but thinking that u must have lot of anger against men. Remember, we aren't sure if that what it is. You woouldnt agree if I said, yes, that's obivous she has that problem, and I say obvious you are in denial. To me, that's noplace for me to say thatabout you.

hottiedeafboi said:
MT, you can't decide what u think of Joyce Meyers or other women and claiming that's their false happiness.
Yes, I CAN and DO decide what I think of other people and their motivations, but I didn't say anything about false happines. That was Rose who said that.

hottiedeafboi said:
I don't know what you ve been going thru or whatever...As she said even she doesn't know you and I don't either, but thinking that u must have lot of anger against men. Remember, we aren't sure if that what it is. You woouldnt agree if I said, yes, that's obivous she has that problem, and I say obvious you are in denial. To me, that's noplace for me to say thatabout you.
I have very little personal anger toward anyone. I am happily married to a man, one who does not subjugate me, and certainly one who does not think he gets to make "the final decision" on household matters. I am not sure why you'd think I am "going thorough" something, but I am a fairly satisfied, self-actualized person.

In any case, you can try to justify your statements and dodge the subject by turning things around on me - whatever - I still think that men who go into a marriage thinking they are "the boss", "the decision maker", "the final authority" are engaing in a subtle form of sexism, and the women who agree to this are complicit in their own undoing.

MT, I refuse to do such by what u claiming by thinking I'm justifying around you. I don't even manipulate it. Its good, I don't know if you pluck one stmt of mine and ignore the whole stmt. Or I say pull out all the negative stmt and throw the positive stmt out and summed it up and claim how I said it. Bec, I don't ever force or cut down on people like that. I don't ever act or say such word since I'm a husband by saying I'm your boss. That's timidating.

hottiedeafboi said:
...husband have to make a final decision
I already told you, I AM boiling it all down to just one thing you said because I think the rest is a bunch of lies you tell yourself to make it sound like saying something like this isn't so bad.

I said, its rare or not at all of that decision. And its total uncalled for getting so angry about it. Oh btw, is it really, rose said that about false happiness. I have to look it that, oops, thought its you. But the best I can say, sorry for make you feel that way and the way you sees it. But as for me, I will not bring that up that lead a controversial issues. But overall, I treat a woman with respect. So much differ views of seeing, and its not worth it to make a divisive attitude, which, I myself refuse to make a divisive. Its not of Christ. Oh I re read my stmt to make sure I said it, but didn't, which I'm glad I did, will you forgive me of this?

Yes, I was the one who was talking about false happiness.

The reason I said it is because if you are happy because you don't know that a problem exists (such as sexism), then it is not true happiness. It is a temporary feeling based on ignorance.

I think what they're trying to say is this: if the only time a woman gets to make the decision is when her husband accepts it (either because he would make the same decision, or because he doesn't think it's a big deal), then it's not really her decision at all - simply her acquiesence.

And that "freedom" - to be free when another allows you to be free, even if it's the vast majority of the time - isn't freedom at all.

I just saw the thread and have to post my opinion on a matter.

I 100% fully believe that the Mona Lisa is the picture of Jesus's wife!
His wife was Mary Magdelene! (or however it's correctly spelt)

I have allways been amazed about the difference how Jesus treated women and how the christian church treated women.

Rose Immortal - my female and deaf friend is an Episcopalian priest. I do agree that it's amazing how there's a strong patriarchial spin on religion via some churches justifying shabby treatment of women.

Dannie said:
I just saw the thread and have to post my opinion on a matter.

I 100% fully believe that the Mona Lisa is the picture of Jesus's wife!
His wife was Mary Magdelene! (or however it's correctly spelt)

That's not true. Mary magdelene was NEVER His wife, because Jesus is pure sinless man. He don't have the lust for a woman like you in the flesh - because, you are a sinner like the rest of us.

You got that idea that Mary was His wife from the fiction book called " Da Vinci Code ". That book was NEVER non-fiction as people would like to believe

Well, I don't believe that a " woman " should be a priest or pastor or what ever that is standin' on the stage/pedestal - IMO. A " man " is supposed to be the Head of the family and so forth -- so much the same for Jesus Christ who is the Head of the Church.

Jesus is the GodHead of all Universe and Earth.

CyberRed said:
That's not true. Mary magdelene was NEVER His wife, because Jesus is pure sinless man. He don't have the lust for a woman like you in the flesh - because, you are a sinner like the rest of us.

You got that idea that Mary was His wife from the fiction book called " Da Vinci Code ". That book was NEVER non-fiction as people would like to believe
Mary Magdalene was Jesus's closest person. She was never a sinner, that was thought up in early history to denigrade women.
Mary was closest to JC as shown in numerous scripts from very early time. Of course, the leaders of that time (400 AD) really didn't like it, so the propaganda started.

They however still couldn't remove the fact that according to the myth it was her that Jesus showed himself to first. She was most perceptive.

CyberRed said:
Well, I don't believe that a " woman " should be a priest or pastor or what ever that is standin' on the stage/pedestal - IMO. A " man " is supposed to be the Head of the family and so forth -- so much the same for Jesus Christ who is the Head of the Church.
In my opinion, Jesus would not have approved of a church denigrading woman. He believed in equality.

I never agree by looking at as degrading a woman. Yes, I agree men and women is equally treated. I do not believe as a Husband the head of the house meaning by degrading a wife. The husband should be the role how Christ does to women, not religious leaders. That's is pure false that mary magdalene is Jesus' wife. Amd no, Mary Magdalene is not sinless. Mary deeply devoted to Jesus and her heart is full of love and worshipping Jesus, bec who He is. I'm personally believe Jesus is ministering her to grow spiritually and also other women. In some cases, its not a fact, but it is possible or I say it can be, that like teaching men how to have a role that God called them to do and women in likewise. Women is more humility than men in those days. But today hardly any women are humility. There are some are humilty. I love both men and women who are humility and those who learn from each other. Jesus loves everyone and never favor one more than the other. What I see, if there is a disagreement its quick incident of anger and hostility instead of sharing the views. I'm not talking about non christians, I'm talking about both non christians and christians. Share each other their views and share the reason or point out why you disagree, not grabbing them with anger and hostilities.

Rose,

I wanted to offer my support. I am sorry you had that unfortunate experience with the fellow you were considering dating. It is, per my feelings, my cultural context, and my understanding of the world, an outrightly inappropriate thing for any person to do when they imply an innate, bestowed masculine superiority over the feminine.

Unfortunately, this trend is rather pervasive in our culture. I'm reminded of a Shirley Chisholm quotation: "The emotional, sexual, and psychological stereotyping of females begins when the doctor says, 'It's a girl.'" Given this prevalence and other factors, I do not believe that feminine subjugation is necessarily a tenet of Christianity itself, but rather, that Christian faith has been manipulated to justify and propagate misogyny.

I applaud you when you strengthen your resolve and declare to us that this kind of outlook on women is something you will not accept. You have my backing!

And perhaps you might like this one tidbit. Those who insist on the subjugation of women have it half right. As the anonymous line goes, "Women belong in the house . . . and the Senate!" ;)

Cheers from a friend!

A " man " is supposed to be the Head of the family and so forth -- so much the same for Jesus Christ who is the Head of the Church.

So sad you think that way.

CyberRed said:

Jesus is the GodHead of all Universe and Earth.

Respectful disagree!

Man and Woman should be treat equal.

We have female priests or paster here in Germany. We also have female who like to work as fireman, electric, etc. I see nothing wrong with that... I work on furniture restoration as my hobby. It´s supposing be man´s job but I like do that. It´s my hobby.

netrox said:
So sad you think that way.

Hey - you have to learn to accept everyone's difference. Respect everyone's POV in despite of their difference. You can't expect everyone to bend over to believe in your own way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back